Should Big Leagues be a flaggable trophy?

I only have a complaint. I'm ok with the fact that the function is not available and the trophy is unobtainable since 2016, i won't argue against that, ¿but getting flagged because a hacker modded a lobby  and got you an unobtainable trophy without aiming for it? RIdiculous nonsense. I didn't ask for the prize, ¿why should i get the punishment? Paying the price because of the laziness of Treyarch's personnel. ¿Why not plug the cord on the multiplayer portion of the game already?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Vampirehunter145 said:

I only have a complaint. I'm ok with the fact that the function is not available and the trophy is unobtainable since 2016, i won't argue against that, ¿but getting flagged because a hacker modded a lobby  and got you an unobtainable trophy without aiming for it? RIdiculous nonsense. I didn't ask for the prize, ¿why should i get the punishment? Paying the price because of the laziness of Treyarch's personnel. ¿Why not plug the cord on the multiplayer portion of the game already?

the thing is, we dont know if you intentionally unlock the trophy or not.

22 minutes ago, qwerty407 said:

the thing is, we dont know if you intentionally unlock the trophy or not.

Thus it's better to err on the side of caution and flag indiscriminately, irrespective of any collateral damage.

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

• Like 1

My belief is this:  If you just play a game regularly on an unhacked console without using other people's save files or modifying your own with a program, then you should never get flagged.  That's the ideal, but I can make exceptions for some of the more convoluted stuff that can get you flagged (for example messing up the vita region stacking trick), since if you're doing that you really should know that you're doing something a bit strange.  You're pushing on the boundaries and should pay more attention.  I don't like seeing those flags, but I can understand them.

I do think this is different.  You can apparently get flagged in this case just by playing the multiplayer enough.  I don't think that's right.

And sure, there is a method to prevent the trophies from syncing, but I don't think it's right to expect people to know about it since you can run into problems just by playing the game without trying to push any boundaries.

Imagine if you will, someone that has been playing games for a while without worrying about trophies.  No hacking or save files, just playing games.  But, now they're starting to get into trophies and find this site and add their name.  If they played a lot of this game's multiplayer how should we greet them?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

This is just another impossible game like hundreds of others, why should this be special? It shouldn't. If you don't want to get your trophies hacked, don't play online with your main account, use an alt. You can immediately shut off your PS3 if you see people using a mod menu, PS3 trophies takes usually 7 seconds to pop. If even that fail, you can just wipe the profile from the PS3 and nuke those trophies out of existence. Allowing people to get this trophy will just make people go after hackers to get the platinum, like it's happening with GTA V at the moment, which also should get flagged for the same reason, although that case is different a little because you could rig the bounties.

Could you theoretically play a game rank up to say level 20 legit, then you have an auto pop. Dont sync, but put your profile to a flashdrive then nuke the trophy by system wipe. Then start again with your save and MP progress? Would that work?

Edited by kdogg_gamer_

3 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Rules also have a tendency to change or evolve over time depending on other factors such as the wants of its community

community wants its destruction here, in every community basic things shouldn't be changed.. 

What do you mean by letting go off illegitimate trophies, man.. 

1 hour ago, Darpiom said:

community wants its destruction here, in every community basic things shouldn't be changed.. 

What do you mean by letting go off illegitimate trophies, man.. 

As a community grows and evolves, even basic rules can change to better suit the new wants & needs of saud community. 

Obviously, the guys at the top (or just Sly?) make the final decision, but if enough people start clamoring for a rule change, you risk them leaving the website and community if they go ignored long enough.  

There are a few games where these situations are a grey area vs the obvious cheats via cfw or save files

Same goes for the HK version of that game with debug (corpse party?)

Korean actually. 

nly to people who meet a hacker. It's a different case, you can't do it yourself without modifying the game or the system themselves.

Actually nowadays, there appears to be infection menus, or something, where people watch a clip in theater mode are granted mod menus without having a jailbroken system. It would likely get the person banned as NoahJ had shown on his Xbox, but like the infections on BO1, they are present, which is, in theory, the reason why BO2 had a period of time where lobbies were in slow mo or had super jump effects in public, until Treyarch put dedicated servers on. 

8 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

A better solution to the problem, in my opinion, is Sony introducing the ability to delete games off your profile.

Agreed. I can't ever plat MK vs DCU or Midnight Club: LA due to server closure (though I'll have to look into GoneSpy later, in the case of people with MK for Vita), nor would I care to, since they're not my kind of games. They were hand-me downs from my brother, and I don't really care for fighting/racing games, but I'm stuck with the 1% on my profile. If Sony allowed deleting games, I'd be all for it. It'd be kinda cool to delete a platted game, just so I can go for it again, actually. 

