Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

On 9/15/2020 at 0:17 AM, Copanele said:

I really hope you will enjoy it! For me it was that kind of "I can't believe this little pixellated game can be THIS fun".

Oh I believe it, I grew up on old Mario and Sonic games from the 8 bit/16 bit eras.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Copanele said:

Would you believe that I actually kinda got good at them? xD Not sure if I ever mentioned it before, the reason I played all those fighting games starting with injustice 2 -> MK X -> STREET FIGHTER 5 (THIS was an important one) -> MK9 -> Injustice 1 was to prepare myself for Street Fighter 4 trials : They are my ultimate target. If I manage to do them i can finally be happy.

Although some of them are brutal, to put it mildly. You have a character who has different stances and you have to switch the stance mid-hit. I have to do it mechanically at some point.

I have a small sliver of hope that I can finish the trials next week (depending on how good I perform). I have a status update with 50+ replies if you wish to see my progress (and my slow descend into madness xD )

But bottom line : I am having fun. I love experimenting and pulling mad combos.

I'm curious, do you use a arcade pad for fighting games or just the controller? The Street Fight 4 trials do seem like the ultimate goal throughout those fighting games, it's enough to give someone very bad hand/wrist issues, not to mention losing your sanity when you try the same one for hours strait.

9 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Congrats on the 100%! That game surely looks like a ton of fun... I am soon going to be playing this in 3-player coop, so I really hope it is as fun as your review makes it sound! ? Unfortunately I missed it in the last sale, so might have to get it for full price... Hope it's still worth it ?

Wasn't Bro Force on PS+ before, I randomly have it on my account with 1 trophy...

Edited by Grotz99

6 minutes ago, Grotz99 said:

I'm curious, do you use a arcade pad for fighting games or just the controller? The Street Fight 4 trials do seem like the ultimate goal throughout those fighting games, it's enough to give someone very bad hand/wrist issues, not to mention losing your sanity when you try the same one for hours strait.

Wasn't Bro Force on PS+ before, I randomly have it on my account with 1 trophy...

I just used the good old controller. I do have an arcade stick but I just couldn't get used to it so I learned to play with the pad. Yeah it does put some mad strain on wrists and fingers but only if you play like a madman. Breaks are recommended for sure XD. 

And I believe yes, Broforce was a free psplus game. I bought it at a discount sale though, looked interesting. 

I've always considered Street Fighter to be far more skill intensive and technical than Mortal Kombat. Tekken is in the same class as Street Fighter, and I'm not talking about trophies. I'm talking about Japanese/Korean players who are fucking gaming gods. I'll stick with the popular stereotype that Japanese are simply better video gamers than us westerners, which I highly regard as true.

You @Copanele I would consider to be at the border of the western world. East of you is Russia and India, which is generally regarded as part of the eastern world.

I looked at the Tekken move set for a number of fighters and their more advanced moves require excellent precision on top of inputting those combos in quick succession. Definitely out of my league. Guilty Gear I believe applies similar rules. The fighting games that come out of Japan are more skill based than Mortal Kombat.

Mortal Kombat was basically America's answer to Street Fighter II, which was insanely popular back in the day when it premiered in 1991. Kids from all over were spending quarters to play Street Fighter II, and a year later Mortal Kombat comes out. This game along with DOOM brought in the creation of the ESRB ratings, which wouldn't come into effect until around 1994.

I've compared Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat, I can be a lot slower with Mortal Kombat and still execute the moves. This applies across all the games I've played in the franchise. The main difficulty was getting past the incredibly cheap and bullshit AI that predicts your every move. I struggled in getting Mortal Kombat 2 done on the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection on the PS3. Still..... none of it was really that hard. I primarily used Liu Kang and Sub Zero, two of my favorite fighters of all time in the franchise. The combos aren't that difficult and you got plenty of time to execute them.

Street Fighter on the other hand, you have to be a LOT quicker. Back when I was a kid I used to think that pulling off Ryu and Ken's fireball was simply hitting down then forward + punch. Very often the move would not come out because I was not fast enough. I can input the exact move with Liu Kang from Mortal Kombat with either high punch or low punch and he delivers a fireball. My left thumb leaves the d-pad after I press down, then my thumb presses right and when I do I hit one of the punch buttons. Pretty simple. With Ryu and Ken, I basically have to hit down, hit down +right, then hit right while IMMEDIATELY hitting the punch button. My thumb can't leave contact with the d-pad because if I do then I already can't pull off that move because I was too slow. With Mortal Kombat I'm allowed that freedom, and the result is my fingers are a lot less tired. Not just with Liu Kang but also with Sub Zero, Scorpion, Jax, Raiden and numerous others. With Street Fighter, I basically have to input moves in quick succession. I ended up just rocking the d-pad back and forth going down and right, usually resulting in a mixmash of Ryu and Ken's fireball and dragon punch with no rhyme or reason.

