Overseer Broken?

I am trying to help a few friends with the Overseer trophy and the videos we have looked at don’t seem to work anymore? Either being in the back doesn’t block the spawns or something else glitchy happens. For people who have recently gotten it, what are some tips and tricks and is there another strategy? We feel like we have tried everything. Thanks for any feedback!

2 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Got it a few months ago, worked fine following the youtube video. Is the person by the church close enough to the door?

Close enough to the door? I stand by the broken rubble in the far back corner. What weapons also did you end up using?

24 minutes ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

Close enough to the door? I stand by the broken rubble in the far back corner. What weapons also did you end up using?

I remember of using a sniper and both me and my partner using the damage kickback (army of three?). Splitting up 2 people taking 4 spots worked out fine for us. Think I was doing library/church and the dude was doing left side. We both stood on the initial staircase that you have to carry Drake from.

Still possible, but undoubtedly glitchy. The RPG guys are meant to fire a 'warning shot' which misses the statue before their 2nd shot which will be accurate, but sometimes the first shot hits and there's hardly anything you can do about it in the chaos of it all. The trophy is honestly as much RNG as it is skill.

11 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I remember of using a sniper and both me and my partner using the damage kickback (army of three?). Splitting up 2 people taking 4 spots worked out fine for us. Think I was doing library/church and the dude was doing left side. We both stood on the initial staircase that you have to carry Drake from.

Yeah the two guys I’m helping do that. I’m in the back but the rpg sometimes spawn anyway not to mention every time a group spawns by the back guy (me) they gun for me and grenade me to no end

6 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Still possible, but undoubtedly glitchy. The RPG guys are meant to fire a 'warning shot' which misses the statue before their 2nd shot which will be accurate, but sometimes the first shot hits and there's hardly anything you can do about it in the chaos of it all. The trophy is honestly as much RNG as it is skill.

Yeah that’s a problem too. It just seems like we can’t get the armored guys either.

Also if anyone would like to help you can do that. I don’t blame you if you don’t want to though lol

1 hour ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

I am trying to help a few friends with the Overseer trophy and the videos we have looked at don’t seem to work anymore? Either being in the back doesn’t block the spawns or something else glitchy happens. For people who have recently gotten it, what are some tips and tricks and is there another strategy? We feel like we have tried everything. Thanks for any feedback!

Yeah its definitely little broken. 1 round i hit a regular rpg guy twice with my own Rpg and he was still alive. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blazkowicz6 said:

I got it by doing Rambo style-we stayed next to statue. 1f62c.png

Staying on the rubble and waiting for action was the worst thing in this game. I got so nervous and often made mistakes,lol.

Well with your name it doesn't surprise me Lol

Edited by kdogg_gamer_
  • Like 1

We just got the trophy and yes I went to the spawn area to block one of them. If you are lucky, 2 snipers can block the other 2 spots. So you only have to be focus in 3. Army of 3 is really needed in all members. And after a few tries, we achieved the trophy today. It is hard, but keep trying at the end it happens. After 2-3 hours per day, during 3 days, we did it now in our first try.

My group did a kind of basic method. We all stayed by the church door, I took cover on the left and the other two on the right. The others handled the right and centre with sniper rifles. My job was to deal with the left side and anyone coming up the stairs so I brought along the hammer and used most of the ammo up for the first wave (sometimes you can get two lots of ammo inside the church, so in that case I’d ask another person to grab the hammer in the corner of the courtyard and use it themselves). I also kept the pak near me so I could deal with the brute and armoured guys. I let the brute get close enough for me to grab his ammo as I was also using it for the RPGs (it’s slow getting back up the stairs with it so I’d get sniped a lot, but it helped that the other two were always close enough to revive me).

That probably wouldn't be most people’s preferred method but it worked for us, though it helped that one of the others was a really good sniper. We also all had army of 3 but didn’t really find it essential to all use it for the brute, I think we saved one for the armoured RPGs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...