Sekiro Get Gud??? Lower trophy completion rate?

I think it'll be rarer but just by a bit. Like maybe 12-15% instead of the usual 17-23% from the previous soulsborne games. Just like playing a soulsborne game for the first time, obviously there will be a lot of deaths and a lot of learning to do but the same principle of never giving up and persevering through the game's challenges is something that is still within all of us - which will ultimately, with time, make Sekiro easy and manageable. 

Edited by sPl1c3r_12

4 hours ago, KaiserVendrix said:

Oh boy, your one of those Souls players. You know the type of player that gets salts because someone had help with Ornstein and Smough, so they never got the "true experience". First of all get off the high horse, a lot of people have been playing since Demon's and have only found the games get more easy as they went on. The whole mentality of the Souls games being the hardest thing a gamer can do is bloody stupid. The reason why it started off with that reputation is because Demon's and Dark was all new and it as catching people off guard by how different it was. We have had 2 sequels and the closest thing we will ever get to a sequel to Demon's with Bloodborne. 

If we wasn't meant to play the games in co-op then why is it in the game? Why was the remaster given a password system so its even more easy for you to play with friends? Because it's part of the game and if people want to play it like that then let them play it that way. Don't be a snob and look down on people for just wanting to enjoy a game, I've helped many in co-op in the past and I would do it more times over.

Regarding Sekiro though, it's not a souls game. From what I've seen it's very different from what everyone is grown to used too, so people will struggle at the start. But like Demon's, Dark and Blood, people will beat it into the ground like any other game.

Um nobody is salty. And you obviously didn't read what I wrote. I never said anyone missed a true experience or that I don't like co op. I love dark souls! Bloodborne. All those games and I like the way they are structured. You should play with your friends. What I said was that I don't like when people play the game with other people not doing anything themselves.. Or hiding in a corner chugging estus while fighting a boss and then saying the game is easy after everyone else did it for them. It's happened to me before. I have gotten summoned and then literally seen the person run to the other end of the screen and hide behind something while leaving me to fight the boss alone. And then those are the people saying Yeah... dark souls is easy. Anything is easy if someone else does it for you. 

3 hours ago, WeprCZ said:

I don't think this game will have any rarer plat. If it goes by like every other soulsborne game, then there will be at least one type of build, that will destroy the game (for Demon's Souls,DS,DS2 magic, for Bloodborne it was bloodtinge builds, hell even Nioh could be broken). 

Every single one of those games allowed the player to call for help... This one will be the true test. If you have the platinum then you actually earned it. Unless you let someone shareplay and do it for you. Then I don't know what to tell you lol

Just now, Brawler said:

"Real players from the fakes" 1f602.png Dude, settle down. I know people like hyping up the Souls games for being hard or whatever but this whole thing comes off as a little cheesy. 

Don't mess with me! I'm in a zone right now lol

7 hours ago, SuchRemorse said:

Finally! A single player From software game! This will sort the real players from the fakes! If this game has a difficulty level to match Bloodborne and the Souls games we can finally see who the REAL good people are! And who needs to "GET GUD" I'm so tired of people riding on the heels of other players. Or summoning people and having them do all the tough work and then they say the games are easy. Yeah it might be easy if you don't do anything or if you hide in the corner and constantly chug estus while your 2 other friends tackle a tough boss and earn you that platinum. Or the ultimate loser move. When you invade a game and 3 people are just waiting for you. Gank squad style and they surround you before you can even move and they all start attacking not even letting you breath and then put up the "what's up" gesture when you die. YOU would not beat anyone in a one on one fight. You need your friends to feel good and think you are good. I have seen so many times when I invade and fight 2 or 3 people at once and the host is acting tough in the background but then when you kill his summons he runs away! I'm sure you have all encountered this as well. Lets see how well you do on your own! This is a single player ONLY game. You have to do it all on your own. I have a feeling this game will have a much MUCH lower completion rate than the other games. Only time will tell. Thoughts???