Then I remember trying to use Guile and Zangief. Guile was basically all about the charge attacks, I could never pull a Sonic Boom then a Flash Kick right after. Zangief was just a mess for me. Doing the fucking 360 on the d-pad resulting in me having him jump all over the fucking place, and the AI or human player would just pummel me into oblivion. No character in Mortal Kombat to my knowledge requires that kind of technical mindset and ability to use properly.

Which leads me to the conclusion that Mortal Kombat as a whole (franchise wise) is most definitely easier than Street Fighter. If it wasn't for that My Kung Fu is Stronger bullshit, I probably would of bought Mortal Kombat 2011 and gone for the trophies myself. Could of even bought a second PS3 for self boosting, since matches are still two players.

Street Fighter IV? Super Street Fighter IV? Street Fighter V? Not a fucking chance. Those trials and the survival trophies would of been the death of me. You can include the Golden League trophy from Street Fighter V.

• Like 1

@Spaz I believe the issue with old Street Fighter games was that their special inputs (hadokens for instance) had negative edge : you had to punch, quarter circle and RELEASE at the exact moment in order to do the hadoken. If you will play Street Fighter 30th Anniversary you'll see what I mean in SF1 or SF2. Capcom toned down the concept abit in later releases but in the first instances man...I couldn't do a hadoken to save my life. Also these games were built around arcade sticks so they really aren't made for d-pads xD the later iterations fixed that. That's why Guile and Zangief would give you tons of headaches : With Zangief at least you need to buffer with a punch or a dash or something then quickly do a 360. On a D-Pad that's criminal.

And yep...I do believe that SF, Tekken, KoF and these Eastern games are tougher to master than Mortal Kombat/Injustice. Don't get me wrong, MK is an awesome franchise and you can do some mad ass combos (SonicFox is crazy with his characters) and myself I loved MK X and its freedom, but I never ever felt that it was absurdly complex. I could learn a Sub-Zero 40% damage combo in 2 hours of practice and apply it in a match. Even in that infamous "Win 10 ranked matches in a row" trophy in MK X I managed to get 7 in a row before ultimately being demolished by a dude WAY better than me. In comparison, SFV took me 3 months of nonstop onlinery to become barely passable and get that Gold Rank. It's just that different mechanically. 

However for Guilty Gear things change a bit xD it's the game that I started with truth be told. If for Street Fighter you need to input the keys at the correct moment, for GG you need to connect and then string a ton of combos until the enemy ultimately escapes. Guilty Gear gets overwhelming with alot of mechanics that I won't bother to list here and the biggest thing is that you need to know them ALL in order to survive online. Plus every character is so damn weird, normal rules don't apply for these kinds of games. Guilty Gear, BlazBlue and Under Night enter in this cathegory : Mad flashy combos that are rather intuitive and insanely tough to master.

However I still am of the opinion that you could do Street Fighter IV/V if you liked the games @Spaz ,even more so than MK9 who had some ASS trophies.They are not easy, that is true , but at least you don't have to sacrifice a goat to the gods like in Crypt of the Necrodancer or other mad I am Bread/Surgeon Simulator type of games. It's the "work pays off" type of game. But yeah, if you don''t like this kind of game...it would just be constant rage and pain.

Just don't do it like @Arcesius who started with Injustice 1 of all games xDxDxDxD the most uninspired choice in the history of fighting games  (but at least we got a sick ass review).

And truth be told, even if Romania is the border of Eastern and Western World, the fighting game of our generation(say 1992-2000 , roughly those years) was MK II and MK 4 (the ugly 3D one). Makes no sense but that was the only thing Romania could pir--AHEM "import" from overseas. I got access to Street Fighter/Tekken/Guilty Gear way later.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Copanele said:

@Spaz I believe the issue with old Street Fighter games was that their special inputs (hadokens for instance) had negative edge : you had to punch, quarter circle and RELEASE at the exact moment in order to do the hadoken. If you will play Street Fighter 30th Anniversary you'll see what I mean in SF1 or SF2. Capcom toned down the concept abit in later releases but in the first instances man...I couldn't do a hadoken to save my life. Also these games were built around arcade sticks so they really aren't made for d-pads xD the later iterations fixed that. That's why Guile and Zangief would give you tons of headaches : With Zangief at least you need to buffer with a punch or a dash or something then quickly do a 360. On a D-Pad that's criminal.

Video games were a lot harder back then. I played my share of games on the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis, basically asking you to beat the games in one sitting, no continues, run out of lives it's back to the very beginning. Kids nowadays literally have video games on fucking easy street, compared to what us 1990s kids had to go through.

