Mata Hari Manners (30 Spy Drones) - Tips & Advise

PhantomFear94

On Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at 3:43 AM, Rio__HUN said:

Drones:

Careful with the powerpyx guide. I've checked every area and i've found on a different spot in a mentioned location. So the screenshot is not useful at all. Actually it can be everywhere.

Oh i agree. Didnt find any in the spot that he had marked. But ive just been driving to every location and clearing the area. If the sensor is still on i save the game. Then i look for the drone. It may take longer that way but grinding the kills along the way may not seem to bad. Great game and im having alot of fun with it

20 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

Where is the sensor perk? I just started the game and I assume it's in projects from some npc? 

You need Kvasir skill tree.

• Spy Drone Tracking - detects the position of enemy drones.

23 hours ago, Hanzoadam said:

Most I've met have disappeared before I got them, but I will keep it in mind now to restart checkpoint if i miss it.

I had the same issue! This worked for me:

• Upgrade your Weapon Damage at the augmentation clinic a few times.
  • Upgrade your assault rifle as much as possible so it at least has faster rate of fire
  • Find the drone and move your aiming reticule near it enough so it doesn't get spooked and fly off (when it's little blue light goes red, then you know you are aiming too near) but close enough that when you start shooting you maximize the amount of time it takes bullets before it zooms off.
  • Put yourself into Overdrive and move your target reticule onto the Drone, but start shooting just before you center on it

The other tip would be:

• When they get spooked and fly off, they only fly off in the same direction. So you could intentionally spook them to understand their direction. Then reload an autosave, so if/when they fly off again, you know which direction to move your firing trajectory.
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

• Upgrade your assault rifle as much as possible so it at least has faster rate of fire
  • Find the drone and move your aiming reticule near it enough so it doesn't get spooked and fly off (when it's little blue light goes red, then you know you are aiming too near) but close enough that when you start shooting you maximize the amount of time it takes bullets before it zooms off.
  • Put yourself into Overdrive and move your target reticule onto the Drone, but start shooting just before you center on it

I used the rocket launcher.   When I knew I was in an area with one(via sound or the tracker) I made sure to be looking sort of down, so I didn't accidentally look at it.   Once I kinda knew where it was I would walk away so the tracker was only showing 2 or 3 bars, then aim and shoot at the drone.  From that distance they didn't seem to ever try and fly away.

There was a couple where I couldn't get a good angle from that distance so I got closer and they tried to fly away, then I just switched to the rifle and got them as they were flying away and reloaded my save if I missed.

2 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

The other tip would be:

• When they get spooked and fly off, they only fly off in the same direction. So you could intentionally spook them to understand their direction. Then reload an autosave, so if/when they fly off again, you know which direction to move your firing trajectory.

Rocket launcher works wonders.  I've destroyed every one on first try once I started using it.  

I aim close enough that I can just R2 quickfire a rocket with minimal aim adjustment at their spot and it seems to hit close enough to them before they get alerted and flee.  Just shift your aim onto them and fire at the same time.  Don't use lock on, it doesn't seem to work.

17 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

Rocket launcher works wonders.  I've destroyed every one on first try once I started using it.  

I aim close enough that I can just R2 quickfire a rocket with minimal aim adjustment at their spot and it seems to hit close enough to them before they get alerted and flee.  Just shift your aim onto them and fire at the same time.  Don't use lock on, it doesn't seem to work.

2 hours ago, DoctorBaofu said:

I used the rocket launcher.   When I knew I was in an area with one(via sound or the tracker) I made sure to be looking sort of down, so I didn't accidentally look at it.   Once I kinda knew where it was I would walk away so the tracker was only showing 2 or 3 bars, then aim and shoot at the drone.  From that distance they didn't seem to ever try and fly away.

There was a couple where I couldn't get a good angle from that distance so I got closer and they tried to fly away, then I just switched to the rifle and got them as they were flying away and reloaded my save if I missed.

I never even thought of trying the rocket launcher, good tip! 

2 hours ago, Rio__HUN said:

Forget the guide. Just go each location and listen. It makes a unique buzzling noise and it's loud enough. 

Which is something I mention in the guide....

On 5/20/2019 at 9:40 AM, phantomfear9494 said:

- The sound of drones is a dead giveaway. This is a big one. You can (usually) hear drones throughout the entire location you're in. By the time I did my last 10 or so drones, I knew there was one as soon as I entered the location, so I just sprinted through on easy, destroyed it, and moved on. If you can't hear any form of buzz when you arrive at a location, there is a pretty good chance there isn't a drone. The exceptions to this are super large bandit dens (e.g. Doomsayer Peak in Twisting Canyons), its worth searching in this case. If you are deaf or hearing impaired, this is still very possible with the sensors, so don't worry too much, this is just helpful to do if you can. 

i used thencharging pulse rifle. hold a full charge and then aim and fire and it will one shot the drone. then you don't have to worry about using shit weapons while it flies around.

glad im done with this. not happy i grabbed deluxe edition. most likely trading it in. 

