Year 3 Expansion Leak

XileLerinril

https://www.resetera.com/threads/destiny-2-shadowkeep-leaked-year-3-expansion.120847/

Nothing official, but it looks believable. Seems Destiny will be getting another big expansion like Forsaken, and not another year of mini dlc like we have had. Mentions a physical release as well, lending credibility to the idea that this is a big one. If they do like they did in D1 then you can expect more trophies as well. Figured I would put this out there for anyone who has not played yet and is thinking about it. 

Hopefully this is true because I'm waiting to play the game and I'm only going to do it once to get all trophies. I really dislike re-grinding to max level, done that too many times in D1. I'm not a fan of live service games.

Guess we are getting the confirmation on the 6th's stream.

Oh god, please no more trophies for D2. Getting 100% in Forsaken took an ungodly amount of time. The annual pass model pretty much killed the game for me, and I was ready to be done with Destiny until D3. Going back after not having played since Season of the Forge is gonna be super painful.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

Oh god, please no more trophies for D2. Getting 100% in Forsaken took an ungodly amount of time. The annual pass model pretty much killed the game for me, and I was ready to be done with Destiny until D3. Going back after not having played since Season of the Forge is gonna be super painful.

That's where I am now. I never really got into the forges. I did the raid a couple of times and just kinda got tired of it. Now I am debating on rather or not to jump back in now so I am prepared when this comes out, or to just wait till then and see what's what. Hopefully they don't have another triumph seal style grind. That was like 3 months of tedium, just doing the same shit over and over. 

31 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

Oh god, please no more trophies for D2.

It was pretty clear that D2 would get at least 2 major expansions similar to D1 ?

But hey...only have to wait about 3 months after release before a "complete complete expansion pass" that will include this damn forsaken goes on sale.

19 hours ago, Sydoki said:

It was pretty clear that D2 would get at least 2 major expansions similar to D1 1f914.png

I think they said they were abandoning D1-style expansions when they announced the annual pass. And since none of the seasonal content added new trophies, I was hoping they were done.

The questions is, are they going back to the big expansion model or is "Shadowkeep" just another (paid) introduction to a new (paid) annual pass. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, black__bunny said:

If I play the digital base version from PS+ would my progress be recognised if I later bought a physical copy with all the dlc on it?

Yes, it will be. You can buy a complete edition and it will recognize it; at least, that’s how D1 worked for me.