The thing is nobody really thought about porting issues at that time, so Capcom and Midway both released home console versions of their hit game (Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat respectively) from the arcades. The porting was very inconsistent. Often games that were on Sega Genesis were far different from their Super Nintendo versions, due to different hardware and different control schemes. Street Fighter II was a lot better on the Super Nintendo, but dealing with that d-pad didn't give you the fluid motion you got with the arcade sticks at the arcade cabinets, so kids like myself were stuck with it.

We didn't give a shit about competition, completion or any of that stuff. There were no achievements back then, plus we had to deal with little to no internet since it was expensive as fuck to own a Windows desktop computer back in the early - mid 1990s. We just played them to have fun, and that was all that mattered.

And yep...I do believe that SF, Tekken, KoF and these Eastern games are tougher to master than Mortal Kombat/Injustice. Don't get me wrong, MK is an awesome franchise and you can do some mad ass combos (SonicFox is crazy with his characters) and myself I loved MK X and its freedom, but I never ever felt that it was absurdly complex. I could learn a Sub-Zero 40% damage combo in 2 hours of practice and apply it in a match. Even in that infamous "Win 10 ranked matches in a row" trophy in MK X I managed to get 7 in a row before ultimately being demolished by a dude WAY better than me. In comparison, SFV took me 3 months of nonstop onlinery to become barely passable and get that Gold Rank. It's just that different mechanically.

The old Mortal Kombat games had combos, particularly Mortal Kombat 3/Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 with it's Brutality combos, which were basically a Fatality involving a long combo you had to input once the 'Finish Him/Her' message pops up on the screen. The Fatalities drew me in as a kid, but even some of the harder ones are absolutely nothing compared to the stuff you have to do in Street Fighter or Tekken.

Guilty Gear? Yeah, insane combos that are tough to master are just bullshit. Mad respect for you for finishing those games, because they are definitely niche and I think I know why. I will never do those games.

However I still am of the opinion that you could do Street Fighter IV/V if you liked the games @Spaz ,even more so than MK9 who had some ASS trophies.They are not easy, that is true , but at least you don't have to sacrifice a goat to the gods like in Crypt of the Necrodancer or other mad I am Bread/Surgeon Simulator type of games. It's the "work pays off" type of game. But yeah, if you don''t like this kind of game...it would just be constant rage and pain.

Just don't do it like @Arcesius who started with Injustice 1 of all games xDxDxDxD the most uninspired choice in the history of fighting games  (but at least we got a sick ass review).

Arcesius @Arcesius pretty much plays for the challenge. I prefer to mix up my games with a bunch of easy, medium and a few harder ones. Most of my trophy list consists of easy to easy - medium difficulty games. I generally don't play anything that hard.

Crypt of the Necrodancer is one of the hardest platinum trophies on PSN. 900 - 1000 hours according to @Floriiss. Now that dude is a fucking beast. He's not only done practically all the hard platforming games I've done on my account, he has done Street Fighter, Crypt of the Necrodancer and a few hard ass racing games. It takes a special talent to finish off those games, someone with far more patience than I.

The fact he gets most of his games done very quickly is another reason why he's a beast.

And truth be told, even if Romania is the border of Eastern and Western World, the fighting game of our generation(say 1992-2000 , roughly those years) was MK II and MK 4 (the ugly 3D one). Makes no sense but that was the only thing Romania could pir--AHEM "import" from overseas. I got access to Street Fighter/Tekken/Guilty Gear way later.

You guys are a lot farther east than France and Germany, and since I learned some history of Eastern Europe, you guys were under control by the Soviet Union, because Germany was split up after World War II ended.

Unfortunately you guys got a lot of stuff second hand, though I feel it's much better for you now than it used to be. Comparable with Venezuela and Columbia, both shit holes in terms of being proper countries.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Copanele said:

Speaking of co-op, how is Trine? Do you enjoy it ?

It was pretty fun! (We already finished). But I can see the game not being all that good for solo play, but it is perfect for 3 players. Was also something quite chill for a change... We bought the entire collection, so will probably continue with Trine 2 soon before moving on to Broforce ?

57 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Haha yeah, I'm traumatized from that garbage... ? And I'm gonna be honest, I really, REALLY am tempted to attempt a proper fighter, with difficult trials and whatnot... But, I can't see myself enjoying online play, running arcade ladders, survival modes... there is just too much stuff in those games that I think I wouldn't enjoy at all. But I don't think the trials would be among those things. 

Glad to read that you are progressing that well with SFIV! Takes perseverence, that's for sure... you old masochist. 

