NBA 2K19 95% discount

darkjjda

I imagine 2K makes most of its profits from whales at this point in 2k19's timeline, so it makes sense to basically give away the game hoping to snag a few more card-pack-addicts (or whatever the equivalent of card packs is for these games).

Not really doing us as consumers a favour as much as just fishing for more poor saps to reel in (and repeat the process with once 2K20 comes out).

• Like 2

Just checked the trophy list and it's another 0,02%, so i'm just guessing this is another one of those garbage 500$+ microtransaction platinums they usually do.

Spare me the "but you can get the platinum without buying microtransactions with enough time invested" who the fuck would even grind that much? No one will.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Potent_Delusions said:

0 interest in the game because it's trash, but it's still the best pricing deal i've ever seen on any store. 

Naw, you're just trash in it LOL  @TheYuriG naw.  You're going to grind, regardless.  It's a 1000 hour :platinum: game anyway

Edited by grimydawg
  • Like 2

I mean, 2K makes all their money off this game from MTX (because 60 USD isn’t enough. I’m just surprised Borderlands 3 won’t have this bullshit, or so Randy Dandy says...) however I highly doubt this price was intentional and that it was just left unnoticed. They might as well give it away as a two month bonus for PS Plus members (as NBA 2K16 was offered three years ago).

Edited by Skeptical69

Just now, TheYuriG said:

Maxing out all badges takes 1000 hours? Because the rest looks either doable within 100h or micro transaction based.

No, maxing out all badges varies, depending on what kind of player you create.  I'm talking about the total doing everything in the game.  Maxing out badges don't take that long.

1 minute ago, grimydawg said:

No, maxing out all badges varies, depending on what kind of player you create.  I'm talking about the total doing everything in the game.  Maxing out badges don't take that long.

What specifically bumps this game to 1000h? At a quick glance, nothing seems to stand out as majorly time consuming.

30 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

Naw, you're just trash in it LOL  @TheYuriG naw.  You're going to grind, regardless.  It's a 1000 hour :platinum: game anyway

How can I be trash in it when i've never played it? You were trash at BO3 zombies, i'd probably be trash at this. That's hardly the sole possible reason someone doesn't like a game or series:

2K are a trash company, the games are the same thing year in, year out with a few new jerseys and a new mode. The games encourage hundreds of $s of real money spent to get the platinum which is a scummy business practice. People spend 100s of $s to get a good team only for the servers to shut 2 years after launch. But I don't need to tell you this since you're more than familiar with the series. 

Edited by Potent_Delusions
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

What specifically bumps this game to 1000h? At a quick glance, nothing seems to stand out as majorly time consuming.

You have to make your player to be rate of at least 91 to do certain trophies.  Also, maxing out badges and making your player rookie of year and all-star takes 150-200 hours.

The MyTeam relates stuff will take another few hundred hours in order to collect 2500 cards (G.O.A.T :silver: ) and all other trophies pertaining to MyTeam.  You also have to go for Perfection :gold: which will likely take at least 100 games to do.  A whole game takes at least 1/2 hour.  That's at least 50 hours for that.  This game isn't quite as long as last year, but it will still take hundreds of hours to do.  It's probably in the 500-750 hour range IMO.  You're also going to need to spend some cash on the packs, too.  You're familiar with games like Madden on FIFA for their Ultimate Team modes? MyTeam is similar.  You know YouTube folks for those games easily spend 5, even $10K on that mode alone and the good cards aren't even guaranteed.

I hardly even play BO3 zombies or the game at all LMAO @Potent_Delusions NBA 2K19 is much better than last year.  They don't play the same.  The games don't encourage for folks to spend money on the :platinum: at all.  You know folks on YouTube spend $10K+/yr just for games like FIFA and Madden Ultimate Team, right?  I can play BO3 (or any other shooter) and be competent.  Just have to spend actual time on it.  

Edited by grimydawg

2 hours ago, darkjjda said:

so i was on the ps store when i saw this 
https://store.playstation.com/es-mx/product/UP1001-CUSA12476_00-NBA2K19000000000

This must be an error so buy it before they fix it

Edit: not an error but it's a pretty good deal though

Thanks, just picked it up. 

Haven't done an nba plat for a couple of years. Maybe it's time again. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

I hardly even play BO3 zombies or the game at all LMAO @Potent_Delusions NBA 2K19 is much better than last year.  They don't play the same.  The games don't encourage for folks to spend money on the :platinum: at all.  You know folks on YouTube spend $10K+/yr just for games like FIFA and Madden Ultimate Team, right?  I can play BO3 (or any other shooter) and be competent.  Just have to spend actual time on it.  

I know you can, I don't doubt it, I could do the same with NBA 2K. I'm just saying: I haven't even played NBA 2K19 so I can't be trash at it.

And didn't everyone who platinumed NBA 2K14 and 2K15 ps4 spend thousands of dollars to get all the MyTEAM cards? Multiple people spent thousands of dollars on it since the MT earn rate was nerfed into the ground.

About time they made these games (almost) free to play with all the microtransactions in them ;)

If it were 95% off I would probably get it because I liked the free preludes lately and do not care about getting the platinum in these type of games anyway. Alas it's still 19,99 in the Dutch store though.

2 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

I know you can, I don't doubt it, I could do the same with NBA 2K. I'm just saying: I haven't even played NBA 2K19 so I can't be trash at it.

And didn't everyone who platinumed NBA 2K14 and 2K15 ps4 spend thousands of dollars to get all the MyTEAM cards? Multiple people spent thousands of dollars on it since the MT earn rate was nerfed into the ground.

Don't do it.  That was NBA 2K15.  The MT wasn't nerfed.  The exploit was patched in it.  I certainly did that exploit and that saved me a lot.  These games are actually fun to play casually.  Definitely wouldn't recommend these games, unless you love the games and/or you're committed in the long run.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

Don't do it.  That was NBA 2K15.  The MT wasn't nerfed.  The exploit was patched in it.  I certainly did that exploit and that saved me a lot.  These games are actually fun to play casually.  Definitely wouldn't recommend these games, unless you love the games and/or you're committed in the long run.

Absolutely, couldn't agree more. These platinums are only realistic for big fans of the sport. 

Edited by Potent_Delusions