Sekiro Get Gud??? Lower trophy completion rate?

40 minutes ago, STARLOVE said:

It doesn't need to be a benefit. I just like an even playing field for games and for trophies. It's such a sin, I know.

I understand how you feel. I also think Assist Modes and such should lock trophies.

Trophies are meant to aknowledge an achievement and are completely optional, so giving the same trophy that someone got with effort to someone that just watched kinda devalues it. For example, Celeste would have a very challenging and rewarding Platinum, but since anyone can get it with assist mode it kills the motivation to do it for real.

The way it is I can say I'm the football world champion because I watched France play.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, STARLOVE said:

I advise you carefully start reading what I initially said for that answer. Come on man, put some effort in.

I won't go on and on, but what you said was that you're not against co-op, but you are in some circumstances.  That's what triggered my trophy snob comment.  I scoff at the idea of someone leaning on virtual trophies to distinguish themselves from, or elevate themselves above, others, that's all.  Are they really so important?  Virtual trophies?  Come on.

23 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

For example, Celeste would have a very challenging and rewarding Platinum, but since anyone can get it with assist mode it kills the motivation to do it for real.

Kind of eliminates the point of playing games for fun.  Oh well.  Don't mind me.  I'm sure I could think of something similar and insignificant that I put value in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

I won't go on and on, but what you said was that you're not against co-op, but you are in some circumstances.  That's what triggered my trophy snob comment.  I scoff at the idea of someone leaning on virtual trophies to distinguish themselves from, or elevate themselves above, others, that's all.  Are they really so important?  Virtual trophies?  Come on.

So then why us as humans distinguish accomplished athletes with trophies? Isn't the point to acknowledge they did something better than their peers? Well, we do a digital thing and get digital trophies for it.

There are those of us who like rare trophies, as there are others who prioritize trophy count. I don't care about basic trophies, since those are just like participation awards, but if I'm gonna attempt a crazy hard challenge I want to have something to show for it. It's really not a hard concept to understand.

I'm all in for means to help players who lack the skills to see everything a game has to offer, but trophies should be left as a way to reward those who go out of their way to complete all kinds of challenges in an even playing field.

• Like 1

Anyone who thinks that you can't have co-op with your friends or other people because you're a n00b or otherwise probably doesn't have many friends.

Try some casual games, like Storm Boy or My Riding Horses. I bet those will make you chill the **** up.

20 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

So then why us as humans distinguish accomplished athletes with trophies? Isn't the point to acknowledge they did something better than their peers? Well, we do a digital thing and get digital trophies for it.

There are those of us who like rare trophies, as there are others who prioritize trophy count. I don't care about basic trophies, since those are just like participation awards, but if I'm gonna attempt a crazy hard challenge I want to have something to show for it. It's really not a hard concept to understand.

I'm all in for means to help players who lack the skills to see everything a game has to offer, but trophies should be left as a way to reward those who go out of their way to complete all kinds of challenges in an even playing field.

You're confusing video games and the real world.  A platinum trophy isn't an acknowledgement that someone did something better than someone else; it's an acknowledgement that all efforts assigned by the game developer were met.  Nothing more.  Real world trophies, for sports teams and such, are acknowledgements of better play, among other things.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IntroPhenom said:

Kind of eliminates the point of playing games for fun.  Oh well.  Don't mind me.  I'm sure I could think of something similar and insignificant that I put value in.

No they are not that important, it's just a source of FUN for ME. What people like you don't seem to understand is that people have fun in diverse ways. I didn't say I was against co op in some circumstances, it's your inability to read. I said that some trophies should not unlock when doing co op, not that co op in itself needs to go. That isn't being against co op at all. People like you always love to misrepresent what is actually being said and throw in the ocassional "it's just trophies, bruh". You are on a trophy hunting site acting elitist on how some enjoy hunting trophies. Shame on you!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, STARLOVE said:

No they are not that important, it's just a source of FUN for ME. What people like you don't seem to understand is that people have fun in diverse ways. I didn't say I was against co op in some circumstances, it's your inability to read. I said that some trophies should not unlock when doing co op, not that co op in itself needs to go. That isn't being against co op at all. People like you always love to misrepresent what is actually being said and throw in the ocassional "it's just trophies, bruh". You are on a trophy hunting site acting elitist on how some enjoy hunting trophies. Shame on you!

"I'm not against co-op, I'm only against people having fun with it"

Seems legit :v

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STARLOVE said:

Popping trophies when doing co op is not the core of having fun while playing co op. It's just virtual trophies, bro.

Said the trophy elitist that thinks that trophies should be locked on co-op.

But dont mind me, I'm just a dumb player that wants to have fun and help my friends. I'm such a sad clown poor me.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, SMDoS2 said:

Said the trophy elitist that thinks that trophies should be locked on co-op.

But dont mind me, I'm just a dumb player that wants to have fun and help my friends. I'm such a sad clown poor me.