33 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Video games were a lot harder back then. I played my share of games on the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis, basically asking you to beat the games in one sitting, no continues, run out of lives it's back to the very beginning. Kids nowadays literally have video games on fucking easy street, compared to what us 1990s kids had to go through.

There are still plenty of games like that today. No continues, time-limited, etc... it's just not the majority of games, and definitely not mainstream / AAA games, but there are plenty of challenging games out there that meet the criteria that you mention. Have a go at Splasher... I dare you ? Probably the hardest platformer with a Platinum. 

@Arcesius pretty much plays for the challenge. I prefer to mix up my games with a bunch of easy, medium and a few harder ones. Most of my trophy list consists of easy to easy - medium difficulty games. I generally don't play anything that hard.

Well sure, I often play for the challenge... That's just what I enjoy about gaming. That being said, I have my share of chill games on my profile as well... ? You know, I'm not always in the mood to really have to focus... I mean, hell, I just finished Trine... Not what I would call challenging ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

It was pretty fun! (We already finished). But I can see the game not being all that good for solo play, but it is perfect for 3 players. Was also something quite chill for a change... We bought the entire collection, so will probably continue with Trine 2 soon before moving on to Broforce 1f603.png

Trine 2: Complete Story should up the difficulty a fair bit for you. But people have told it's still not that hard of a game, even solo.

3 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

There are still plenty of games like that today. No continues, time-limited, etc... it's just not the majority of games, and definitely not mainstream / AAA games, but there are plenty of challenging games out there that meet the criteria that you mention. Have a go at Splasher... I dare you 1f605.png Probably the hardest platformer with a Platinum.

Not quite.

Those old games from decades past were not only difficult with no continues and time-limited, a lot of them were downright broken. Broken controls, broken mechanics, and just plain unfair.

Just take a look at the old episodes of Angry Video Game Nerd (Cinemassacre on YouTube). He covered a lot of old games from 20 - 30+ years ago that were outright broken and just absurd.

Stuff like Crypt of the Necrodancer, Furi, Super Meat Boy, Splasher and Super Rude Bear Resurrection are difficult but fair. There's a big difference between the hard games of today and those hard games from 25 - 30 years ago.

A lot of those old games were shit. Splasher has good level design and the mechanics work well. Many NES era titles haven't aged well, not necessarily because of graphics but because of how poor the controls were and how terrible they were in general.

9 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Well sure, I often play for the challenge... That's just what I enjoy about gaming. That being said, I have my share of chill games on my profile as well... 1f605.png You know, I'm not always in the mood to really have to focus... I mean, hell, I just finished Trine... Not what I would call challenging 1f602.png

Trine 3 is even easier. Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince I plan to buy eventually, but not before I finish Trine 2: Complete Story. That's the only one in the series that really offers some modicum of challenge.

3 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

It was pretty fun! (We already finished). But I can see the game not being all that good for solo play, but it is perfect for 3 players. Was also something quite chill for a change... We bought the entire collection, so will probably continue with Trine 2 soon before moving on to Broforce 1f603.png

Glad you liked it! Was abit worried that it would be too boring, but yep in co-op it is fun!

5 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Haha yeah, I'm traumatized from that garbage... 1f602.png And I'm gonna be honest, I really, REALLY am tempted to attempt a proper fighter, with difficult trials and whatnot... But, I can't see myself enjoying online play, running arcade ladders, survival modes... there is just too much stuff in those games that I think I wouldn't enjoy at all. But I don't think the trials would be among those things. 

A proper fighter that could be along those lines (and not be absurd easy either) would be Guilty Gear XRd Rev2. It has EXCELLENT tutorial, nice graphics and the online component can be attempted(and is even recommended) with a friend. There's some medals there that require you to do certain stuff in a match and you could have fun with that part. Not really arcade/survival focused either. But that's for the far future, after you have done all the Nioh 2 DLCs and are overall bored by challenges xD

8 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Well sure, I often play for the challenge... That's just what I enjoy about gaming. That being said, I have my share of chill games on my profile as well... 1f605.png You know, I'm not always in the mood to really have to focus... I mean, hell, I just finished Trine... Not what I would call challenging 1f602.png

I also play One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 to detach myself from the combos...the textbook definition of "monkey brain videogame". Luffy sees, Luffy punches. Zombie mode on!

49 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Crypt of the Necrodancer is one of the hardest platinum trophies on PSN. 900 - 1000 hours according to @Floriiss. Now that dude is a fucking beast. He's not only done practically all the hard platforming games I've done on my account, he has done Street Fighter, Crypt of the Necrodancer and a few hard ass racing games. It takes a special talent to finish off those games, someone with far more patience than I.

The fact he gets most of his games done very quickly is another reason why he's a beast.