17 hours ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

i used thencharging pulse rifle. hold a full charge and then aim and fire and it will one shot the drone. then you don't have to worry about using shit weapons while it flies around.

glad im done with this. not happy i grabbed deluxe edition. most likely trading it in. 

You can actually easily snipe them this way.  Just get far enough back and they won't see you.  Then aim a little above the blue part of them and fire a charged shot.  Avoid having to chase them if they try to flee.

5 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

You can actually easily snipe them this way.  Just get far enough back and they won't see you.  Then aim a little above the blue part of them and fire a charged shot.  Avoid having to chase them if they try to flee.

yeah exactly.  thats how i did it 

Popped at 29 for me, but I could've sworn I had got one more than I had.  Thought I had 28 when I got #29, but Intel only said 28.  Went back to a slightly older save to check, but it was at 27 after the one I thought was 28.  They are definitely buggy.  I'd say I'm glad it popped at 29, but it still took me over 2 hours to find the last 2.

8 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Popped at 29 for me, but I could've sworn I had got one more than I had.  Thought I had 28 when I got #29, but Intel only said 28.  Went back to a slightly older save to check, but it was at 27 after the one I thought was 28.  They are definitely buggy.  I'd say I'm glad it popped at 29, but it still took me over 2 hours to find the last 2.

Had the exact same thing. Even took me the same amount of time to find the last 2 haha.

Turns out there was still some events that I hadn't discovered, mainly exploration sites, which aren't even on any of the internet maps.

19 hours ago, StealthID said:

Had the exact same thing. Even took me the same amount of time to find the last 2 haha.

Turns out there was still some events that I hadn't discovered, mainly exploration sites, which aren't even on any of the internet maps.

I went back to the save where it first seemed to bug out and discovered that if you do not make a manual save after triggering any autosave, once you've destroyed a drone, it can bug out upon fast traveling.

I tested it once I got my 29th the second time and upon the fastravel loading me in Wellspring it said I only had 28 in intel, and the one I destroyed was nowhere to be found.  I even checked before traveling to make sure it said 29.  I eneded up with 32 in intel on that save and suspect that the last 2 might have bugged out, because I spent too much time between last night and today trying to find the last 2.  If the intel numbers are correct and there are 34 total.  

Hopefully they'll patch this issue, I would like to have everything completed 100%. 

That could cause people some issues tracking using intel.

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck this trophy. This is gonna take forever. 

I can confirm that finding a drone and killing it, then reloading save, then killing the same drone over does NOT work, even though the statistics counts it. 

My stats currently sit at 47 drones destroyed and no trophy. You need 30 drone Intel pieces in your log. 

This feels like mein leben all over again in terms of bitchfuckery 

On 6/11/2019 at 10:10 AM, nikolistary said:

Fuck this trophy. This is gonna take forever. 

I can confirm that finding a drone and killing it, then reloading save, then killing the same drone over does NOT work, even though the statistics counts it. 

My stats currently sit at 47 drones destroyed and no trophy. You need 30 drone Intel pieces in your log. 

This feels like mein leben all over again in terms of bitchfuckery 

It's nowhere near that bad lol.  It sucks that it's a wild goose chase, but with the icarus and the upgrade that helps pinpoint their location it's really not that bad.  I had fun with it, clearing out camps and such.

On 6/13/2019 at 9:40 AM, Snake2410 said:

It's nowhere near that bad lol.  It sucks that it's a wild goose chase, but with the icarus and the upgrade that helps pinpoint their location it's really not that bad.  I had fun with it, clearing out camps and such.

FINALLY GOT IT. 

Wow, I was on edge for the last few days. I read way too many people's comments on YouTube where they were saying the trophy is glitched/trophy not popping after 30, 40+ drones being taken out. Was not loving the idea of starting a second playthrough as you have to do so much shit to re-equip your weapons and tools. I was super nervous too since I botched my drone stats (81 drones destroyed lol) when I tried farming and reloading saves. Thankfully, I put off the final mission (Project Dagger) and started grinding for this trophy. Now I can finish the game and get a nice tasty platinum when I roll credits :)

***ABSOLUTELY FOLLOW POWERPYX'S DRONE GUIDE***

I had killed only 2 or 3 drones before rolling up my sleeves and this guide was INVALUABLE. It would have taken 50x longer without it. No matter how much you've done, the best method is to use the guide starting from #1. TURN OFF THE MUSIC. Use the Icarus vehicle. Keep your distance. I used a Rocket Launcher all the way. Try to look downward with your aiming, do not make direct eye contact with it. If you have 2 bars or less on your signal you CAN make eye contact with it and easily lob a missle right at it. Make sure you've got your drone tracker mod. Go from #1 and just work downward, try to enjoy the hunt. I did this way. Obviously you'll find a lot of spots without a drone but don't get discouraged. By the time you make it down the list to Sekreto Wetlands you'll get it, I promise!

Edited by nikolistary