Free PS+ PS3/PSN games that got delisted are now full own?

Richtoon

I have re-downloaded The Simpsons Arcade Game into my PS3. This game got delisted from PSN store years ago and I got it for free through PS+ membership.

After I have downloaded it, I checked game information and it never showing start date and how many days left until it expires. Trophies is working and I’m very surprised that this game online is still working!!! 

So I tried playing game offline with different account and it still showing as full game. Not demo or got locked and asked me to go on PSN store to buy the game.

I’m wondering if all games we downloaded for free by PS+ that got delisted from PSN store are now full own?! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Darkette said:

Yeah it’s always been like that, it’s considered a purchase so you’ll always have access to it on that account regardless of whether it’s been delisted.

I think you're talking about different things, PS+ games that got delisted are supposed to stay as PS+ games regardless of delistings.

• Like 1

No, you still need PS+ to even see any PS+ game on your Download List, as they automatically "disappear" when subscription expires. Sometimes when you renew the subscription, they move to the top of the list. Perhaps that Simpson game license got glitched or something. Many years ago, i lost LIMBO, had to ask the support to get it back, and they gave it to me, but it was no longer tied to PS+.

Edited by Lance_87

6 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

No, you still need PS+ to even see any PS+ game on your Download List, as they automatically "disappear" when subscription expires. Sometimes when you renew the subscription, they move to the top of the list. Perhaps that Simpson game license got glitched or something. Many years ago, i lost LIMBO, had to ask the support to get it back, and they gave it to me, but it was no longer tied to PS+.

Limbo isn’t delisted game so it’s still working with PS+

3 minutes ago, Richtoon said:

Limbo isn’t delisted game so it’s still working with PS+

It doesn't matter. Delisting has nothing to do with being tied/untied to PS+ or with server shutdowns. That's why you can still play that game online. When a game is delisted, it is still downloadable. It is VERY rare to see downloadable games completely removed from download on PSN. Again, maybe your license got glitched and now the game is permanently yours, have you tried other delisted PS+ games?

Edited by Lance_87

9 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Sometimes games will become a full purchase instead of by subscription. I think Helldivers and Oddworld New And Tasty have gone through this, but might just be an issue with PS+ and CrossBuy.

Yeah sometimes PS+ games could become full purchases because of cross-buy bundles lol. I got Resogun for PS3 and Vita through that method, and the PS4 version became mine, too (i got it through PS+)

45 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Sometimes games will become a full purchase instead of by subscription. I think Helldivers and Oddworld New And Tasty have gone through this, but might just be an issue with PS+ and CrossBuy.

34 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Yeah sometimes PS+ games could become full purchases because of cross-buy bundles lol. I got Resogun for PS3 and Vita through that method, and the PS4 version became mine, too (i got it through PS+)

Hotline Miami, Resogun, Woah Dave!, Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty, Don't Starve: Giant Edition, Teslagrad, TowerFall Ascension, Doki-Doki Universe are PS+ games that later went Cross-Buy.

If you purchase the new version, usually Vita version, both the originally PS+ version and Cross-Buy version is yours forever. No charge.

I've been PS+ member since 07/2013 so before that I don't know if the are more examples of games.

The one PS+ game I know for certain has been delisted, Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition, is NOT mine forever just because it's delisted. It's still just a PS+ game that get's renewed and moved to the top of my downloadlist every year my PS+ subscription renews.

Maybe The Simpsons Arcade Game is unique in this way. I don't know. It must have been on plus before I became a member.

2 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

What? This thread is about games that were on PS Plus. It's cross on PS3 & Vita

As Lance mentioned earlier it was probably an EU thing because when I bought Jak And Daxter for the PS3 I did not receive the Vita version as well. I had to buy that separately.

47 minutes ago, majob said:

As Lance mentioned earlier it was probably an EU thing because when I bought Jak And Daxter for the PS3 I did not receive the Vita version as well. I had to buy that separately.

It wasn't available as cross buy at first but was when it came to Vita