Detroit: Become Human, Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls Officially Announced for PC

Ghost

3 minutes ago, Ilzaki said:

I'm confused.  Are they releasing Beyond or not?

Hahaha. I'd give you a rep if I hadn't reached the limit. As I said earlier, some really hilarious responses on twitter after the announcement. I haven't played Beyond yet. Is it really that bad?

1 minute ago, SinisterPledge said:

Hahaha. I'd give you a rep if I hadn't reached the limit. As I said earlier, some really hilarious responses on twitter after the announcement. I haven't played Beyond yet. Is it really that bad?

I wasn't a fan.  It made a big deal of your choices mattering, when it really didn't.  You literally pick what ending your want.  The biggest effect is whether this guy as an eyepatch or not.  And I was trying my damndest to get him killed.  He was shoehorned to be a love interest, but there was no chemistry and I couldn't really stand him.  

I always felt like Sony should have purchased Quantic Dream. They've produced some wonderful games together and being under their management could have been for the best. It's great that other people can experience the game on PC now that it'll just be a PlayStation console exclusive. However, I feel like the new Epic games store is trying their hardest to rise above.

With the exception of Heavy Rain, the other two game's copyright is owned by Sony.

Which means, without Sony's agreement, it is not possible to publish Beyond Two Souls and Detroit Become Human on PC.

I dont understand how Sony agreed to this, it is an own goal for them.

It is even worse thinking about what could this mean long term, Microsoft already decided to release all xbox exclusives to PC, maybe Sony wants to follow the same example.

Up until now there was a feeling of a guarantee that none of the PS exclusive titles would be released on other platform, because they a a pillars of playstation, they are a reason to own a playstation, hell i bought my PS3, because i wanted to play with the Quantic Dream and the Naugty Dog games.

After this, the guarantee is shattered and i wouldnt be suprised if Sony started to release other big PS exclusives to PC.

The day Sony announces they are bringing any more PS ex titles to PC, will be the day i leave playstation gaming.

There are only so many bullshits that i can take, Sony's game censoring policies already pissed me off and now this... i dont want any more!

1 hour ago, gabor434 said:

With the exception of Heavy Rain, the other two game's copyright is owned by Sony.

According to the copyrights at the bottom of the Epic store page, Heavy Rain is owned by Sony too. Just the “Heavy Rain” trademark that belongs to QD?

Anyhow, Sony are clearly getting a big enough cut from this deal to have allowed it to happen. I think it’s probably a one-off to appease QD so they don’t ditch PlayStation completely in future. Just a guess. So we shouldn’t be too worried about other PS exclusives going to PC, especially first party ones. These were technically second party exclusives anyway. 

Edited by dell9300

15 hours ago, EmoKitten4 said:

Or Epic could try making games again instead of just riding Fortnite to hell and back. Then they will have exclusives that truly make them stand out. Not this clear buy off crap that annoys most people from both MS and now Epic.

They did and failed. Remember Paragon? Remember the new Unreal Tournament? Remember Fortnite before PUBG? Nobody cared about any of these until they made a PUBG clone.

Going off the tweet that @DEI2EK posted that seems like such a dick thing to say & like @Undead Wolf said, unprofessional.

I think this tweet in response said it best

"Orrr....”thank you PlayStation for helping us make these titles so beloved by so many. I’m excited to announce that now you can experience our stories on PC as well”"

That would have been the better thing to say instead of looking like a massive twat

• 1 month later...

Great news! they are going to look sooo much better on PC. Cant wait to see the comparision back to back.