Damn...

TragicTravesty

I’m a little upset about this trophy list. I’ve been waiting for this game to show up on PS4 and when it finally does it gets a trash 20 bronze trophy list?!? So many cheap, uninspired indies have full lists with Platinums but this popular, well made game doesn’t? I just don’t understand it...

Note* I love indie games. I definitely have a lot of those “uninspired indies” in my completed list and have purchased a lot that I haven’t played yet. I’m just disappointed right now...

Edited by TragicTravesty

42 minutes ago, TragicTravesty said:

Honestly, unless it is something that I really want to play, I operate on a “No Plat, No Purchase” gaming model these days. I WILL likely still get Forager as I’ve been wanting to play it since it was announced, but I was just commenting on the sad trophy list. There is no reason for this game to not have a full-list when all of Ratalaika games are both cross-buy and full (easy) trophy lists.

Also, kinda seems like you post a lot on this site @damon8r351, so you probably understand this is a site for trophy hunters. Why does it surprise you when people play games that lead to trophies? Trophy hunting is my hobby, and now that I’m older, I have to be a bit more selective with regards to what I purchase/play. If a game doesn’t increase that trophy count in a significant way, I have to really think on whether or not I should buy it. 
That being said, I LIKELY will pick up Forager because of my excitement regarding its release, but I decided to vent a little bit of my disappointment on the forum. I guess that is a crime to some...

It's not the disappointment about not having a plat that was put into question.  It's more of a question of "when did people stop playing games for enjoyment and only play them for trophies?"

To each their own and all, but in my opinion, "no plat, no play" is silly because there are a lot of good enjoyable games out there with a decently thought out trophy list, yet no plat.  Again, in my opinion, you're making yourself miss out on a lot with that policy.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

It's not the disappointment about not having a plat that was put into question.  It's more of a question of "when did people stop playing games for enjoyment and only play them for trophies?"

To each their own and all, but in my opinion, "no plat, no play" is silly because there are a lot of good enjoyable games out there with a decently thought out trophy list, yet no plat.  Again, in my opinion, you're making yourself miss out on a lot with that policy.

Yes, we're going to go with this as my reply also, because it was put far more diplomatically than I would've done it. And the last thing I feel like doing today is inciting the apparent vast cabal of people hanging on my nutsack about my "behavior" recently. ?

No, he never did say say that he wasn't going to play it. However, about the list being disappointing, let's consider this as a philosophical discussion: One doesn't need a trophy in place to put a challenge on oneself in any game, nor do they need a trophy to convince oneself to explore every corner of the game. You can do that with or without a bitmap image. Therefore, since any amount greater than zero is better than the amount being zero (something is better than nothing), at what point does a trophy list become disappointing, and what point does it become not disappointing?