Crashing in Mad Moxxi's Underdome.

I guess it's safe to say this isn't getting patched at this point. Gearbox is all in on Borderlands 3. I get that...but don't just release your game in a tattered state then leave it to die. 

I still have the Large Angelic Ruins to do...it's all I need for the last 2 trophies and 100%, but I just don't want to deal with it. It's not like it's 30 minutes and you're done, it takes 2+ hours to do a single map. I need to just grit my teeth and get it over with...but it's like causing mild anxiety even thinking about it. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Viper said:

I guess it's safe to say this isn't getting patched at this point. Gearbox is all in on Borderlands 3. I get that...but don't just release your game in a tattered state then leave it to die. 

I still have the Large Angelic Ruins to do...it's all I need for the last 2 trophies and 100%, but I just don't want to deal with it. It's not like it's 30 minutes and you're done, it takes 2+ hours to do a single map. I need to just grit my teeth and get it over with...but it's like causing mild anxiety even thinking about it. 

You got this!! I'm rooting for ya

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Viper said:

I put that map on hold for over 2 months, because I was terrified of the game crashing but in the end I just gritted my teeth and got on with it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2019 at 11:51 PM, Viper said:

I’m at a point where I have two options, either do another full playthrough to get a good full level Lilith, or I’m going to start sending support requests daily lol, I’ll point out that they don’t have to fix the game itself, they just need to make the trophies unlock for finishing the lesser challenges instead or something like that, games like destiny 2 and r6 siege have done this without issue 

11 minutes ago, ShinigamiSensei- said:

Hell-Burbia and The Angelic Ruins are done...I'm a Lv.69 Siren and i'm following the tips in this thread, luckily i had no issues 'till now (vanilla PS4), wish me luck for The Gully. I want to finish this for good!

Man, this is the worst and lazyest DLC i played in my life.

Good luck you got this!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NCSFan001 said:

I’m at a point where I have two options, either do another full playthrough to get a good full level Lilith, or I’m going to start sending support requests daily lol, I’ll point out that they don’t have to fix the game itself, they just need to make the trophies unlock for finishing the lesser challenges instead or something like that, games like destiny 2 and r6 siege have done this without issue 

I feel like we've all come to the conclusion that the crashing is mostly caused by all the body parts that are left behind. If they could just do something that makes the parts fade away after a minute or two, it might dramatically change the stability of the game. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I read to this thread and a few other sources before I started this crap to get the trophies.

I've created a level 3 character on a different account to host the game to get the low level enemies.

I've joined a splitscreen game with my main account and lvl 47 hunter to kill them off.

I've completed all the 5x5 arenas to get to the tedious 20x5 ones.

I started with the angelic ruins cause I hate those the most. 5 Minutes ago I complete it, without crash cause I play the PS3 version.

Trophy drops. I go back out to call it a day. The pretty much unused account has the trophy BUT my main account where I got all the other trophies doesn't have that trophy.

WTF did I wrong?

What kind of account do I need to host so that both accounts get the trophy?

I played offline, the host account isn't used online at all, it was basic splitscreen not a public game.

I wasted so many hours-.-

57 minutes ago, Tekkenpowerslave said:

I read to this thread and a few other sources before I started this crap to get the trophies.

I've created a level 3 character on a different account to host the game to get the low level enemies.

I've joined a splitscreen game with my main account and lvl 47 hunter to kill them off.

I started with the angelic ruins cause I hate those the most. 5 Minutes ago I complete it, without crash cause I play the PS3 version.

Trophy drops. I go back out to call it a day. The pretty much unused account has the trophy BUT my main account where I got all the other trophies doesn't have that trophy.

WTF did I wrong?

I played offline, the host account isn't used online at all, it was basic splitscreen not a public game.

That's a very rare glitch which sometimes happens when using the Splitscreen exploit but there's no fix except to go through it all over again with another set of characters :(. EDIT: If you're on the PS3, then you only need 1 account since that version allows both players to access all the saves from the main account so all you need are 2 controllers.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

1 hour ago, Tekkenpowerslave said:

WTF did I wrong?

I don't remember the ps3 having this hard core issue like the PS4 does but it has been forever since I did it

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

That's a very rare glitch which sometimes happens when using the Splitscreen exploit but there's no fix except to go through it all over again with another set of characters :(. EDIT: If you're on the PS3, then you only need 1 account since that version allows both players to access all the saves from the main account so all you need are 2 controllers.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK Me!

When I press start on my second controller I never tried to choose the same account once more-.-.

I'll give this time wasting shit one more try. FFS...I have to do all the small arenas once more.

Still better than facing high level enemies on short distance without a shield while they move around at high speed.

