Should Big Leagues be a flaggable trophy?

On 4/19/2020 at 7:10 PM, James-_-1989 said:

I actually think that if online trophies become unobtainable, no matter what the game is, if servers have been shutdown, the trophy should be altered in some way to make it still obtainable. I don’t know how so I’m not gonna pretend I have all the answers, but I do have an idea for some trophies how it could work.

One example I have is for Guitar Hero Live. For anyone that doesn’t know, GHTV is no longer available after the server was taken offline, making any trophies to be unlocked in GHTV unobtainable. I have become a victim of this as I cannot ever earn the platinum trophy now as I had not earned the ‘Strumillionaire’ trophy which required the player to ‘Strum 1,000,000 times in GHTV.’ I believe this trophy could easily be altered by either the makers of the game or by Sony and simply require the player to now either ‘Strum 1,000,000 times in GHTV or Strum 2,000,000 times in Quickplay.’ Or something along those lines.

So basically, if the trophy (any trophy I talking about now) cannot be earned the original way in which it was originally intended, alter it in some way allowing it to still be obtained. Don’t make it easier or anything, just obtainable still!

I'm interested to hear people’s views on this idea, or maybe if anyone has another idea.

James-_-1989.png

james-_-1989.png

Kinda like Mass Effect 3 right? I do think it sounds like a good idea but its a lot of work for older games like this for example.. They didn't even bother to fix this feature for big leagues to be obtainable again...  I don't think they will fix anything related to trophies but I think it would be great if devs could do it for newer games 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, royal642award said:

Kinda like Mass Effect 3 right? I do think it sounds like a good idea but its a lot of work for older games like this for example.. They didn't even bother to fix this feature for big leagues to be obtainable again...  I don't think they will fix anything related to trophies but I think it would be great if devs could do it for newer games 

I'd like to think that something like my idea could maybe happen one day in the future if not for past games and trophies :)

James-_-1989.png

james-_-1989.png

• Like 1

It is a great loss for this game in particular, because it’s so timeless and the platinum is awesome. 
I just don’t know why the siterunners on here are so stingy with turning a blind eye to an unobtainable trophy.

You’re running a website, not a country. Come on, guys.

Edited by StylerX01
False information

Honestly, I agree that this trophy, along with any other trophy like this that can be auto popped in a mp lobby should be white listed and I am in favor of a feature like this should be implemented on this website. I guess it should still be flagged because its unfair to people who already got it legit but its also not fair that people have to hide an entire game because of some hackers. Just don't let it count towards leaderboard points. This kind of thing happening is totally out of a players control, why should the player be punished for something they didn't do?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, royal642award said:

Honestly, I agree that this trophy, along with any other trophy like this that can be auto popped in a mp lobby should be white listed and I am in favor of a feature like this should be implemented on this website. I guess it should still be flagged because its unfair to people who already got it legit but its also not fair that people have to hide an entire game because of some hackers. Just don't let it count towards leaderboard points. This kind of thing happening is totally out of a players control, why should the player be punished for something they didn't do?

Exactly. The people running this site are obsessed with trying to keep the leaderboards squeaky clean that they don’t stop to think about the players themselves.

• Like 1

Shouldn't be flaggable, 
1) Not everyone knows about deleting the local cache

2) If I were to ship out or convince my Zombie nerd friend to carry my stupid ass thru all the EE's and all the related trophies only to have all that work flushed down a toilet cause some guy was popping trophies I'd be big mad (1635 points)
3) Sometimes the PS3 auto syncs
4) BO2 MP to this day is the GOAT

5) The  Trophy is technically still doable within the game, I could play the "10" placements Then I could play however many it would take for the 5 dubs. 

Edited by mackenzie129
removed some bitchyness
  • Like 3

There absolutely should be an exception for black ops 2 and games alike with hacked lobbies that result in messed up trophies. Trueachievements have a similar policy, where if games with hacked lobbies cause you to auto pop achievements, you won't be flagged and have a nasty red marker against your profile. Saying people should play on an alt account, or delete their cache is not only tedious, but outright annoying to even suggest that. If I were to play bo2 before I signed up to psnprofiles and have a hacked lobby cause me to autopop everything, why should I be flagged when I wasn't to know it was a known issue? 

