Labyrinth Life censored.

Willreaper41

On 6/1/2019 at 6:55 PM, Paul said:

Sony shouldn't be obligated to act as a corporate parent, dictating what consumers can or cannot play. If said game meets ESRB requirements, then why should it be censored on PS4? Many people don't seem to acknowledge that this censorship policy will affect AAA titles in the near future. 

The erosion of civil liberties is something to be guarded against not because of the perception of an immediate threat, but because you won't recognize the value of those liberties until you have been deprived of them and discover you have no recourse. 

While I agree with you that Sony isn't obligated to act as a corporate parent I have to say you're on a wrong tangent talking about civil liberties here. The PS4 is Sony's platform and they can dictate the content on it as they wish as it is their right. Your civil liberties are not being infringed here as you are by no means obligated to use your PS4 to digest this content, you have freedom of association here. Your civil liberties are not being infringed upon, that's a poor comparison as only the government can infringe on those.

5 hours ago, gameoverDude189 said:

The PS4 already has parental controls, which IMO makes Sony's censorship needless. They should just let the parents do their job keeping track of what their children play, rather than breaking it for everyone.

What if Sony starts censoring violence someday & it goes like this: MK12 is coming out on Xbox Scarlett, Switch 2, & PC... but the PS5 version is scrapped. Or there's yet another CoD Modern Warfare installment but it gets toned way the hell down- say it would have a "No Russian" type scenario on the other systems but that would get taken totally out of the PS5 one, with violence generally reduced in the entire game so it gets a T. I don't ever want to see a T rating on a new Call of Duty or Battlefield game.

Maybe Sony's PS division should've gone to Washington (where Nintendo of America is) rather than California.

The policy is entirely political since it's largely based on #Metoo and idiotic crying journalists, children were just used as an excuse. Washington is just as bad as California in a lot of regards, the west coast in general is cancer, unless you live in Arizona, but Nintendo of America is smart enough to leave things be if the ESRB approves.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, majob said:

The policy is entirely political since it's largely based on #Metoo and idiotic crying journalists, children were just used as an excuse. Washington is just as bad as California in a lot of regards, the west coast in general is cancer, unless you live in Arizona, but Nintendo of America is smart enough to leave things be if the ESRB approves.

You can't please everybody... who is more important? Not these journalists. They deserve to be ignored. Sony should return to thinking of the 3rd party developers & the customers first. Couldn't Sony strike back at the journalists by not supporting their employers with ads for PlayStation consoles & games, Sony Pictures movies, etc.?

I am proud of Nintendo & Xbox for having the guts not to cave in.

20 hours ago, Dr_Shaneman said:

kids racking up bills on their credit cards for DLC purchases.

That may well be the parents' fault for not taking the right security precautions. Really, they should know they can set child account spending limits to zero, while allowing purchases only from the master (adult) account & requiring a password at checkout time (while not making the password something like a pet's name).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Perhaps it's only a matter of time? What will you do if the other 2 cave in?

That is a good question. I sure hope it doesn't come to that.
Worst case, let's say that did happen. Then I might go PC all the way. The $500 I would spend for a console like PS5 or Xbox Scarlett could just as easily go towards a video card from Nvidia's next generation, which I guess would be called RTX 2180 Ti.

On 6/1/2019 at 11:24 AM, Willreaper41 said:

I really wanted to try this game... for science!

On 6/1/2019 at 1:21 PM, Walt the Dog said:

Personally, I'm not really one for lewd minigames and the like and while I don't like censorship, I'm not going to skip over a product just because of it (that I have both Mugen Souls games as well as Criminal Girls on my profile attests to this), so I'm considering getting the PS4 version, especially since I hardly ever use the Switch and the recent censorship debacle hasn't really convinced me to switch sides (no pun intended).

I'm not a fan of the lewd aspects of the games I play. They usually don't or detract from the experience in any meaningful way for me. I don't enjoy seeing games getting censored just because they're a little/extremely lewd. I was going to Switch over for Pokemon anyway but I think I'll buy my somewhat sexy anime games on switch until Sony decides to get use their brain and stop with their censorship nonsense.  

• Like 1

On 6/3/2019 at 0:13 AM, gameoverDude189 said:

The PS4 already has parental controls, which IMO makes Sony's censorship needless. They should just let the parents do their job keeping track of what their children play, rather than breaking it for everyone.

On 6/4/2019 at 1:38 AM, gameoverDude189 said:

That may well be the parents' fault for not taking the right security precautions. Really, they should know they can set child account spending limits to zero, while allowing purchases only from the master (adult) account & requiring a password at checkout time (while not making the password something like a pet's name).

Parents are typically too lazy or just don't care enough to actually parent their children. They usually don't do anything to prevent their children from playing the violent games or spending all their hard earned money on V-Bucks and loot boxes; if/when that happens, they blame the company that made the console and/or the company involved for their own inability to be a decent parent.

On 6/4/2019 at 1:38 AM, gameoverDude189 said:

You can't please everybody... who is more important?

I don't believe the majority of gamers (the casual fans and more hardcore game fans that don't like anime games) and 97% of children care about these types of games or are aware  they exist. Given the choice between a adorable anime-ish game or manly man gun shootey game, I think they would pick the gun shootey game or anything besides the nice colorful anime game. Censoring a game isn't going to make games sell more copies because the only the only people that care about the games Sony censored, are pissed off and switching to Nintendo.

• Like 3

On 04/06/2019 at 6:38 AM, RadiantFlamberge said:

Of course, but when they go on those consumer advice shows they always say it's the companies fault.Everyone always sides with pleading povrty parents.

I just do not support censorship in any way, shape or form. People need to take responsibility for their actions and stop playing the victim as pointed out by Dr_Shaneman. I see that Akiba's Trip is is being remastered to PS4 and I have a feeling that it will get censored as well.

Why not let the developer release the game they want to release. Part of me wants to get a Switch but that comes with its own issues.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Dr_Shaneman said:

Wht issues? Been debating myself for some time now.

my main issue with the switch is that you cannot back up your save data. You spend hundreds of hours on a game you want to know your save data is save. Plus I would have to get a different controller, i just wish more companies would use the Dual Shock style. I am not a fan of the off-set analog sticks either and at the moment the biggest issue is not enough games that I would purchase to make it worth the money.