I could never attempt his feats xD for one, Crypt of the NecroDancer is one of those anti-me games, I can't stand rhythm games for the life of me, I hate them. Given how I struggled with a simple rhythm game in Fist of the North Star says alot about my skill. Same goes for platformers, if you really want to end my will to game, give me Super Meat Boy. Fuck no I ain't playing that !

Guy's a monster, I don't really know him but I can't help but bow to his skills. For me, just give me action games, Dark Souls and fighting extravaganza and I am happy :D (and of course a good ass RPG love you Geralt)

ALSO RANDOM THOUGHT! After I am done with SF4 I really really REALLY wish to install Cuphead and play it again. Loved it on PC, I want to platinum it on PS4. No exploits of course because we aren't little kids.

Sorry Far Cry Primal...you will have to wait a couple more weeks xD 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Copanele said:

I could never attempt his feats xD for one, Crypt of the NecroDancer is one of those anti-me games, I can't stand rhythm games for the life of me, I hate them. Given how I struggled with a simple rhythm game in Fist of the North Star says alot about my skill. Same goes for platformers, if you really want to end my will to game, give me Super Meat Boy. Fuck no I ain't playing that.

Oh god I hate rhythm games. There's a few rhythm games I think were popular in Japan but you can buy them on the PS4. I will just say no to that.

The genre I'm really bad at is shmups. I just can't do those properly. Like you in a way, I sort of struggled in getting Sky Force Anniversary done and that is rather easy compared to a lot of other shmups.

There's a shmup called Sine Mora and a shmup called Ikaruga.  Yeah, definitely not doing those.

Platformers, give me them. Except maybe Cloudberry Kingdom, VVVVVV and Splasher. Those may be a little too hard for me.

• Like 1

Just now, Spaz said:

There's a shmup called Sine Mora and a shmup called Ikaruga.  Yeah, definitely not doing those.

Played Ikaruga on an emulator. It was the "hey kids, are you interested in epilepsy?" moment. 10 minutes and I had enough  !

I am almost decent at shmups, but not that great either. I am a great Chicken Invaders players, I could shoot chickens for days xD 

9 hours ago, Copanele said:

I could never attempt his feats xD for one, Crypt of the NecroDancer is one of those anti-me games, I can't stand rhythm games for the life of me, I hate them. Given how I struggled with a simple rhythm game in Fist of the North Star says alot about my skill. Same goes for platformers, if you really want to end my will to game, give me Super Meat Boy. Fuck no I ain't playing that !

9 hours ago, Spaz said:

Oh god I hate rhythm games. There's a few rhythm games I think were popular in Japan but you can buy them on the PS4. I will just say no to that.

I am also very terrible at rhythm games. I think the only one I have on my profile is Rockband 4, but that is just fun to play with people. The rhythm mini games in Yakuza are even holding me back. I will go back to finish those games up, but after I finish all of them, then I can clean up all the mini games at once when i'm in the "rhythm". 

On 9/16/2020 at 7:41 PM, Grotz99 said:

I am also very terrible at rhythm games. I think the only one I have on my profile is Rockband 4, but that is just fun to play with people. The rhythm mini games in Yakuza are even holding me back. I will go back to finish those games up, but after I finish all of them, then I can clean up all the mini games at once when i'm in the "rhythm". 

Oh god and I wanna start Yakuza....

What won't I do for the Baka Mitai song xD 

13 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I have Yakuza Kiwami thru PS Plus. But......a bit too time consuming for me to play right now.

I think i have yakuza 0 kiwami and kiwami 2 so far. Yakuza will be the first franchise i am getting into as soon as i am done with the backlog(or a part of it at least) 

58 minutes ago, Copanele said:

I think i have yakuza 0 kiwami and kiwami 2 so far. Yakuza will be the first franchise i am getting into as soon as i am done with the backlog(or a part of it at least) 

You said you were going to do Batman Arkham Origins and Cuphead. After those games I may suggest getting the stuff you find boring and dull out of the way first. Far Cry Primal, Bioshock Infinite (how people call this boring is beyond me), Duke Nukem Forever.

I found Primal incredibly boring, I personally felt Far Cry 4 was more enjoyable.

Darkstalkers..... just looking at those combos gives me a headache.

5 hours ago, Spaz said:

You said you were going to do Batman Arkham Origins and Cuphead. After those games I may suggest getting the stuff you find boring and dull out of the way first. Far Cry Primal, Bioshock Infinite (how people call this boring is beyond me), Duke Nukem Forever.

I found Primal incredibly boring, I personally felt Far Cry 4 was more enjoyable.

Darkstalkers..... just looking at those combos gives me a headache.