Edited by Top-Lad-Luke
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Top-Lad-Luke said:

There absolutely should be an exception for black ops 2 and games alike with hacked libboes that result in messed up trophies. Trueachievements have a similar policy, where if games with hacked lobbies cause you to auto pop achievements, you won't be flagged and have a nasty red marker against your profile. Saying people should play on an alt account, or delete their cache is not only tedious, but outright annoying to even suggest that. If I were to play bo2 before I signed up to psnprofiles and have a hacked lobby cause me to autopop everything, why should I be flagged when I wasn't to know it was a known issue? 

I agree 100%. Just for some reason the “cheater removing team” here don’t care about the players who are a victim of this and flag them anyway.
So what if you allow these games to be on someone’s profile? What, will it “compromise the leaderboards”? 
This thread has been going on for years and the good for nothing management hasn’t done shit about it. They just comment on this post as say “wE cAnT Do AnytHiNg AbOuT iT”, which is not true at all

Edited by StylerX01
false information

1 minute ago, charxsetsuna said:

I think we are screaming at a brick wall at this point, the mods seem to have "just hide it" on a repeating loop .

If the whitelist thread can be up for as long as it has (poll was in favour of a whitelist).and nothing gets done, I don't think theres much hope.

Sadly this is the case. They woud rather sweep it under the rug than actually do anything about it.

I should note that when you're bitching about "the mods" in regards to flagging trophies, Beyondthegrave, Daivrules, Parker, and Stevieboy have zero to do with flagging/unflagging trophies. They're responsible for making sure you bridge trolls don't burn the forums to the ground on any given day.

The people you want to complain about are those toolbags with the purple member titles, um B1rvine, grimydawg, MMDE, and to a lesser extent SlyRipper, since he's the owner of the site and whether he wants to believe it or not the buck stops with him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

I should note that when you're bitching about "the mods" in regards to flagging trophies, Beyondthegrave, Daivrules, Parker, and Stevieboy have zero to do with flagging/unflagging trophies. They're responsible for making sure you bridge trolls don't burn the forums to the ground on any given day.

The people you want to complain about are those toolbags with the purple member titles, um B1rvine, grimydawg, MMDE, and to a lesser extent SlyRipper, since he's the owner of the site and whether he wants to believe it or not the buck stops with him.

Calling me a bridge troll is a bit too much but I do apologize for attacking the mods. 

1 hour ago, damon8r351 said:

When I said that I meant it more like, whenever theres a new dispute mods and even people who aren't mods will just say "just hide it" before the CRT even sees the thread.

I suggest people hide it but I also link people to the whitelist thread in a attempt to help.

The double standard of red dead redemption modded lobbies being ok but cod ones not being ok annoys me though. And theres someone on the CRT who defends that double standard a lot. 

37 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

The double standard of red dead redemption modded lobbies being ok but cod ones not being ok annoys me though. And theres someone on the CRT who defends that double standard a lot. 

You must've missed my rant awhile back to someone on their high horse about cheating being wrong who was also an avid booster, where I said boosting competitive multiplayer trophies in a scratch-my-back-I'll-scratch-yours fashion is technically cheating also but one we've all agreed is okay.

What I'm saying is you're preaching to the choir, trophy hunters in general are constantly hip deep in hypocrisy; it's what makes us us!

2 hours ago, damon8r351 said:

You must've missed my rant awhile back to someone on their high horse about cheating being wrong who was also an avid booster, where I said boosting competitive multiplayer trophies in a scratch-my-back-I'll-scratch-yours fashion is technically cheating also but one we've all agreed is okay.

What I'm saying is you're preaching to the choir, trophy hunters in general are constantly hip deep in hypocrisy; it's what makes us us!

I get your previous points but boosting is not cheating. Not even a little bit. 