Every time I get the low precision handicap, I use my rocket launcher.

I really hope hosting from the same account will work. I really have to say that collecting pizza slices and oil cans was a lot easier and quicker.

Thx for the reply.

Edited by Tekkenpowerslave

• 3 weeks later...

I completed The Gully challenge round yesterday via the split-screen method. I had no issues with frame rates dropping. Periodically, the bodies that didn’t burn due to fire or acid would de-spawn but it did take a few waves/rounds. Reading some of the past comments, it seemed like that was an issue. Did they update the game to de-spawn other bodies? Or did I just get lucky? I have an OG PS4, but not sure if that helps in this matter. Anyways, my observations so far. Only got two more to go.

1 minute ago, i-kicked-a-brit said:

I completed The Gully challenge round yesterday via the split-screen method. I had no issues with frame rates dropping. Periodically, the bodies that didn’t burn due to fire or acid would de-spawn but it did take a few waves/rounds. Reading some of the past comments, it seemed like that was an issue. Did they update the game to de-spawn other bodies? Or did I just get lucky? I have an OG PS4, but not sure if that helps in this matter. Anyways, my observations so far. Only got two more to go.

Nope, you just got lucky. The despawning bodies have always been in the game, it's just that they don't despawn quickly enough in the Large Arenas to stop the game from leaking memory and subsequently crashing.

• Like 1

Just now, HuntingFever said:

Nope, you just got lucky. The despawning bodies have always been in the game, it's just that they don't despawn quickly enough in the Large Arenas to stop the game from leaking memory and subsequently crashing.

Ah ok thanks for the clarification! You’d figure they would de-spawn right away like in the past games (PS1/2 for example) where this was a common issue. But I guess they want to make it authentic regarding blown-up body parts ?

15 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

So, if you burn them, you won't have issues on ps4? I'm doing this nonsense now on ps3 and the bodies are despawning at the end of each wave

11 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

So, if you burn them, you won't have issues on ps4? I'm doing this nonsense now on ps3 and the bodies are despawning at the end of each wave

The stability problems are exclusive to the PS4, thus you don't have to worry about them on any other platform. The only known workaround is to use Fire and Corrosive weapons to cremate as many enemies as possible, whilst ensuring your alt account stares at the floor for the duration.

The cause of the problem, is that the bodies either don't despawn at all or take take way too long to vanish - thus leading to a fatal memory leak which crashes the game at some random point between rounds 15 and 20.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typos.
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Ugh!! :( 

I'm completely at the end and in doubt. It always happens the same way. It crashes the game over and over again. My several hours became nothing and nothing. :(

My big wish is that this one DLC will be getting finished to 100%.

I wish there is someone who can play for me and brings it to 100%. I would definitely pay you for that. Just write me (Benjiunkix) on PS4.

11 minutes ago, Benjiunkix said:

Ugh!! :( 

I'm completely at the end and in doubt. It always happens the same way. It crashes the game over and over again. My several hours became nothing and nothing. :(

My big wish is that this one DLC will be getting finished to 100%.

I wish there is someone who can play for me and brings it to 100%. I would definitely pay you for that. Just write me (Benjiunkix) on PS4.

Did u use the tips given here to use fire or corrosion weapons?

• Like 1

Here to give my anecdote as well:

Did nothing special in the Burbs or the Gully, got through 'em fine.

Then had a crash on Angelic Ruins at Round 15 (was using rockets and Lilith's explosive skill modifier, LOTS of body bits).

Found this thread and next attempt exclusively used a Hellfire SMG, a caustic revolver, and Lilith's corrosive modifier.

Much less mess left around and finished Angelic Ruins successfully.

And now I'm gonna go forget about this DLC forever.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, FOBVendetta said:

Here to give my anecdote as well:

Did nothing special in the Burbs or the Gully, got through 'em fine.

Then had a crash on Angelic Ruins at Round 15 (was using rockets and Lilith's explosive skill modifier, LOTS of body bits).

Found this thread and next attempt exclusively used a Hellfire SMG, a caustic revolver, and Lilith's corrosive modifier.

Much less mess left around and finished Angelic Ruins successfully.

And now I'm gonna go forget about this DLC forever.

I envy you. 

• 4 weeks later...

So I recently sent a support request to gearbox not to fix the mode but instead to change the trophies to either auto pop when importing a character from the ps3 since that version worked, or to modify the trophies to unlock earlier.  Support person was nice and said they had sent it to the next level.  Not sure if it means anything will happen but would highly recommend more people to put in this kind of request to make the trophies more obtainable, especially since this problem doesn't exist on other platforms.  Otherwise a BBB request could become our only chance.