Well yeah i do Yakuza after the backlog which involved those games that I already started. I want to start Cuphead because i just love that game (even though the pacifist runs are kinda crap) and Batman Arkham Origins because its time xD I might get by mistake one piece 3 also out of the way, its my buffer game whenever i get tired of sf4. 

Bioshock infinite I should get into it and get it done, true. Far cry primal... Eh works. Played my share of ubisoft games (lmao) so with some cups of coffee i can cross this off the list as well. Duke nukem forever... Oh boy another trash one. But it shall be done. 

Honestly for Darkstalkers i feel like throwing in the towel. Nah those trials are... I don't even know what category to put them into. They are stupid to the max. 

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

I played some Watch Dogs the other night on an alt... got to say I don’t like the game. 

Both Watch Dogs games seem to target the hipster, I generally don’t like hipsters for a number of reasons. 

I didn't  like it either, just from the concept  I got the vibe of "how do you do fellow kids let me show you hacking n shietz".Was not all that impressed so I just straight up skipped it. Apart from Assassin's  Creed, I ain't investing in any more Ubisoft franchises. Don't have time for their cardboard story telling. Especially since they apparently wish to murder the Prince of Persia remake with that "quality"....just no. Ubisoft starts becoming Konami in terms of annoying its fanbase.

ANYWAY You gave me a good idea now, I will do a small summary of my backlog,see what I have to complete and whatnot. Let's see how doomed I am, putting them in a somewhat order of interest:

1.Ultra Street Fighter IV : working on it right now, as you might already know :dance:

2.One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 : my to-go game when I get too frustrated by  USF4. A VERY boring Musou game but eh...works when I have a podcast in the background.

3.Cuphead : To be added. I decided that I want it!

4. Batman Arkham Origins : I just want more Batman. Plus I should prioritize the PS3 games, not sure how much will the poor console hold out anyway. MK9 and Skyrim abuse took their toll.

5. Far Cry Primal : Alright, Imma do this neanderthallica game. Abit later.

6. Trine Enchanted Edition : this one will be like a breath of fresh air. 

7. Duke Nukem Forever : this one will be like a breath of crap. Honestly this one I'd ask someone to do it for me xD but I am hellbent on completing everything on my plate myself so YEAH!

8. Yu GI Oh Legacy of the Duellist : Even now and then I play a couple of YuGiOh matches. This is a rather simple 100%, but it takes a lot of time to do.a crapton of matches.

9. Samurai Shodown VI : i just need the MOOD to check the controls and the poor translations. Otherwise this is a rather simple game.

10.Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm : another super simple one, but I don't feel like arena fighting just yet.

11.Skullgirls 2nd Encore : I WANT THIS ONE AS A MILESTONE! Skullgirls is my love. So it will be attempted later.

12. Mount and Blade Warband : This is a hella good game, but it takes a huge amount of time invested. Will tackle it later.

13. Slain Back From Hell : Oh boy...this one is a doozy. I might do this one and Valfaris back to back, but I need the courage here xD since it's a platformer!

14. Braid : oh fuck this game's speedrun requirement. It's bullshit. I need a day when I am complete zen for this one.

15. BioShock Infinite : A good game but I never found the time for it. I need to dedicate myself to this

16. Shadow of Mordor : it's on PS3 and it runs like crap. Eh....one day

17. Mirror's Edge : hmm, I actually enjoy this one. Might move it up on the list, but not before the priority ones. It's another heavy investment game since I have to get good at running.

18. Catherine : I am scared of this game...many people say it's uber hard. Will have to discover that for myself. I loved the concept though!

19. Diablo III : My god. When i want to turn my brain off I will probably start Diablo 3, get one character done, ask someone to carry me with the other characters and do a grind and done. This ain't as fun as diablo 2.

20. Shadow of the Collossus : unpopular opinion but I REALLY DO NOT LIKE THIS GAME! Fuck's with those controls?

21. Overwatch : Might throw in the towel on this one. I hate boosting and you need 12 people for some stupid trophies. I don't know, I had fun with it but it's way too much work for what it's worth.

22. Darkstalkers : One day I dream that I will be as good as the gods of old. Another Throw in the towel, because Darkstalkers is the OG difficult trial mode.

23. Titan Quest : Currently unobtainable. Once they patch the game, I can get the 100% in 10 minutes tops.

24. PES2015 : Unobtainable. Did everything i could in offline mode.

I think that's it for all my backlog. So well...once I finish it (or at least a PART of it), I might get into Yakuza xD 

MEGA EDIT: Guides I have to finish but I am too lazy to do so

DmC Devil May Cry PS4 edition or whatever

Jotun

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 2

God what a list. I'll do my best to give you some tips.