Edited by ArmoredSnowman

7 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

I'm just waiting for the day this starts to happen on PS4, where you can't delete the user since the trophies synch the millisecond you earn them, and the site basically starts telling you what games you are banned from playing online. 

Technically could happen in the case of BO3, Ghosts, and the like, if someone connected to a jailbroken console using LAN, and had the modder pop the trophies. It'd be pretty obvious if done instant, but if called out on it, would be no way it was done by mistake. I'd expect there'll be more of these types of lobbies around after PS5 comes out, just like how BO2 went to shit around the time PS4 was coming out. But yes, if jailbroken PS4s ever achieve online capabilities outside of LAN, then CoDs would definitely be the first to be fucked (well, besides GTA V). 

All I can think of is it is what it is. I would like some way to have the game on my list again because a lot of trophies in that game I did earn legit and I was 13 when I got hacked because I did not know the random (who my best friend swears that it was TheRelaxingEnd) was hacking on zombies. We were just trying to do the TranZit easter egg for the trophy and were trying to find randoms to help us do it. I also at the time did not know that you could delete your profile to prevent hacked trophies from popping up when you sync your account so I was screwed and had to sync my trophies. The even more frustrating thing is I got Big Leagues legit back in 2014. I do feel there should be some type of system where you can re-lock single trophies on your account once to remedy this. I also believe that while multiplayer trophies are not fun and enjoyable in any aspect that in the end it is a trophy that people can earn legitimate and hacking trophies because they are no longer obtainable by legitimate ways pretty much voids all effort that someone put into the trophy and even the platinum and 100% itself. Was getting Big Leagues hard? Absolutely not. I think I spent more time getting the Platinum to My Name Is Mayo than I did putting time and effort into Big Leagues. But just because it is or was an easy trophy to earn does NOT make it ok to hack or have someone hack you just because you missed the opportunity to get the trophy. I would even say the same for NBA 2K17. Just because the trophy is bugged to where no one EVER can earn it because the developers that made the game failed to create a 100% working game because all they care about is how much money you spent on microtransactions does not mean you should try to go out of your way to fix a problem using your own solution. You are not the creator of the game. It is the same with taking the law into your own hands. Even if you do take the law into your own hands, you were never given authority to do so, so now you are considered a criminal as well. Likewise, if you are not a developer at Treyarch studios who can fix this for everyone, and you hack a trophy just to complete your list and satisfy yourself, then have the satisfaction of doing so. You are still going to be considered a cheater and life will move on. Playing games online whether it be Call of Duty, GTA, 2K, or whatever you like playing online just is not fun anymore for me anyways so I will be trying to cut down on how many online games I will be playing in the future so that way I will no longer have to deal with hackers like in Black Ops 2 or servers closing like Hitman Absolution and Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe.

6 hours ago, pot1414 said:

Damn this is a nightmare.I might have to start finishing ps4 games with online trophies sooner than I anticipated.

Counter measures are needed ASAP.

We are under fire!!!

Don't worry too much about that. PS4 modders are years away from going online. If anything, you'd see more development coming after PS5 releases, not before. You won't have to worry about modded lobbies fucking you over for a long time, maybe never at the current rate of things, since Sony will sue them. I think it's safe to say that Sony's learned from the PS3 days. 

9 hours ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

Would that work?

19 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

If even that fail, you can just wipe the profile from the PS3 and nuke those trophies out of existence.

Yes, it would work. There is a thread about that pinned in the PSN subforums, I'm pretty sure.

10 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Korean actually. 

Actually nowadays, there appears to be infection menus, or something, where people watch a clip in theater mode are granted mod menus without having a jailbroken system. It would likely get the person banned as NoahJ had shown on his Xbox, but like the infections on BO1, they are present, which is, in theory, the reason why BO2 had a period of time where lobbies were in slow mo or had super jump effects in public, until Treyarch put dedicated servers on. 

Agreed.

Hmm.. So looks like these are available for everyone regular in game. The Theater Mode is available for everyone, just like the Cheats in uncharted.

12 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Don't worry too much about that. PS4 modders are years away from going online. If anything, you'd see more development coming after PS5 releases, not before. You won't have to worry about modded lobbies fucking you over for a long time, maybe never at the current rate of things, since Sony will sue them. I think it's safe to say that Sony's learned from the PS3 days. 

