Crashing in Mad Moxxi's Underdome.

22 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Yeah man I think I had it easy only crashing on me once. Using elemental weapons to eliminate body parts is essential. If you don’t do that you’re guaranteed to get a crash. I really can’t believe they haven’t fixed it already. 

In terms of using elemental weapons, fire and corrosive are the best to use. Mainly because they either burn/dissolve the body easily than any other.  Will you be doing the pre-squeal as well once you have completed the game?  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CelestialShards said:

In terms of using elemental weapons, fire and corrosive are the best to use. Mainly because they either burn/dissolve the body easily than any other.  Will you be doing the pre-squeal as well once you have completed the game?  

I’ve already completed the game and I’m currently on Borderlands 2 but yes, I’ll be doing the Pre-Sequel once I’m done with that (followed by Borderlands 3).

• 4 weeks later...

Finished all 3 arenas on ps3 this week with no crashes, then went to ps4 and had one crash. I found the best way to avoid it is with the round skip glicth and using fire together to minimize bodys on the floor. With the round skip i finished with 950 kills and probably 50% of them were killed with fire. Also if you do all 3 arenas on ps3 and you only need to do 1 arena on ps4 to get the 3 silvers and 1 gold trophy if you use the save export system.

• 2 weeks later...

So, i just did the 3 small arenas with my cross-save character from ps3 and i didn't get the trophy. Should i have done them with my new ps4 character?

On 8/10/2020 at 3:43 PM, Cambeeny said:

Finished all 3 arenas on ps3 this week with no crashes, then went to ps4 and had one crash. I found the best way to avoid it is with the round skip glicth and using fire together to minimize bodys on the floor. With the round skip i finished with 950 kills and probably 50% of them were killed with fire. Also if you do all 3 arenas on ps3 and you only need to do 1 arena on ps4 to get the 3 silvers and 1 gold trophy if you use the save export system.

How did you skip rounds on ps4? The bosses have some immunity to damage for 3-4 seconds as they come out.

Also, i'm confused, does finishing ONE big challenge, gives you the trophy for others as well?

And with which character should i play, a new one or the imported from ps3?

I can't believe i spent 2+ hours for nothing in the lesser challenges :facepalm:

58 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

So, i just did the 3 small arenas with my cross-save character from ps3 and i didn't get the trophy. Should i have done them with my new ps4 character?

How did you skip rounds on ps4? The bosses have some immunity to damage for 3-4 seconds as they come out.

Also, i'm confused, does finishing ONE big challenge, gives you the trophy for others as well?

I can't believe i spent 2+ hours for nothing in the lesser challenges :facepalm:

You have to do the lesser challenges to unlock the big ones, and if you have a character from PS3 I recommend you import them to save time. 

7 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

You have to do the lesser challenges to unlock the big ones, and if you have a character from PS3 I recommend you import them to save time. 

This^

You have to finish the 3 Small Arenas first, to unlock the 3 Large Arenas. Also, the round skip exploit only works when using hacked gear - the requesting of which is prohibited by the Moderators. If if you import a 100% completed PS3 save, then you only have to do 1 of the Large Arenas to pop all of the Underdome trophies.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

You have to finish the 3 Small Arenas first, to unlock the 3 Large Arenas. Also, the round skip exploit only works when using hacked gear - the requesting of which is prohibited by the Moderators. If if you import a 100% completed PS3 save, then you only have to do 1 of the Large Arenas to pop all of the Underdome trophies.

Do i have to do them in a different playthough though? For example, on ps3 i did them on pt1. With the imported save do i have to do them on pt2?

10 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Do i have to do them in a different playthough though? For example, on ps3 i did them on pt1. With the imported save do i have to do them on pt2?

Having not auto-popped the arena trophies myself (i had to do them legit with the 2 player trick) I can't say for certain but I imagine you would have to it on the same playthrough you unlocked them on in the PS3 version ?.

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

Having not auto-popped the arena trophies myself (i had to do them legit with the 2 player trick) I can't say for certain but I imagine you would have to it on the same playthrough you unlocked them on in the PS3 version 1f914.png.

That's what i did for the three lesser challenges and i didn't get the bronze trophy (Small Tournament trophy)

Edited by sephiroth4424

Did Hell-Burbia with the two controllers method. 

-First time: Crashed at the end of Round 1 (after defeating boss in wave 5). It didn't get me to the PS4 hub, game froze in the modifier box (grey box with lights at the start of each wave).
-Second time: Didn't crash, get the trophy Hell-Burbia succesfully. PS4 Pro, FOV 90, gibs everywhere (I didn't get cautious beacause I don't have any fire/toxic weapon) still smooth fps, only one notorious frame drop while fighting, but noting special.