And this is for all the people that can't seem to read today. I never said I don't like co op.. Or I don't like friends to help each other. I said I don't like when people don't do anything in the game and have their friends do everything for them. AND THEN THEY SAY THE GAME IS EASY but they can't seem to finish it on their own.

Basically.... The point I wast trying to make is that Sekiro Is going to be regarded as a more difficult game than dark souls or bloodborne.. That's it!! That's the point I was making And MOST people won't say it's EASY. 

Someone's salty :P

• Like 3

Just curious, how can you tell who are the 'fakes' who have been carried and then go on to say it's easy? I've got a hunch that you think this applies to everyone except yourself, the one true gamer god!

I am messing around though, and I'm not trying to say I'm good too, all I've personally touched is Bloodborne. I loved it and never used the companion friend whatever thing, but I dropped off when I reached the chalice dungeons. But that is where I get confused with your initial post because Bloodborne being my first From Soft game I was expecting to be brutalised, which on occasion I was, but like others have said if you're patient and smart about your play there is no reason why you should be dying upwards of 100 times. A rough estimate since I haven't played it in ages but I think I finished my playthrough up until the chalice dungeons with around 35-40 deaths, which isn't amazing but I am a newbie. I'll go back one day to finish it, anyway I am very excited for Sekiro been following it since it's announcement and will be getting it day one.

Might want to fill your salt shaker back up I think it's probably close to empty now ?

• Like 2

On 3/17/2019 at 10:24 AM, WeprCZ said:

I don't think this game will have any rarer plat. If it goes by like every other soulsborne game, then there will be at least one type of build, that will destroy the game (for Demon's Souls,DS,DS2 magic, for Bloodborne it was bloodtinge builds, hell even Nioh could be broken). 

There are no builds in Sekiro. You got HP and pose upgrades and that is it. But you can max out both. The only other thing you can change is the prosthetic tools. You can upgrade your tools and you can unlock skills but everyone can unlock all skills. It's nothing like soulsborne unless you want to say being harder then normal is soulsborne.

Edited by EmoKitten4

On 2019-03-17 at 5:54 AM, stargate1995 said:

The soulsborne games were only ever hard to learn but not particularly to master. Once you started to get used to the game play style and get used to how to deal with most situations the games actually became pretty easy so long as you weren't putting restrictions on yourself and way of play. This is why most people view their first Soulsborne game as the hardest in the series when in reality it is basically just which one you had to learn first (I started on DS1 and found the others to be reasonably simple, I never really faced a challenge that I would consider incredibly hard to beat. Though I would probably say the closest I got to DS1 learning difficulty was some of the BB chalice dungeons). I assume Sekiro is going to be very much the same, a steep learning curve for the first few hours (to the first boss or so) and then a steady path through the rest of the game as you start just naturally getting noticeably better.

It’s something a lot of people overlook when playing a series (or sub genre). They are used to it, so even if the difficulty is exactly the same it will be easier just because of having more and more and more experience with games of that nature. 

I bet people who think x was harder went back to x then they’d see it’s easy to them as well. Since they’ve done it all before. That’s what developing a skill set does. It makes things easier for you. 

• Like 1

I never had anything against people who liked to coop in soulsborne games. Me personally it made the games far too easy. But if the game is a auto failure in your eyes just because coop is gone then sadly you do either need to "git gud" or it's simply not the game for you. I do suggest you at least play it once to see for yourself because you never know till you try.

6 hours ago, ajkungfu said:

Personally glad co-op is gone. People will actually have to "git gud" instead of relying on their co-op buddies to cheese the game. Too early to say if it'll drastically effect the overall platinum rarity though.

That's the point I was trying to make! Thank you! First person to understand what I was saying! ? 

