So I just started playing this game and it's hard as hell and super frustrating.

I went into it knowing it was going to be pretty tough so I've been grinding out skill points and armor which at this point I basically have all I can get and I'm still at a brick wall in chapter 2, and it'll only get harder. I really don't wanna give up already and I just wanna know if anyone has advice for tackling this game. It's super niche and I couldn't really find anything on it.

Also 30% of people on PSN have the Platinum and only 6% here which seems really strange. I'm trying to comprehend how 30% of people can complete this game on the regular PSN lists while people here apparently struggle with it. It's completely flip flopped for this game. 

• Like 1

It's a Vita game with very few owners.

You see all those profiles with every Vita game done in 40 secs? Yeah, there's a lot of them out there. What this generally means is that when a Vita game has very few owners, the trophy rarities tend to be like this.

Check out https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8575-scintillatron-4096 for example.Zero platinum achievers on this site and 54.3% rarity on PSN.

It's more of a thing with games that have come out recently, since the Vita is pretty much "dead" these days as they say.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

You see all those profiles with every Vita game done in 40 secs? Yeah, there's a lot of them out there. What this generally means is that when a Vita game has very few owners, the trophy rarities tend to be like this.

Check out https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8575-scintillatron-4096 for example.Zero platinum achievers on this site and 54.3% rarity on PSN.

It's more of a thing with games that have come out recently, since the Vita is pretty much "dead" these days as they say.

Well damn, I don't even understand why people would auto unlock like that. Well at least now I know why. I stay away from all this auto pop and trophy hack business so I know next to nothing about it.

1 hour ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

Great. I just bought this game in the sale.

Good luck ;)

It's pretty fun in the first chapter but then difficulty just hits you like a truck later. I'll keep at it for a few more hours but if I can't get anywhere I'll probably give up.

Edited by aZombieDictator

2 hours ago, IDiivil said:

this. though at 6% it's probably the grinding aspect that turns people away :(. even some games like SOA: hollow fragment has the same problem.

my honest suggestion is to try and gain more levels to make it easier if it's that type of game.

Edited by lordguwa

2 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

I'm trying to comprehend how 30% of people can complete this game on the regular PSN lists while people here apparently struggle with it. It's completely flip flopped for this game. 

Many games on Vita (and PS3 too) have strangely high completion rate, and I wonder if it's because of hacking trophies, I heard on these two consoles it was a pretty popular habit. It's hardly believable that, for example, Crypt of the NecroDancer has PSN rarity 0.6%, ten times more common than PSNP rarity. Seriously there's (at least) ten times more people with hidden profiles who had so much skill to complete this incredibly hard game? I think games like this can be a tempting target to hack and obviously PSNP removes most hackers from leaderboards and statistics.

Holy fuck this game is just too hard. Trying to replay chapter 2-1 and I still just get bodied. I wanna get farther but this is just ridiculous. 

Enemies do immense damage even with best armor, traps fill the screen in tiny environments, you can get destroyed when stunned, no invulnerability frames at all. I just don't know what I'm suppose to do.

Well lets see, I started the game not all that long ago too on chapter 5 I think....you're picking up the Zeni statues as well right? That can be one further way to up your defense, bribe the traps and lure the enemies towards them.

Since you have the strongest armour for that chapter, you may want to switch to a healing one and just run circles avoiding until the bar recharges. 

Break every enemy and shake em up for their cash too and bribe any heal guys you see too, use their special to heal you up too.

48 minutes ago, BLKChaosDragon said:

Well lets see, I started the game not all that long ago too on chapter 5 I think....you're picking up the Zeni statues as well right? That can be one further way to up your defense, bribe the traps and lure the enemies towards them.

Since you have the strongest armour for that chapter, you may want to switch to a healing one and just run circles avoiding until the bar recharges. 

Break every enemy and shake em up for their cash too and bribe any heal guys you see too, use their special to heal you up too.

Yeah I've been doing all that and I'm still struggling. And there's no healing armor available right now with good stats.

Also can't respec skillpoints yet.

I'm giving up for now but I'll try again later.

Defense is most important and attack is least important. Even on chapter 7 with max defense enemies were still hitting me 15-30 health. My armor, which could hold 50000 gold, only had 24 defense. Just crafted one with 38 I think and we'll see how it goes next time.

Bribing is definitely the way to beat the game. Most large monsters can be bribed for 4000-5000. Bribing the traps are also very helpful. Bribed stuff is how you're going to deal most of your damage. If an enemy is giving you too much trouble just bribe him.

Later stages have about 6 Zenigami statues per stage. 6 skill points + all the ones you could make by crafting them makes the points really rack up. Later on you get a second playable character but the two characters share the pool of skill points but not stats so I just ignored the second character.

You can refund all your skill points for 10000 gold I believe.

Ranks do not matter as far as I can tell.

3 hours ago, MandA60VISE said:

Defense is most important and attack is least important. Even on chapter 7 with max defense enemies were still hitting me 15-30 health. My armor, which could hold 50000 gold, only had 24 defense. Just crafted one with 38 I think and we'll see how it goes next time.

Bribing is definitely the way to beat the game. Most large monsters can be bribed for 4000-5000. Bribing the traps are also very helpful. Bribed stuff is how you're going to deal most of your damage. If an enemy is giving you too much trouble just bribe him.

Later stages have about 6 Zenigami statues per stage. 6 skill points + all the ones you could make by crafting them makes the points really rack up. Later on you get a second playable character but the two characters share the pool of skill points but not stats so I just ignored the second character.

You can refund all your skill points for 10000 gold I believe.

Ranks do not matter as far as I can tell.

So basically just bulk up defense?

4 hours ago, LordBilbanes said:

I was just watching the trailer for this game on Amazon.  I don't give a fuck if I never plat this game.  I must buy it!  

Glad to see someone want it :P

On 4/26/2019 at 5:23 PM, Spinosaurus Rex said:

Many games on Vita (and PS3 too) have strangely high completion rate, and I wonder if it's because of hacking trophies, I heard on these two consoles it was a pretty popular habit. 

Yes, PS3 and Vita are rampant with trophy hackers. Doubt you'll find many for PS4 though, since jailbroken PS4s can't go online. But there have been a couple users on this forum who proved PS4 trophy hacking does exist, even if it's not as far along as PS3. 

• Like 1

I'm now at mission 4 of chapter 8 (final chapter I believe). The highest defense a piece of armor has is 33 so far and coupled with max defense via skill points only large monsters and the slimes are hurting 30+. Some dragons and suits of armor are hurting around 10-15 and traps range from 1-15. Most small monsters hurt less than 10. I have all Zenigami statues from previous stages and no clue how many I've built. The Princess is nearly maxed out in all her stats and only has two abilities left to learn while Isabel (or whatever he name was) hasn't even been touched. You also seem to stop getting new armor and statues to build around chapter 6 but still have chests to collect.

The biggest grind will probably be 10 million gold (hoping it's cumulative and not all at once), all statues built, and 1000 citizens.

• 3 years later...