22 minutes ago, Copanele said:

I didn't  like it either, just from the concept  I got the vibe of "how do you do fellow kids let me show you hacking n shietz".Was not all that impressed so I just straight up skipped it. Apart from Assassin's  Creed, I ain't investing in any more Ubisoft franchises. Don't have time for their cardboard story telling. Especially since they apparently wish to murder the Prince of Persia remake with that "quality"....just no. Ubisoft starts becoming Konami in terms of annoying its fanbase.

The Prince of Persia HD trilogy on the PS3 was a crappy porting job. All they did for the Ezio Trilogy on the PS4 was up the resolution and called it a day.

Didn't Assassin's Creed III and Assassin's Creed Liberation Remastered come with new bugs/glitches?

Looking forward to Prince of Persia 2008 when I play it.

Speaking of Konami, I want to play all the Metal Gear games, eventually. Pretty late to the party, but better late than never. Pretty sad with what happened to Konami.

24 minutes ago, Copanele said:

On my wishlist already. Going to do it legit without using the exploit.

4. Batman Arkham Origins : I just want more Batman. Plus I should prioritize the PS3 games, not sure how much will the poor console hold out anyway. MK9 and Skyrim abuse took their toll.

Would love to have this, but the online multiplayer steers me away from it.

26 minutes ago, Copanele said:

5. Far Cry Primal : Alright, Imma do this neanderthallica game. Abit later.

I felt this was pretty boring. All of the characters are very stereotypical, there is a Larry the Cable guy type character you come across that you have to do missions for.

Pretty much complete the story, do the sidecontent, take over territory in a medium size open world map. Rinse and repeat.

27 minutes ago, Copanele said:

6. Trine Enchanted Edition : this one will be like a breath of fresh air.

None of the puzzles are that hard. You will have to switch between the Wizard, Archer and the Knight on the fly eventually. The collectibles are highly missable and some are in well hidden places, so consort a YouTube guide to find them all.

28 minutes ago, Copanele said:

13. Slain Back From Hell : Oh boy...this one is a doozy. I might do this one and Valfaris back to back, but I need the courage here xD since it's a platformer!

This one will be difficult for you. Doing an entire playthrough without dying and defeating the Mother Beholder without losing any health? I can tell you right now that the Mother Beholder will likely take you a few hours to nail down.

30 minutes ago, Copanele said:

16. Shadow of Mordor : it's on PS3 and it runs like crap. Eh....one day

The trophy list is a bit annoying because you have to utilize the Nemesis system. The Level 25 Rune may take you a few tries. Other than that it's not too bad, though I can't say how the PS3 version runs because I never played it, and I won't bother with stacking this game again.

32 minutes ago, Copanele said:

19. Diablo III : My god. When i want to turn my brain off I will probably start Diablo 3, get one character done, ask someone to carry me with the other characters and do a grind and done. This ain't as fun as diablo 2.

I plan to do it legit. Not sure when I'm going to tackle this one.

• Like 1

Oh hell yeah. This is also a game that I will get at some point. Looks fantastic for sure!

MEGA EDIT: Guides I have to finish but I am too lazy to do so

DmC Devil May Cry PS4 edition or whatever

Jotun

Slacker.. :D Weren't you re-doing the Jotun fights? Seriously, as much as I like the game, I would not want to redo all of those no-power fights... holy hell those were frustrating at times. 

23 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Diablo III:

I plan to do it legit. Not sure when I'm going to tackle this one.

Well, using online coop to have characters be power-leveled is still doing it "legit". Trust me, it is a massive, MASSIVE grind to get 6 characters to level 70 if you don't power-level. And the game really isn't as good as Diablo II, so it is a very boring, massive grind. 

@Copanele The 500 missions can also be a bit painful, but if you do them in coop, you can have someone do different missions than yourself and they count for both. So you can basically quadruple the speed at which you do the missions by playing with 3 other players. That just as a small tip in case you want to speed things up :) 

Ever heard of Path of Exile? I might be doing that one very soon. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Well, using online coop to have characters be power-leveled is still doing it "legit". Trust me, it is a massive, MASSIVE grind to get 6 characters to level 70 if you don't power-level. And the game really isn't as good as Diablo II, so it is a very boring, massive grind. 

@Copanele The 500 missions can also be a bit painful, but if you do them in coop, you can have someone do different missions than yourself and they count for both. So you can basically quadruple the speed at which you do the missions by playing with 3 other players. That just as a small tip in case you want to speed things up :) 

This game gets a lot of co-op help, it's had a dedicated fanbase for the past 20 years.

Worst comes to worst the grind may be a bit too much, but the guide here suggests doing the Hardcore playthrough by yourself. I'll just have to see how that goes when I finally get around to this game.

36 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Oh hell yeah. This is also a game that I will get at some point. Looks fantastic for sure!