That won't stop hackers, that will just make them more bold instead

Yes and it should always remain like that, otherwise PSNP would be violating their own rules and will have to apply the same whitelist thing to other unobtainable trophies. People need to stop coming with excuses just to get trophies they did not deserve or work for, hacking or not. Just move on with your lives you had three years to buy the game and get that particular trophy before it became unobtainable. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Alihsan621 said:

Hmm.. So looks like these are available for everyone regular in game. The Theater Mode is available for everyone, just like the Cheats in uncharted.

I guess you could consider it that way, seeing as theater mode is a feature promoted by 3arc themselves, and not a third party. One could see the infection clips as being an intent on 3arc's part, since they've nothing to rectify the situation (say deleting all these films, and patching the exploits people use for the menus -- I know the game and consoles are too old to justify it, since they already tried minimizing modded lobbies by pushing dedicated servers instead of user-hosted ones, but at some point it's more on 3arc's faulty security than it is the user's curiosity.) I do support a whitelist for the game, but don't think people should actively seek these lobbies out just for one unobtainable trophy -- though, PSNP has allowed 3rd party software in the case of GoneSpy for Bulletstorm's unobtainable trophies, so who knows. 

7 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

That won't stop hackers, that will just make them more bold instead

I believe the biggest roadblock is some processor called SAMU, which prevents modders from even attempting to spoof their firmware to go online. In theory, Sony's systems would automatically ban their account and/or console if they did manage to succeed, since the keys aren't public. At least that's what can be gathered from various articles. The only way modders would be able to go online, from how I see it, is if they jailbroke the current firmware, 6.72 -- which of course would invite lawsuits and C&D orders, so there's no chance of that, unless it was done completely anonymously or after PS4's end-of-life comes. I really don't think there's anything to worry about in regards to modded lobbies, since not only can they not go online, but if they did try to mod, say Black Ops 4, they'd need some sort of antiban, or they'd get account/console ban in minutes (check what happened with NoahJ for just using a theater infection menu on his Black Ops 2). If anything comes, it'd likely be from the Asian side of things, since Chinese developers, Chaitin Tech were the first to jailbreak firmware 4.01. 

All of this can be found within a few Google searches, but you're correct that it can make modders more bold. Look to the Vita for example. Every firmware gets jailbroken by one single developer, with no end in sight. If SAMU got broken, then yes, devs would likely do the same for PS4...but let's hope that's years down the line, much after PS5's catalog is built up, as I very much enjoy seeing CoD lobbies not being fucked. If nothing else, I'd guess Xbox One is the only safe console in respects to hackers. 

On 22/07/2019 at 0:50 PM, TheYuriG said:

The inability to pinpoint if it's hacked or not. There are thousands of cheaters on the leaderboards that are impossible to flag because they pop their trophies in a right order. The only way to get Big Leagues is through hackers, that's not the case for RDR.

What are your opinion on workarounds? For example I’m going for saints row 3 soon and the trophy jumped in is no longer obtainable due to a shutdown. However by using a DNS you can trick the game into thinking you attempted to visit the website to upload you character and therefore get the trophy. This is not a hack/mod and is currently not a flaggable offence but it is obvious if someone has done this 

8 minutes ago, ziggyblues_ said:

What are your opinion on workarounds? For example I’m going for saints row 3 soon and the trophy jumped in is no longer obtainable due to a shutdown. However by using a DNS you can trick the game into thinking you attempted to visit the website to upload you character and therefore get the trophy. This is not a hack/mod and is currently not a flaggable offence but it is obvious if someone has done this 

It's fine if it's accessible to anyone without tampering with the system. Same goes for downgrading PS4 games or using alternate servers (demon souls, bulletstorm, etc). It's why i mentioned before that if there was a button on the menu to unlock the trophy for anyone, I would be fine with it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alihsan621 said:

I'd like a Moderator / Admin etc. to say something about the infections. 

If it's realy like ArmoredSnowman said, then we could discuss about this Situation. It's available for everyone without using any third party Services. 

Moderators don't have anything to do with flagging games or the resulting disputes. That's for the Cheater Removal Team.

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/staff/

I've did a research on those theather mods. I came across something called "League Rank Infection". Idk what this does, but I guess it sets you to Gold or even Master Rank. 

I was just Browsing in some file shares, everyone can do this. It's accessable by two clicks in the main menue. 

Idk if the rank is just cosmetically or if youre realy beeing placed into a Division, but if so, you could then play 5 Games and get the trophy. You'd even do the requirements on your own and actually EARN the trophy. 

It's just an idea, I don't force anyone to do this. But wouldn't this be okay and cool with the rules of the site?

• Like 2