On 3/17/2019 at 1:07 PM, SuchRemorse said:

Finally! A single player From software game! This will sort the real players from the fakes! If this game has a difficulty level to match Bloodborne and the Souls games we can finally see who the REAL good people are! And who needs to "GET GUD" I'm so tired of people riding on the heels of other players. Or summoning people and having them do all the tough work and then they say the games are easy. Yeah it might be easy if you don't do anything or if you hide in the corner and constantly chug estus while your 2 other friends tackle a tough boss and earn you that platinum. Or the ultimate loser move. When you invade a game and 3 people are just waiting for you. Gank squad style and they surround you before you can even move and they all start attacking not even letting you breath and then put up the "what's up" gesture when you die. YOU would not beat anyone in a one on one fight. You need your friends to feel good and think you are good. I have seen so many times when I invade and fight 2 or 3 people at once and the host is acting tough in the background but then when you kill his summons he runs away! I'm sure you have all encountered this as well. Lets see how well you do on your own! This is a single player ONLY game. You have to do it all on your own. I have a feeling this game will have a much MUCH lower completion rate than the other games. Only time will tell. Thoughts???

And this is for all the people that can't seem to read today. I never said I don't like co op.. Or I don't like friends to help each other. I said I don't like when people don't do anything in the game and have their friends do everything for them. AND THEN THEY SAY THE GAME IS EASY but they can't seem to finish it on their own.

Basically.... The point I wast trying to make is that Sekiro Is going to be regarded as a more difficult game than dark souls or bloodborne.. That's it!! That's the point I was making And MOST people won't say it's EASY. 

13 hours ago, ajkungfu said:

Personally glad co-op is gone. People will actually have to "git gud" instead of relying on their co-op buddies to cheese the game. Too early to say if it'll drastically effect the overall platinum rarity though.

Why does it bother you so much how other people play the game? I see it a lot here. Me personally, I platinumed Bloodborne solo, because playing with others distracts me from experiencing the atmosphere of the game. After then I played coop with some of my friends.

But I couldn't care less about other people's trophy list, let alone being glad that the mechanics from the game is gone or write two paragraphs of rant about how the game will sort out so-called real players from fakes. This elitist "git gud" attitude of some people around soulsborne games is something I'll never get.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1

Pretty sad there is no multiplayer, really enjoyed all those messages on first walkthrough, plus always liked both pvp areas, performing sins and invading.

And also dunno why everyone expecting DS experience, probably only me waiting for the Tenchu more.

Edited by Bloodytears1666

17 hours ago, SuchRemorse said:

That's the point I was trying to make! Thank you! First person to understand what I was saying! 1f602.png 

Everyone understands what you were saying, we just don't think it's as big of a deal as you do haha

• Like 3

I sort of made this point earlier as well. Dark Souls are not difficult games, but people like to pretend they are while there are so many factors that make these games easy. Things such as co op and free farming of souls enabling one to level to absurd proportions to make everything an absolute joke. I am not against co op, but if you co op bosses, I do feel it should lock you out of the trophy until you solo it. This is why Sekiro for me is a welcome change. I am personally more of a fan of the solo play and a more level playing field when it comes to trophies. Wouldn't lose any sleep over it though. Trophy list in itself looks pretty standard and boring. And knowing From Software, there will probably still be a way to be insanely OP and breeze through everything.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 6:15 AM, nazareth357 said:

I honestly think the only factor that will affect the plat rarity in a large way will be how the Dragon Rot system works in relation to the 4 endings you need to get.

That's what I was thinking but I also saw a video of some guy saying you can get infinite items that remove Dragon rot.  So with that in mind I feel like this game is only going to be harder to plat because of having to learn a whole new game kind of like how Bloodborne took me 10 hours to beat the first area because it was my first soulsborne game.  Also not being able to power level to beat a boss your stuck on and only being able to unlock different tools to deal with enemies will also make the game harder.

I think the plat percentage will stay about the same,  the thing about Fromsoft is people love their games and keep playing them over and over which is why so many people are able to plat them.  Its because people put time into them.  Some rarer plats are only super rare because the game is shit and no one wants to do pointless shit for 100 hours for a %3 plat.

