Is it true you can't share DLC between Sub Accounts?

Kishnabe

I've found at least some Codemasters DLC only works for the person who bought it (Dirt 3 and Showdown for sure....maybe Grid 2 and autosport?...but I can't recall 100% on those) I haven't come across any others. 

Edit: I've never tried on PS4 though.

Edited by Floorkiller74

27 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

The only stuff that doesn't carry across are microtransactions that are purchased within games or cross-region DLC.

Depends on the Microtransactions though. If they are linked to a particular save then they won't work. If it's consumables then yes they won't work.

I guess it also depends on the DLC too. DLC and microtransactions are becoming very similiar these days.

The rule of thumb is that, if you can download it seperately from the store and install on your main account then it should be accessible on your other account that is on your Playstation. 100% doesn't work on Vita.

"Master Accounts"*

You can share games and DLC across accounts on PS3 and PS4 if everything is set up correctly. I think Vita won't let you share games or DLC because you're only allowed to have one account active on it. Microtransactions can not be shared in most cases.

"Sub Accounts"*

It's possible to share but it requires you to make the sub account into your master account. Sharing games and DLC a "sub account" has bought is not allowed.

These rules only apply to digital downloads. Anything on a disc or cartridge can always be played.

Not sharing games and DLC between accounts may be true on other platforms.

*I define the master account as the account with primary status on your console

**I define sub accounts as any account on your console without primary status.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...