Slacker.. :D Weren't you re-doing the Jotun fights? Seriously, as much as I like the game, I would not want to redo all of those no-power fights... holy hell those were frustrating at times. 

Honestly I fired up Hagalaz and...NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE! Gotta take videos from youtube. Fuck it I am NOT going through that again.

And yeah I am a slacker sadly :( shame on me. DO PICK UP CUPHEAD THOUGH ITS AMAZING!

36 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Yeah...I don't wish to invest that much time in a game that I don't particularly enjoy. Had it been Diablo 2...oh boy I would have been all up in that hellhole xD but like that nah...

I know Path of Exile but I like to have a life thank you very much xD I don't want to invest time in that. Game's huge.

• Like 1

Ah quoting ! 

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Batman Arkham Origins : Would love to have this, but the online multiplayer steers me away from it.

Yeah, multiplayer is an ass. I had troubles with it and I have crazy good internet. You will tear your hair out with it(especially since you need 8 people to boost and servers could go down at any moment) so...best avoid it.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Far Cry Primal : I felt this was pretty boring. All of the characters are very stereotypical, there is a Larry the Cable guy type character you come across that you have to do missions for.

Pretty much complete the story, do the sidecontent, take over territory in a medium size open world map. Rinse and repeat.

That's my problem with it X_X . I started it but after 5 minutes ...BWAAAA not in mood of ANOTHER ubisoft game. AC Odyssey really burned me out.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Trine Enchanted Edition : None of the puzzles are that hard. You will have to switch between the Wizard, Archer and the Knight on the fly eventually. The collectibles are highly missable and some are in well hidden places, so consort a YouTube guide to find them all.

So far I am at level 7 I think and I remembered all the tricks from the PC version. Got this one in the bag. 

At least there's ONE platformer that I am good at xD 

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Slain Back From Hell : This one will be difficult for you. Doing an entire playthrough without dying and defeating the Mother Beholder without losing any health? I can tell you right now that the Mother Beholder will likely take you a few hours to nail down.

Yeah that one is a real problem for me. I am stuck at the bloodgrounds, trying to get the talisman without using powers. Holy fuck it's tough, since there's a stupid OP beholder that spawns. I wish to do 2 playthroughs but man it's HARD to pull.

Will have to find some strats for it. But I'll figure something out.

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Yeah...I don't wish to invest that much time in a game that I don't particularly enjoy. Had it been Diablo 2...oh boy I would have been all up in that hellhole xD but like that nah...

This was when my confidence in Blizzard started to decline.

After the bullshit that was Warcraft 3 Reforged, they have no idea what the fuck they're doing. Shame, because Blizzard Entertainment was an awesome PC game developer back in the day. Warcraft 3 (original), World of Warcraft, Starcraft, they were great.

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

I know Path of Exile but I like to have a life thank you very much xD I don't want to invest time in that. Game's huge.

If I was 16 - 18 years old again, this game would be right up my alley.

But in my 30s, I just don't have that kind of time and commitment anymore. Looks fucking great... wish they had this game 15 years ago.

26 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Yeah, multiplayer is an ass. I had troubles with it and I have crazy good internet. You will tear your hair out with it(especially since you need 8 people to boost and servers could go down at any moment) so...best avoid it.

They announced the server shutdown back in 2016 and it was supposed to shutdown at the end of that year.

ANYTHING can happen. At least there's Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate, even though it's a poor mans Arkham game.

28 minutes ago, Copanele said:

That's my problem with it X_X . I started it but after 5 minutes ...BWAAAA not in mood of ANOTHER ubisoft game. AC Odyssey really burned me out.

The story is shit. You get two enemies turned friends, and you're running around doing a collectathon.

I honestly don't know if I will ever pick up Far Cry 5 and Far Cry New Dawn. They are formulaic in every way possible.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey has a lot more going for it, so I will be doing that game in the near future.

So far I am at level 7 I think and I remembered all the tricks from the PC version. Got this one in the bag. 

At least there's ONE platformer that I am good at xD

You can do the other Trine games if you're up to them. Definitely enjoyed Trine: Enchanted Edition, good indie game from FrozenByte.

Yeah that one is a real problem for me. I am stuck at the bloodgrounds, trying to get the talisman without using powers. Holy fuck it's tough, since there's a stupid OP beholder that spawns. I wish to do 2 playthroughs but man it's HARD to pull.

Will have to find some strats for it. But I'll figure something out.

I would definitely do at least two playthroughs before I would go for the no death trophies and the no hit trophies. You can always back up your save to the cloud, so the trophy for beating the game without dying won't be so bad.

I'm a bit surprised you played this in the first place. I don't expect you to be a guy who plays 8 - bit/16 - bit era inspired titles.