Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

4 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Need to start Diablo 3 too @Copanele. I blame myself for getting into too many store sales. Ranting all day doesn't help either.

You will have to prepare yourself, this game looks BIG!!!!!! Like AC Odyssey /Nioh levels of big. And that's only trophy wise. 

I am not sure if i want to get carried by someone else through this game (since it can be done no problems apparently), i want to experiment every class. I think I will do my job 7 times longer like this xD

Anyhow imma tag you every time I find a point of interest! Wanna dip my toes big time now (and no I am not abandoning Shadow of Mordor either) 

Edited by Copanele

Just now, Copanele said:

You will have to prepare yourself, this game looks BIG!!!!!! Like AC Odyssey /Nioh levels of big. And that's only trophy wise. 

I am not sure if i want to get carried by someone else through this game (since it can be done no problems apparently), i want to experiment every class. I think I will do my job 7 times longer like this xD

Well it's comparable to Dark Souls, you can literally get all the trophies in a few short hours if you have people helping you. But since I decided to do it all solo, the game took me 70 - 80 hours to platinum, more or less. It was completely worth it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Well it's comparable to Dark Souls, you can literally get all the trophies in a few short hours if you have people helping you. But since I decided to do it all solo, the game took me 70 - 80 hours to platinum, more or less. It was completely worth it.

Solo is the way to play it. Although once you learn the layer of the game and how it's played you can power through ds1 like mad too. 

Ah now that you mentioned dark souls, i never finished my fist only sl1 run in dark souls 2. I really should make a priority list... 

3 hours ago, Copanele said:

@Arcesius I will have to summon your invaluable expertise about Diablo 3. I started tinkering with it again as a Necromancer, game finally starts to click abit but there's some questions that I have, now that I more or less understood the gist of it :

- how can I increase the difficulty? I am already on hard but the game is still super easy. How do i unlock the other modes? 

- are there missable trophies that can fuck me up big time? 

- I keep finding goblins that drop gold. Should i hunt for them? 

- finally, there's everywhere something about the bounty system and it's the grindiest part of the game (I think?) i dont really understand how that works. 

- all trophies can be achieved offline right? 

Sorry if I asked these questions a long while back but I cant find the replies anymore xD I wish to eventually start this chonky game and be done with it, so I can have a nice proper list :3 

Did someone summon me?

Ah, Diablo 3... I see you have the exact same questions Mori and I had when we played the game... ?

- The higher difficulties unlock much later. For Master, you need to finish the game with one character. It is possible that you only need to finish Act IV, since that's what the "base game" was pre-DLC, but I'm not entirely sure. For Torment, you need to reach level 70 with one class. 

But yes, the game is braindead easy... We couldn't believe it either... And I had played the game already on the X360 and didn't remember it being THAT stupidly easy. You can just spam whatever, and I didn't use a single health potion until Act IV (where I concidentally also died for the first time, but that was stupidity during the one boss fight). 

So yes, I would recommend always playing on the highest available difficulty, at least until you unlock the higher Torment tiers (there you have to be a bit more careful...)

- There is chapter select and even mission select, so no, there are no real missable trophies. 

- You need to kill 100 of those fuckers for a trophy. It is one of the last trophies I got, they are pretty rare ? so yeah, absolutely! If you can spot one, go kill it! Though there is a semi-decent farming method if you are really desperate. 

- When you select a mission IN ADVENTURE MODE, you will see that some missions have a bounty symbol. Just complete the objective to successfully finish the bounty. Those objectives are usually stuff like "kill this special dude".

Bounties don't appear during the campaign, so you shouldn't care about it for now. 

- Yeah you can do everything offline. 

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

You are probably not talking about Diablo 3 anymore, right? No way you are comparing that game to Dark Souls... ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Beautiful  advice quote

God bless yer heart, you saved me from a LOT of worries! So basically go unga bunga throughout the game and worry about the bounties later. Whatever moves, dies.

Whew!

Ok what Spaz meant kinda makes some sense, especially if you go into Dark Souls WITHOUT knowing shit and WITHOUT trying to co-op and WITHOUT (holy caps lock batman) looking up the most optimal way. It can take a fuckton of time to grind for all those weapons. Especially if you go for NG+2 and can't help yourself but replay that sweet sweet Artorias of the Abyss DLC.

Yes with help you can both platinum diablo 3 and dark souls way faster, but if you go solo it will take way more time (although DS is still way faster than Diablo 3 or Nioh 1)

Not gonna comment over the difficulty differences xD

• Like 1

Ok, also will post here since this is more or less my beautiful space where I just pile up my own shit.

I revived my Dark Souls 2 SL1 Fist Only run today after some long ass hiatus. Managed to demolish Smelter Demon and Old Iron King.

If anyone is interested in these kinds of runs here's the Smelter Demon Video

And this is my (incomplete) playlist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=694ydBvktnU&list=PLJ7gyNCnDXxRKs7R5PnxlS-TXwY7BEFM2&ab_channel=Copanele

That's all. Back to the trophies :D 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Spaz said:

@Copanele and @Arcesius, I know enough about the Souls to do them solo. Even if someone struggles, they can easily overlevel their character. 

For Nioh and Nioh 2? Yeah, they look pretty tough. Just wanting some advice from you guys to a possible newcomer.

So for Nioh 1, all I can say for now is :

- start the game and slowly learn which weapon suits you best

- onmyo magic slow and various debuffs will be good in way of the samurai.