Edited by iGGTheEnd
  • Like 1

On 17.3.2019 at 1:36 PM, SuchRemorse said:

And that's why Sekiro Will have a lower completion rate in my opinion. Because if they have any situations like that. Some people won't be able to call for help. They will have to either not finish the game. Or they will have to GET GUD!!!! 

People really use "git gud" unironically? ?

I'm glad Sekiro is single player only but not necessarily for the same reason. I played Bloodborne and all Souls offline (with the net cable unplugged) and got the plats alone because I hate co-op. And the most frustrating thing in Souls games is the invasion system. Being invaded by someone and get killed all of a sudden while you were just trying to explore an area is awful and I didn't want that at all. I enjoyed these games a lot but I took my time (hundreds of hours), and if I had to fight other players all the time it would've destroyed my fun.

I'm not a very good player but I was able to get all these platinums alone. I guess I "got good" and it's extremely rewarding. Dying is part of the fun in these games, it makes you try and try again until you finally beat it. The Souls games aren't difficult in my opinion, but they require investment and time from the player. Once you know what to expect and what it needs to beat them it's not difficult, just demanding.

So when I see people getting their plat in coop while someone else does all of the job it feels like they wasted their fun, they didn't have this satisfaction of beating a hard boss after lots of deaths.

It reminds me of Nier Automata and its "trophy store" where you can pay with the ingame money to immediately unlock all trophies, even though the game is extremely easy. I didn't use it and took my time to earn each trophy, but lots of people used this feature to get the trophies faster and spoiled themselves a huge part of the game. And it spoiled the platinum stats too because if this "store" didn't exist the amount of platinums would decrease.

Now don't get me wrong, people can play the way they want and get their trophies how they want, I don't care at all. But when I see that kind of thing I just think "what a waste".

I'm really looking forward to play Sekiro, learn the new mechanics, die and die again until I finally get to the end, while enjoying the game at my own pace. And this time, every player will be on the same level, we will all have to put our balls on the table and grab the platinum with our own skills. That's a good thing :)

11 hours ago, Devil-Danna said:

It reminds me of Nier Automata and its "trophy store" where you can pay with the ingame money to immediately unlock all trophies, even though the game is extremely easy.

The game is extremely unbalanced. On normal difficulty, like you said, extremely easy. But try hard difficulty, it's extremely hard. But I get your point with coop, trophy store, etc.

This whole "Get Gud" mentality is infantile IMO. It's just a way of people looking down at others for having a different ethos of self-fulfillment and accomplishment. Some of my friends look at completions and are impressed. I am more impressed at a particular friend of mine who jumps straight to the hardest difficulty on an initial no NG+ mode every time they start a game. It's all subjective. 

People have varying skill levels in varying games, and the grand majority of people accept the challenge of FromSoftware games just being what it is. I don't think it an awful thing for players of the previous games to have used co-op for help on bits that they found challenging, and I don't think the fact that Sekiro is a single player only experience should be used as a way of separating the "wheat from the chaff", as it isn't a Soulsborne game. Although I think it will be harder, that isn't a given yet. If you can do it solo and you want to, great, if you want to have co-op help, you can. It's so ingrained into the Soulborne community that it even has its own etiquette and series of unspoken rules, and has KaiserVendrix said, it is a part of those games. Just because you have MLg SupEr S1Ck SkillZ doesn't mean everyone else's experience or platinum was invalid, and that they are "fake" if they can't complete Sekiro because it has no MP functionality. 

I am terrible at these type of games, and I consider Bloodborne to be the 2nd best exclusive of this generation. Also, even if it does have a lower completion %, I don't really get what the problem is. It's typically anticipated to be the hardest game they've made unless I'm mistaken, and I can even see some people who completed their other titles solo not being able to complete this one anyway...

1 hour ago, BloodyRutz said:

The game is extremely unbalanced. On normal difficulty, like you said, extremely easy. But try hard difficulty, it's extremely hard. But I get your point with coop, trophy store, etc.

It is, and I kind of love that. NieR: Automata caters to anyone of any ability, more or less. 

Edited by phantomfear9494
  • Like 2