I hope you will soon get over that dreading feeling of self pity so you can start conversating like a grown up. Trophy elitist, whatever that means. Oh no, this guy proposes that some trophies should only unlock when doing it solo to create an equal playing field for all trophy hunters while co up still exists and people can have all the fun they want. What a TRopHy EliTiSt. Get over yourself.

Edited by STARLOVE
  • Like 1

Rather than the "coop crutch" discussion there seems to be, I think it'll be a much different game for the sake of narrative. It could totally be harder than the prior games, but I don't think the fact that it's only single player is a direct telling of that. I think it's more like, opposed to the other games, they need to put a lot of emphasis on the accessible lore and get the player invested in the characters, setting, and gameplay, rather than leave everything super cryptic. The new ideas and gameplay mechanics they introduced look really awesome and the game will probably be harder to most people solely for the fact that it's almost an entirely different style of game. FromSoft knows what they're doing, I don't think they'd skim out on the difficulty, in fact they might do some really ambitious stuff when it comes to completion lists.

Point is, I'm excited!

17 minutes ago, STARLOVE said:

This is my last go, regardless.  Wishing trophies wouldn't unlock during co-op is, at least a little, akin to saying you're against co-op.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, STARLOVE said:

I hope you will soon get over that dreading feeling of self pity you can start conversating like a grown up. Trophy elitist, whatever that means. Oh no, this guy proposes that some trophies should only unlock when doing it solo to create an equal playing field for all trophy hunters while co up still exists and people can have all the fun they want. What a TRoHy EliTiSt. Get over yourself.

Get real, not everyone is a trophy hunter. And I'm not even talking about this site, I'm talking in general. Even proplayers out there don't care about those Bling Rings. So yeah, as someone already said: "get off your high horse".

Btw why don't you play Kingdom Two Crowns? 90% of the trophies only unlock for P1 when doing co-op.

See, I already contributed more than you for this conversation

• Like 2

Just now, SMDoS2 said:

Get real, not everyone is a trophy hunter. And I'm not even talking about this site, I'm talking in general. Even proplayers out there don't care about those Bling Rings. So yeah, as someone already said: "get off your high horse".

Btw why don't you play Kingdom Two Crowns? 90% of the trophies only unlock for P1 when doing co-op.

See, I already contributed more than you for this conversation

And what about wanting an equal playing field is being in a high horse exactly? I didn't say that co op players that obtain trophies are necessarily unskilled. I didn't say they are bad people, I didn't say they have a lack of imagination of anything of the sort. You just like to pretend I am this boogeyman laughing from his ivory tower at all the plebs that obtain trophies doing co op. If you could actually read what I am saying and argue with what a I arguing, we'd have a much better time and you wouldn't have to ask dumb questions such as "btw why don't you play Kingdom Two Crowns" and pretending you are "contributing" to the conversation. If you want to contribute to this conversation you:

Argue why being for an equal playing field for trophies is such a bad thing.

All the rest is just you trying to paint me as some TroPhY EliTisT.

Just now, IntroPhenom said:

This is my last go, regardless.  Wishing trophies wouldn't unlock during co-op is, at least a little, akin to saying you're against co-op.  

It is saying I am against co op unlocking trophies, not against co op it'self. It's a very simple difference.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, STARLOVE said:

And what about wanting an equal playing field is being in a high horse exactly? I didn't say that co op players that obtain trophies are necessarily unskilled. I didn't say they are bad people, I didn't say they have a lack of imagination of anything of the sort. You just like to pretend I am this boogeyman laughing from his ivory tower at all the plebs that obtain trophies doing co op. If you could actually read what I am saying and argue with what a I arguing, we'd have a much better time and you wouldn't have to ask dumb questions such as "btw why don't you play Kingdom Two Crowns" and pretending you are "contributing" to the conversation. If you want to contribute to this conversation you:

Argue why being for an equal playing field for trophies is such a bad thing.

All the rest is just you trying to paint me as some TroPhY EliTisT.

First: I already gave you arguments. Not everyone is a trophy hunter, and YES you're being an elitist if you think a DEVELOPER should follow YOUR WHIMS about trophies and co-op when you're clearly outnumbered. Also other people also gave you plenty of reasons as well so why don't you go back the thread?

Second: I unfortunelly read what you're saying and I still don't agree with you. Let people choose how they wish to platinum a game. Who are you to decide for them? If they want to do it alone, then they'll do it alone. If they wish help for co-op then let them get help.

Third: If defending this is a dumb move, so be it. But it doesn't change the fact that you're still a trophy elitist <3

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SMDoS2 said:

First: I already gave you arguments. Not everyone is a trophy hunter, and YES you're being an elitist if you think a DEVELOPER should follow YOUR WHIMS about trophies and co-op when you're clearly outnumbered. Also other people also gave you plenty of reasons as well so why don't you go back the thread?

Second: I unfortunelly read what you're saying and I still don't agree with you. Let people choose how they wish to platinum a game. Who are you to decide for them? If they want to do it alone, then they'll do it alone. If they wish help for co-op then let them get help.

