Is there any reason for so few people achieve the platinum?

I want to play this game since it released on PS4, but the other version was unplattable. And now I am surprised to see that this version have only 26 players of over 1000 owners, actually have the platinum. Is it that difficulty? There is no trophy guide (in any place), so I don't know for sure. Even super hard games, with 9 or 10 difficulty ratings have more achievers. Is there any trophy too much hard or too long to get?

Looking at the trophy %, it seems people just stopped playing at a certain point. There's not really any singular trophy that's stopping people.

My guess would be the trophy percentages are incorrect because the website's auto update isnt turned back on yet. Only premium member auto update and manual updates are working right now. Sly said this should be corrected soon.

26 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Looking at the trophy %, it seems people just stopped playing at a certain point. There's not really any singular trophy that's stopping people.

My guess would be the trophy percentages are incorrect because the website's auto update isnt turned back on yet. Only premium member auto update and manual updates are working right now. Sly said this should be corrected soon.

Don't think the stats are the reason. I checked other tracker sites and all of them have super low plat achievers...even lower than this site. So most likely @HuntingFever is correct.

Edited by MidnightDragon

It's less that KSP is fundamentally hard (though it certainly can be, especially without the wealth of mods available for the PC version) than that several of those planets are really quite time-consuming to reach (again, especially without mod features like Kerbal Alarm Clock to facilitate running missions in parallel).

I played for some time on PC some years ago and it's really confusing at first, then I saw some tutorials and it's kinda easy. If this is the only thing stopping people to complete the trophies, then I think I'll play. I already know most of the challenges, what each thing do, the physics... I'll check the trophy list to see if there's anything too much time consuming like 1 week for 1 trophy.

• 1 month later...

There's a big learning curve. The tutorials themselves run about 2-3 hours.  The controls are still kind of wonky especially in the Vehicle Assembly Building. You also need a lot experimentation and tweaking to figure out the best way to get to do things.

I have played it on PC and that has helped me out to get past all the little annoyances. However, if people have only played it on console, it can be tough to get past that.

I personally gave up because the controls were a mess last time I played. However, I'm getting back into the game and I'm hoping to make that Platinum my next one. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
12 minutes ago, JimiSkins said:

Or best?

Depends on whether you expect to earn revenue from your game. Making games inaccessible to the general public is a good way to shoot yourself in the foot and reduce overall profits. Personally, the terrible Dunwall City DLC for Dishonored is why I'll never buy another game in the franchise.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I've looked at getting it but as others have mentioned pretty hard and very grindy. Plus even though this one wasn't out right unobtainable as the other version I remember it having its own issues. Plus then there's the sour taste left in alot of people's mouths they refused to fix the old because the new one works. Stuff like that just put people off any devs future releases.

• 2 months later...

So I stopped playing console KSP for a while but I came back to it this year to finally finish up that Platinum trophy. 

The controls are still pretty awful. Switching between cursor mode and controller mode is a bit awkward and many times I messed up a perfect maneuver because I didn’t realize I was in the wrong mode. Due to tediousness of building and controlling I did not want to mess around the game too much - just enough to get the trophies. 

I decided to do the trophies that require career mode first, like the Kerbal rescue mission and then I switched over to a creative save. Then I started the trophies that I thought were a bit tedious - docking, rover on the Mun, etc. so I was left with trophies that only required visiting and flying by planets/moons. 

Then I built a big ship that could take me anywhere and started to check off those trophies. I did have to redo my Moho landing ship a couple of times so that took a while. 

However, I wasn’t expecting to be fighting the interface so much on my trips to Dres and Eeloo. There’s no option on console to “Always show closest approach to target.” so I spent a lot of time fussing around with the maneuver nodes to make sure the target icons didn’t disappear. Also, just working with maneuver nodes is a pain in regards to having to switch to cursor mode for fine adjustments and controlling the cursor with an analog stick.

In the end, I’m glad I got the Platinum but without some PC experience it is tougher and there’s still a big learning curve.  I still enjoy the game but only on PC - that’s where I do my more interesting missions and keep a more standard career save.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, danramarch said:

However, I wasn’t expecting to be fighting the interface so much on my trips to Dres and Eeloo. There’s no option on console to “Always show closest approach to target.” so I spent a lot of time fussing around with the maneuver nodes to make sure the target icons didn’t disappear. Also, just working with maneuver nodes is a pain in regards to having to switch to cursor mode for fine adjustments and controlling the cursor with an analog stick.

This is the worst thing about the console version of the game. The smallest movement of the analog stick makes the camera move hundreds of kilometers. It makes the maneuvers so much harder because you need to keep dancing with the analog to find the closest position we need.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 21/04/2019 at 9:51 PM, danramarch said:

There's a big learning curve. The tutorials themselves run about 2-3 hours.  The controls are still kind of wonky especially in the Vehicle Assembly Building. You also need a lot experimentation and tweaking to figure out the best way to get to do things.

I have played it on PC and that has helped me out to get past all the little annoyances. However, if people have only played it on console, it can be tough to get past that.

I personally gave up because the controls were a mess last time I played. However, I'm getting back into the game and I'm hoping to make that Platinum my next one. 

You got the platinum for it ??
kudos 

• Like 1