I tried to give a homeless man the rest of my salad today

wyansas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM6xVQwIOYQ

Seriously though a couple of years ago there was this homeless guy with a sign that said something like "I lost my job and I am hungry and cold. Please help". Well I had two whoppers from burger King so i gave him one. His answer was "I don't want that crap"

So yeah Burger King should use that as a slogan "Our food is so gross that even bums won't touch it" :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No, it's just it's a wrong choice of food to give (at least in America)

What? Have Americans (d)evolved to where we can't digest salad anymore? If someone is truly homeless and starving, they'll eat whatever they can get whether it is a salad or half eaten burgers from a fast food dumpster. The problem with the majority of "homeless" people who hold up signs on off ramps are they're worthless addicts and they don't want food, they want money to feed their addicting. 

I'm a very generous person, I always pick up hitchhikers (and have driven one in excess of 100 miles in a direction I wasn't going) and if a homeless person asks me for money I politely decline but offer them a meal on me, and you'd be surprised how many decline and say they just want the money. A local news station did an investigation on "homeless" people on off ramps here, and they actually found a lot of them have decent sized houses, kids, cars and when interviewed they claim they can make anywhere from $20-$30 an hour from begging so why work when you can make more money from living off other people? Those worthless sacks of shit make me sick. 

Parker

• Like 1

I commend your generosity for trying to help, but my opinion on the issue is that trying to "help" any of these people is misguided.  Ever hear the old maxim "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day; Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for the rest of his life."?  Most of these people want to be given fish -- see my argument below about the entitlement aspect.

Wow, even the homeless are acting like spoiled, entitled assholes.

Yes, they are. 

Then again, there are an awful lot of "homeless people" who aren't really homeless.... rather, they see panhandling as being much easier and much more lucrative than actually working for a living.  Any money they're collecting is cash and not reportable to the IRS, so they don't have to pay taxes on it and it doesn't interfere with their treasure trove of government benefits.  And panhandling is almost certainly easier than working "a real job" with real responsbilities, a boss, et cetera.

You see "special reports" on the newschannels about this sort of scam every so often.  More than that, a little bit of observation can allow you to pick out all sorts of inconsistencies that make it obvious many of them aren't legitimately begging and homeless.  Many of the signs they carry have identical mis-spellings, many of those same signs are lettered in the exact same handwriting and style.... I've seen some of these people wearing brand new work boots of the sort that I do (which cost $200 a pop).  Heck, I even saw two "homeless beggars" the other day sitting in the bushes alongside a semi-major road eating a pizza they had just had delivered, one with multiple toppings.

Frankly, if we all just ignored these parasites I think the world would be a better place.... especially if we got rid of many of the government hand-outs that suck tax dollars from all us working, productive people and siphoned the money to lazy people who simply don't want to bother trying to be productive people.  If this sort of laziness wasn't so prosperous, people would stop doing it.

• Like 1

About 10 years ago a woman with a baby in a stroller was sitting on a wall outside a shopping centre with a sign saying she was homeless and needed money to feed the baby.

I rummaged in my pocked for what change I had and then I noticed the stroller. Whilst it had rags of blankets covering it it was new, and what was worse it was identical to the "New Model Maclaren" stroller in the shop window she was sitting just 10 yards from. The new model was £450.

10 years ago my car was that sort of money - not a baby stroller!

So, I kept my change and walked on.

About 2 hours later I was walking back past her site when she got a phone call on her mobile and got up and pushed the stroller down the street. As I was heading that way towards my car I continued to watch her. She went around the corner and collapsed the stroller with the "baby" still in it and put all into the boot of a 730i BMW.

I am sorry to say this but that event has coloured my opinion of street beggers and I never give them anything anymore.

l like this story lol reminds me of something that happened to me at the weekend i was at chester horseraces for my dad's 60th birthday i was going to place a bet on the way i spotted samsung s2 mobile phone on the floor i picked it and i was tempted to keep it but it had a badly smashed screen probably from a woman's high heel shoe

It looked like a girl's phone so i decided to hand it to the police they took my details who knows maybe i might get a reward in the post down the line i did not do it for the reward i did not do for the reward hopefully in the future if i lose something it might find its way back to me you know good karma and all that

On a side note streetbeggers tell the truth with there eyes a true homeless person's eye's tell a thousand stories

• 10 years later...