Haven't played this is ages, should I start over?

Haven't touched this game since it came out, and I'm planning to jump back into it after finishing Sekiro. But going back to a game like this having gone through so many mechanics I pretty much forgot already sounds like a bitch. Is it worth it? Are the mechanics the game teaches you early easy to jump back into? or I mind as well start over and remember everything again?

I’ve never played the game, but it really depends on how far you are into it.

If you’re only a couple of hours in, I’d say yes, restart the game. Whenever I restart a game I haven’t played in a while, I feel like I’m a stranger playing on someone else’s save file with all of their gear. I don’t know if you feel the same way, but for me to be really comfortable with a game I start over if I haven’t played in ages (and if I haven’t dumped 1500 hours into it already).

Also, depends on how much time you have to play. If it’s very limited, I’d say continue where you’re at. If you have hours and hours everyday, restarting won’t be as big of a deal.

• Like 2

I'm actually relatively in the same boat as you. I haven't played the game in months and I'm going to return to it at some point in the near future (at least that's the idea).

What I typically do when I return to a game after being away from it for some time is I just continue from where I left off and proceed slowly to allow the buttons and/or mechanics to come slowly back to me.

But I do remember RDR 2 having quite a lot of concepts and mechanics to understand. So I personally, when I do finally return to the game, will probably make sure I have a recent save created, screw around until I feel like I at least know most of what I'm doing, then load up the save, and proceed to continue on in the game as normal. Think of it as a self-directed tutorial lol.

Edited by Shinobi

Controller mechanics ain't really much about them and with a couple of minutes you should know how to do basically everything ( another story would be habits of other games on what does each input memory ), another thing is that if you get back on story and have no clue what where you supposed to go. But counting the missions appear on the map you shouldn't have many issues.

So I would say there shouldn't be any new to start over, since the mechanics you surely will get them back in the first minutes of playing again.

Just continue from where you left off. Personally don't think RDR 2 is that complex of a game and you quickly get the hang of it. I took massive breaks playing Persona 5 and I managed to relearn everything every single time. Think that game is a lot more complex as compared to rdr 2

Speaking as somebody who recently picked this game back up three weeks ago having temporarily stopped the day Smash Bros. came out (December 7th), I think you will do fine. It will literally take you all of 10 minutes to pick the game mechanics back up. You'd be surprised how much your memory retains when it comes to this stuff ?

Have fun.