Third: If defending this is a dumb move, so be it. But it doesn't change the fact that you're still a trophy elitist <3

That is not an argument against what I am saying, it's simply an observation you make on a trophy hunting website. I have seen zero reasons as to why an equal playing field is such a bad thing. Even if people aren't trophy hunters, if you'd use a little logic, it would not matter to these people how the obtaining of trophies is constituted since they do not hunt trophies. What does this matter to people who don't hunt for trophies? So, incredibly poor argument. You have any others?

Where am I saying that people can't plat a game how they want? Where am I saying that people are not allowed to get trophies via co op? Another strawman argument from you. I am simply saying that my preference would be that co op does not unlock trophies. That is not telling people how to play. If people can obtain trophies via co op, I won't lose sleep over it. I just don't think it's particularly fair. Please, stop wasting my time with your logical fallacies. Even your number 3 has another strawman argument as I never said that defending what you defend is dumb.

Edited by STARLOVE
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, STARLOVE said:

That is not an argument against what I am saying, it's simply an observation you make on a trophy hunting website. I have seen zero reasons as to why an equal playing field is such a bad thing. Even if people aren't trophy hunters, if you'd use a little logic, it would not matter to these people how the obtaining of trophies is constituted since they do not hunt trophies. What does this matter to people who don't hunt for trophies? So, incredibly poor argument. You have any others?

Where am I saying that people can't plat a game how they want? Where am I saying that people are not allowed to get trophies via co op? Another strawman argument from you. I am simply saying that my preference would be that co op does not unlock trophies. That is not telling people how to play. If people can obtain trophies via co op, I won't lose sleep over it. I just don't think it's particularly fair. Please, stop wasting my time with your logical fallacies. Even your number 3 has another strawman argument as I never said that defending what you defend is dumb.

An observation that many would rather agree with my than you. At least based upon reading the comments. Aren't you making only an observation as well?

In the moment you said "lock trophies on co-op so they try again in solo until they get it" IS dictating how someone should play it. Basic logic, man.

Also

"Look at me im a trophy elitist who hates fallacies and people who disagree with me hurr durr".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SMDoS2 said:

An observation that many would rather agree with my than you. At least based upon reading the comments. Aren't you making only an observation as well?

In the moment you said "lock trophies on co-op so they try again in solo until they get it" IS dictating how someone should play it. Basic logic, man.

Also

"Look at me im a trophy elitist who hates fallacies and people who disagree with me hurr durr".

Your observation is irrelevant as I stated. Are you even reading what I am saying or simply not processing it? Again, what does it matter to people who are not trophy hunters on how trophies are obtained? It makes no sense.

As for telling people how to play. Telling someone how they should play would mean they have the option between certain things, which they do. Saying that disabling trophies in co op does not actually stop the player from playing co op. I am not telling anyone how to play, but I am uttering a preference (again I have to repeat myself) that I'd rather trophies unlock solo. Does this stop people from playing co op? No, does this force people into playing solo? No, only if you want the trophy. And my argument for that is to create an equal playing field among all trophy hunters. People who don't trophy hunt don't get to be included here as (surprise) they don't actually hunt trophies. Honestly, you are just trolling at this stage, that or you are incredibly vacuous. It's true though, I do not like fallacies because apparently it topics like this, people apparently can't read or they read only what they want to see so they can argue with that. People who disagree with me, however, I have no problems with. It's just the way in which you present yourself that is incredibly irritating.

Edited by STARLOVE
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, STARLOVE said:

Your observation is irrelevant as I stated. Are you even reading what I am saying or simply not processing it? Again, what does it matter to people who are not trophy hunters on how trophies are obtained? It makes no sense.

As for telling people how to play. Telling someone how they should play would mean they have the option between certain things, which they do. Saying that disabling trophies in co op does not actually stop the player from playing co op. I am not telling anyone how to play, but I am uttering a preference (again I have to repeat myself) that I'd rather trophies unlock solo. Does this stop people from playing co op? No, does this force people into playing solo? No, only if you want the trophy. And my argument for that is to create an equal playing field among all trophy hunters. People who don't trophy hunt don't get to be included here as (surprise) they don't actually hunt trophies. Honestly, you are just trolling at this stage, that are you are incredibly vacuous. It's true though, I do not like fallacies because apparently it topics like this, people apparently can't read or they read only what they want to see so they can argue with that. People who disagree with me, however, I have no problems with. It's just the way in which you present yourself that is incredibly irritating.

For someone that stated that wouldn't lose sleep because of something like this you're still complaining. It's incredible.

A casual player who still wants a trophy has the right to get it even if they're in co-op or solo. For each their own tastes.

Sure, it's your opinion but the moment you publish it on the internet there will be backlash. This is a public community after all.

And I don't know, it doesn't seem to me that I'm the one not understanding what it's being said. This is a trophy hunting site and still there were people defending trophies unlocking with co-op. It has been said again and again. But in the end I'm the troll. Yeah, right.

Edited by SMDoS2
  • Like 1