I might got lucky. Hope the other two arenas are as merciful to me like this one.

Edited by SaviorMercenary
  • Like 1

Just finished. It never crashed for me. I used a Hellfire with Lilith with a bouncing corrosive betty and a class mod that increases fire damage by 56%.

I burnt everything except the burning enemies who i killed with grenades.

Two things that i found out, Guardians always leave remains when killed, no matter the way.

But every 5 waves or 1 round the bodies disappear. The same happens with normal enemies as well.

The only things that don't vanish are the parts of those midgets when they suicide.

I didn't change anything in settings.

I also decided to play entirely with my new ps4 character, didn't want to risk playing 100 waves for nothing with the imported one from ps3

20 hours ago, DanTheManGum said:

Anyone willing to dupe me a hacked weapon so I can skip rounds? This is a nightmare I’d like to be done with. 

I got mine from random people dropping them in my public session. Maybe try that? 

--

Also, can't seem to get the skip glitch to work. It's like 5-6 hours per map. I'm spent

Edited by clowve

On 24/08/2020 at 8:04 AM, sephiroth4424 said:

Sorry for the late reply, but yes if you import a character from ps3 that has finished all larger challanges and then finish one larger challenge on ps4 on the same playthrough you will get all trophys related to the larger challanges. I also used a modded weapon to insta kill each boss on wave 5, you have to shoot them with the modded weapon as soon as they appear when the curtain opens 

Just got through all 3 challenges with no crashes. Running on ps4 slim. Used Lilith but avoided phase walking cause sometimes the shock will kill them and leave the body behind. I had on tormenter class which boosted elementals by 42% and used an Incendiary smg, caustic revolver for all enemies except guardians which I popped w modded shotgun for time. The guardians leave debris behind anyway so it didn't matter corroding or burning them. Mostly ran up to enemies and let Lilith's ability kill them with the Phoenix perk. My skill points that I maxed for this was Phoenix, Mind Games, Intuition and Hit & Run (helped to speed things up a lot). Good luck to everyone else trying for these 

Just finished all three stages. Two controllers method, PS4 Pro, FOV 90, playing with Mordecai, gibs everywhere because no fire/toxic weapons. Did Hell-Burbia 2 days ago.

-The Gully: Gibs everywhere, no crashes. Did in 2 hours 20 minutes.

-The Angelic Ruins: Game froze in modifier box after the second wave of the round 5. I restarted the game and begin again. I finished after 2 hours 30 mins. Gibs everywhere but picking up the weapons at the end of each round after defeating the boss.

So if you are lucky like me you can play agressive and still don't crash the game. Like all of you I think too it mainly occurs because all the gibs, corpses and remainings in general (like bullet holes in the walls, weapons). Hope it gets fixed beacuase this DLC is a true pain. Boring, repetitive, time consuming and to make it worse crashes the game with the possibility of a save data corruption. Horrible.

• 3 weeks later...

Got through this shitty repetitive chore of a dlc in two days. Honestly, why did they bother adding this in? This dlc is only good for if you have lots of weapons or items to store away. Other than that, there is not use.

Regardless, I used the splitscreen method on my original 500GB PS4. Did Hell Burbia and The Gully yesterday in a row and Angelic Ruins today with no crashes or anything when playing. I did use a fire weapon with Lilth and I did notice that whilst using her passive ability (when killing an enemy, she is surrounded by fire) in Angelic Ruins during the later rounds, my PS4 did start making some noise but only during the horde round when I let the horde attack me since I was all fired up, Thought i'd let that burn the enemies instead of my bullets so when they did start to pile up on me, I noticed the PS4 fan getting worked up so I decided to move away from that particular area to another area and it went back to normal. Other than that, no issues at all

so my knowledge in technology isn't that high, but IF(!) we can play this game on the ps5, do you guys think it will run smoother with a lesser chance of crashing? what I mean is: would this require an additional patch or would the power of the ps5 be enough for it to run better?

I really want to have 100% in all borderland games but man... reading this thread just fills me with dread

11 minutes ago, Alaquia said:

so my knowledge in technology isn't that high, but IF(!) we can play this game on the ps5, do you guys think it will run smoother with a lesser chance of crashing? what I mean is: would this require an additional patch or would the power of the ps5 be enough for it to run better?

I really want to have 100% in all borderland games but man... reading this thread just fills me with dread

Just being on the PS5 won't help this issue at all, because it's a bug in the code that requires a patch to rectify so having better hardware won't do anything to stop the game crashing in the Underdome.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alaquia said:

There's a good chance it might run a little better on ps5 but wouldn't count on it. It would just be the ps4 version being emulated on the ps5.

I had no crashes while attempting this dlc because I read everyone's tips about round skipping, using fire/corrosive etc.

• Like 1