(My opinion)
All they really need to do on this site is make it so the leaderboard points for this game don’t count towards the leaderboard score. And anybody who earned this legitimately back in 2015 stay on. I feel this is actually a very simple fix, why they don’t is beyond me, I mean a incomplete game doesn’t deserve to be counted towards the leaderboards and I 100% for the white list initiative. So you can’t tell me its about keeping the leaderboards clean.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Top-Lad-Luke said:

I get your previous points but boosting is not cheating. Not even a little bit. 

Oh, you sweet, naive child. Of course I know all about the lies you tell yourself to justify putting in the bare minimum effort required; I too boosted multiplayer trophies. Search my reply history, I'm not typing this argument again.

On 4/24/2020 at 2:04 AM, StylerX01 said:

Exactly. The people running this site are obsessed with trying to keep the leaderboards squeaky clean that they don’t stop to think about the players themselves.

I don’t think they are ‘obsesssed with trying to keep the leaderboards squaky clean’ because, as I've said before, if you would look at the Latest Achievers, there’s like 50+ people who got Big Leagues trophy in the past year and none of them have been removed from the leaderboards even though they are supposed to be. I also reported an obvious Lost Planet 2 hacker to every Cheater Removal Team member not that long ago and they did nothing, the guy is still on the leaderboards lmao.

EDIT: Looks like they finally started banning those people day or two ago.

EDIT #2: Nvm, it went back to sh*t again lol.

Edited by Dark Prince

Theyre most likely dealing with the 100 or so that were flagged before them, you have to admit its not a very thankful job to be doing as somebody from each side of the fence moans at them no matter what way the argument goes usually.

Everybody complaining about the whitelist function, i dont really get ? Thats why you can hide the game and not be stricken off the leaderboards, you get that leniency in case of things like this. It would be a lot worse if you had a trophy popped in a game beyond your control and completely lost your place because of it. Then i would get the aggravation about the situation.

Also if it was implemented into the whitelist the way people are calling for it, (which last i heard had already been put to bed, as SR stated it just wouldnt fly being done that way) it wouldnt count towards your total anyway, sure the list would be viewable but it wouldnt count for anything numbers wise and people would see that because majority in the know are aware of its problems. A lot of the folk desperate for this feature are also ones with 3 strikes that are using this as the last straw to grasp too to get back on the boards forgetting that they had essentially already closed the casket lid before the nail got hammered in. 

1 hour ago, damon8r351 said:

Oh, you sweet, naive child. Of course I know all about the lies you tell yourself to justify putting in the bare minimum effort required; I too boosted multiplayer trophies. Search my reply history, I'm not typing this argument again.

You don't need to type any argument again. Just find me a warning from one game that says something along the lines of "if you purposely find a group to achieve trophies without getting them through normal matchmaking, you will be banned as this is cheating". If you can I'll give you a big shiny badge. 

7 minutes ago, Top-Lad-Luke said:

You don't need to type any argument again. Just find me a warning from one game that says something along the lines of "if you purposely find a group to achieve trophies without getting them through normal matchmaking, you will be banned as this is cheating". If you can I'll give you a big shiny badge. 

Overwatch, blizzard is constantly banning people caught boosting on there. Back on the 360 with Halo 3 there was an update that would auto ban people that were boosting.

There's probably a lot of other games that do it, but I'm not going to bother looking

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Top-Lad-Luke said:

https://www.naughtydog.com/blog/how_to_report_cheating_in_uncharted_4_multiplayer

27 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

Nowhere in that article does it state what I asked you to provide, specifically regarding one obtaining trophies with a group of friends rather than randoms. 

43 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Overwatch, blizzard is constantly banning people caught boosting on there. Back on the 360 with Halo 3 there was an update that would auto ban people that were boosting.

There's probably a lot of other games that do it, but I'm not going to bother looking

Boosting ranks absolutely yes. But halo 3 never got you banned from boosting achievements unless you were literally sat doing nothing and having a friend do the achievement requirements. Again, they banned you because you were obtaining xp illegitimately which upped your ranking. They care about that, they don't care for people getting achievements with their pals.