The Last of Us, One of the Best game ever made! Share the love, update, Left behind!

TwilightSpira

I have still yet to play this game and i got it on launch with a season pass. Everytime i want to play it another game trumps it for me... I will play this very soon though

play it guys, it will be a experience like no other =)

I have yet to play The Last of Us. I have the demo (that came with God of War Ascension) and I've been playing the hell out of it. I'll without a doubt  pick it up with my Christmas money in early January. 

Happy to hear that =)

• 3 weeks later...

While I wouldn't go quite as far as "Best Ever" I would say it's in my top five all-time for sure.  The cutscenes are better than most movies these days and it does a good job of trying to make you feel desperate against mobs of nasty mutants.  About halfway through my first survivor run, dealing with the loss of hearing isn't so bad but not having ANY parts to craft stuff is a bit of a drag.  Naughty Dog needs to stop with the Uncharted series and focus on more stuff like this.

Agreed.  This is the best game EVER made, and I've been playing games since the 80s.  Whenever I read people claiming that this game is overrated or not that great, I just roll my eyes and move on.  It's not since RDR ending that I was so emotionally involved with the characters.  The game's a true masterpiece.  If you didn't tear up during this scene, I really have nothing else to say to you:

Edited by Eternal21

Yup TLoU is by far the best game ever created...TLoU took "game" to a whole another level...the immersion in this game is something really phenomenal.

Naughty Dog is the best team of devs out there along with St.Monica.Its really impressive what you can achieve with a group of talented people.

Probably is the best complete package put together.

sure, there are games out there with better PARTS, gameplay/graphics/art design/multiplayer etc. But I really do think that if you compare any other last gen game to The Last of Us, even if one part is better, TLoU will probably still win overall.

eg.

For me, this generation:

Best Graphics: God of War 3

Best Art: Bioshock

Best Story: The Walking Dead

Best Moment: Bioshock Infinite (Rapture)

Best Replayability: Lumines

Best Multiplayer: Trine

Best Combat: Syndicate

Best World: Red Dead Redemption

Best Immersion: Dark Souls

Best Sense of Dread: Demons Souls

Best Characters: Uncharted 3

Note that The Last of Us doesn't win any individual category, however,

Best Overall Game: The Last of Us (nothing can compete across the board)

anyways, thats my 2 cents!

sure, there are games out there with better PARTS, gameplay/graphics/art design/multiplayer etc. But I really do think that if you compare any other last gen game to The Last of Us, even if one part is better, TLoU will probably still win overall.

eg.

For me, this generation:

I would say Crysis 3 had better graphics then GOW 3, hell even BF3.

TLoU graphics were great as well, on GOW3s level as well.

TWD has always been overrated to me :P

But i like your choices, could be good for a awards show or something :)

• Like 1

I'm so happy that a lot of you guys share the same love with this game. And I'm really honored that my first topic was about the last of us and had this response, thank you all.

eg.

For me, this generation:

I agree with a lot of your choices. The walking dead actually made me shed a tear

I'm loving season 2 so far.

Bioshock for me is the best game this generation only behind the last of us. And infinite is high up there with TlofU.

Beyond Two souls falls in the category has a best game with Last Of Us (my opinion)

the game is amazing... you feel sorry for Jodie in the game and start to feel what she feels in the game  and the original sound tracks make it more suspenseful and how they switch according to what decision you take amazing...

I agree with BIoShock Infinite oh man the surprises won't stop coming  you have to replay it or google it to understand it or get a clue by far a good game too 

also i like remember me the artwork is amazing and the OST make the game even better to play short yeah but love it 

• Like 1

I posted in the the first post :)

Beyond Two souls falls in the category has a best game with Last Of Us (my opinion)

the game is amazing... you feel sorry for Jodie in the game and start to feel what she feels in the game  and the original sound tracks make it more suspenseful and how they switch according to what decision you take amazing...

I agree with BIoShock Infinite oh man the surprises won't stop coming  you have to replay it or google it to understand it or get a clue by far a good game too 

also i like remember me the artwork is amazing and the OST make the game even better to play short yeah but love it

Those 3 games were my top 3 of 2013

:)