Hoist the Flag trophy / Frontline game mode

EatYourSalad12

1 hour ago, FebuKev said:

Thank you, life is suddenly better! ahahaha
Even though I still have grind for Jack of all trades and 500 000 points trophies to do, this trophy is very painful because each game seems endless! It is not even fun anymore...

Thanks for your prompt reply.

By the way Berenwulf, I am pretty sure you killed me in the game a few days ago in Rotterdam ahahaha

That's possible although I'm really not that great in Battlefield, so you must have killed me too ;) ! I was playing Grand Operations non stop in the past few days to get the trophy. Yeah it's a huge grind, but I also needed the 500 000 Points so it wasn't just for that single trophy. Good luck for the remaining 3 flags!

• Like 1

I’m so tired of this trophy. I can easily waste my time on an entire Grand Operation just for playing Frontlines mode... then see the enemy capturing the flag and destroy all three objectives in one run! The most irritating part is that, if your team sucks during the first two rounds of the operation, you know for certain that you will lose your Frontlines flag!

DICE, let Frontlines as permanent individual mode! I do not care about your Tides of War, temporary modes and “live service” crap, I just want my trophies, period!

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, despoteee said:

How we can get this trophy when no frontline mode. Which operations has this mode exactly? 

Tnx dice to make trophy and remove mode that make a bit higher game play time 

Grand Operations on Twisted Steel or Rotterdam. On the third day there is a round of frontlines. On Rotterdam you may have a chance to get two flags.

On 9/17/2019 at 9:21 PM, despoteee said:

How we can get this trophy when no frontline mode. Which operations has this mode exactly? 

Tnx dice to make trophy and remove mode that make a bit higher game play time 

The last update i saw frontline and domination modes have been removed , you'll have to search for the frontline mode in grand operations .

Just now, EzusJezus said:

This is ridiculous, any idea on when they are bringing front lines mode back if they ever? 

Nothing official. If they can release private servers this year (they said September, but yeah we all know that it's gonna be delayed) you can create your own server with frontlines.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Dice_Hazard said:

Game is on sale. Really wondering based on the info in this topic whether I should buy or pass.  

Is the playerbase active or scarce?

I just bought the game and the first thing I did in the multiplayer was this trophy as I was concerned about frontlines being hard to find. In the end there were always a couple of games full or almost full on the maps I needed so wasn't much of an issue!

• Like 1

It's 20:35 here in the UK and I can see nine servers in the Euro region currently on the France or Rotterdam operations that include Frontlines. They're either full with 64 players or close to full.

It's anticipated that the Private Games (custom servers) feature will allow players to build their own rotations of maps/modes and fans of the mode will always have Frontlines servers running all the time. That will be a lot more convenient but there's no release date yet for that feature - should hopefully arrive in the next few months.

Edited by barticle

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, ImmortalFox- said:

Not even a slight hint as to when they will be coming?

After previous issues/delays, they now won't announce dates for updates until the content is working properly and ready to roll out.

They gave assurances at least that the dev team has still been working on custom servers (there were concerns that the feature might've been cancelled after months without news and when the 5v5 competitive mode was shelved) although I think bug fixes in the existing game content have been a priority.

There should be more news in the next "Letters from the Front" (update from a senior staffer), but they said that weeks ago and the last LFTF was in August. There might be more news around the full announcement for Chapter 5 (Pacific Theatre) - the trailer releases tomorrow. We're overdue for an updated roadmap.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, barticle said:

After previous issues/delays, they now won't announce dates for updates until the content is working properly and ready to roll out.

They gave assurances at least that the dev team has still been working on custom servers (there were concerns that the feature might've been cancelled after months without news and when the 5v5 competitive mode was shelved) although I think bug fixes in the existing game content have been a priority.

There should be more news in the next "Letters from the Front" (update from a senior staffer), but they said that weeks ago and the last LFTF was in August. There might be more news around the full announcement for Chapter 5 (Pacific Theatre) - the trailer releases tomorrow. We're overdue for an updated roadmap.

Thank you for that information. I couldn't find that when I had a quick look online either that or I didn't look hard enough.

Good to know they are still working on it though. Finding Frontlines is an absolute nightmare even with the method you provided on the previous page. Currently at 4 captures and it's taking a long time but hopefully be done soon. I'll be sure to be on the lookout for the next chapter though. Sounds interesting.

Private games have now been confirmed for Chapter 5, just not at the start. More info coming on Monday.

https://twitter.com/Braddock512/status/1187007369659600896

Details of the main content for the new chapter were released today alongside the trailer.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/all-you-need-to-know-chapter-5-war-in-the-pacific

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The challenges for next week - Thurs 5 Dec to Weds 11 Dec - show that Frontlines servers will be playable.

The weekly reward shown (lunge mine) is still delayed and will be replaced by something else but Frontlines is confirmed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/e575ri/this_week_in_battlefield_v_december_2nd_edition/

• Like 1

On 04/12/2019 at 5:03 AM, FlawlessLoftus said:

@barticle you're my hero, thank you so much for sharing this 

Heh! Happy to help.

The Frontlines playlist is now live with a rotation of seven launch maps (all except Fjell) and three newer ones - Mercury, Marita and Al Sundan.

These servers will probably be available for one week only, but then Community Games will be added very soon now anyway.

Edited by barticle

They're running Frontlines servers again for the current week (Thursday to Wednesday).

However... the Community Games feature has now been confirmed to launch on Monday next week.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/e6xv98/community_broadcast_first_look_at_community_games/

That means you'll be able to join another player's Frontlines server - or create your own custom server - whenever you want. ?

Servers can't be given custom names and it's possible to mix different modes with the same player count (16/32/64) so I'd recommend checking the map/mode rotation on a server before you join, otherwise you might join on Frontlines then have to sit through up to nineteen rounds of a different mode!