- human enemies can be headshotted and then stabbed for huge amounts of damage

- equipment doesn't matter until you get to the green stuff (that's around DLC1)

- make sure you learn and master the blacksmith. It is easily the most difficult part of the game and also the one that will keep you alive. Soul matching, forging, the ones where you switch your stats for Umbracite (Arcesius help me here please you remember better) are VITAL for Way of the Strong and Way of the Demon.

- you will need Way of the Strong equipment for DLC2 and DLC3 in Way of the Samurai. 

- LW build(Living Weapon, sort of a limited invincibility mode) is the hidden easy mode if you wish to blitz through the game, just because you can abuse that mechanic

Basically....start the game and experiment. There's a fuckload of information about Nioh so take it step by step. That's for Nioh 1 at least xD 

Worry about builds and whatnot after you finish the main campaign. Way of the Demon (basically NG++) is where things go spicy

I rocked with a Damage from behind Katana because I am a nasty person.

• Like 1

@Arcesius basically told me people can cheese the first Nioh, but when they jump into Nioh 2 they get wrecked. I was told the DLC is where things really get rough.

It definitely sounds like the developers had played and were inspired by the Souls games, then took it a step further with both Nioh and Nioh 2. Build qualities are a lot more important and the games are designed more around co op. I think that is why some people struggle so much in getting through them, a lot more so than they would with a Souls game. 

The Souls games have so many guides and walkthroughs available they aren’t that hard to beat, even if you never played them before. With Nioh and Nioh 2, they are dare I say a tad more niche. They look and feel so much like the Souls, but at the same time there is a lot that is wildly different. 

They attract the more hardcore and dedicated Souls player. I’m just a casual Souls player, no SL1 runs or doing some insane task like beating NG+7 in Bloodborne with inferior equipment.

D3 is not bad to platinum probably. I played the game day one on pc and back then it would be rough. Now I jump in every now and then playing the seasons, played about 6 of them. From level 1 to torment 10 took about 1 season of The Black List. Pretty easy to play mindlessly. 

If someone is willing to help you can get power leveled pretty fast, but really it's not required and if it's your first playthrough, you should level yourself to learn the characters. 

Witch doctor is ftw!

Edited by Grotz99

@Spaz that is correct. I would say that Nioh somehow blended the souls like formula with gameplay madness like ninja gaiden (minus jumping) and set farming from the ARPG of old. True, Nioh 2 eliminated the cheese stuff but you also have more options and that makes the game easier, or rather more fair ; Nioh1 has a lot of bullshit moments not gonna lie, I mean people who loathe the game aren't 100% wrong in every aspect xD game can be cheap even with the perfect build. But once you figure out the game... Woo boy! 

The reason why you won't find many good guides with Nioh is because the game was patched and many sets were either buffed or nerfed so not everything stands. 

@Grotz99 I got to level 29 with the necromancer so far and finally.. This game starts to be fun. It is still easy as sin and most of the mechanics don't make sense yet, but I am slowly learning. 

I like however the difficulty factor. I have Expert unlocked and woo boy I am drowning in experience xD no time to waste! 

Just now, Spaz said:

Okay, first game that pops in my mind is Diablo 2, probably the greatest and most epic ARPG of all time.

There has never been a greater one sadly xD There was even a time where games tried to be "diablo-killers". Sacred and Titan Quest were CLOSE but they couldn't dethrone the king.

I don't know what worked so well at that game but my god it was mesmerizing.

3 minutes ago, Copanele said:

There has never been a greater one sadly xD There was even a time where games tried to be "diablo-killers". Sacred and Titan Quest were CLOSE but they couldn't dethrone the king.

I don't know what worked so well at that game but my god it was mesmerizing.

I was lucky because I'm an American and Blizzard is based in Irvine, California, really not too far from where I live. So back then shipments of the game were basically brand new, like they were just made days and weeks prior.

I still remember back in 2000 - 2002 (don't remember exactly) and seeing an entire table stacked with copies of Diablo 2 at Costco Foods. Even back then Costco sold electronics and many other products. It took a long time for me to get the game because growing up, my mother was against me playing M rated games. She was one of those parents who strictly followed the ESRB ratings and the TV ratings (TV G, TV Y7, TV PG, TV 14, TV MA). When I finally got the game, I had a real fucking blast playing it.

Loads of fun. Back when Blizzard was an awesome company.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Spaz said:

@Copanele and @Arcesius, I know enough about the Souls to do them solo. Even if someone struggles, they can easily overlevel their character. 

For Nioh and Nioh 2? Yeah, they look pretty tough. Just wanting some advice from you guys to a possible newcomer.

11 hours ago, Copanele said:

So for Nioh 1, all I can say for now is :

- start the game and slowly learn which weapon suits you best

- onmyo magic slow and various debuffs will be good in way of the samurai.

- human enemies can be headshotted and then stabbed for huge amounts of damage

- equipment doesn't matter until you get to the green stuff (that's around DLC1)

- make sure you learn and master the blacksmith. It is easily the most difficult part of the game and also the one that will keep you alive. Soul matching, forging, the ones where you switch your stats for Umbracite (Arcesius help me here please you remember better) are VITAL for Way of the Strong and Way of the Demon.

- you will need Way of the Strong equipment for DLC2 and DLC3 in Way of the Samurai. 

- LW build(Living Weapon, sort of a limited invincibility mode) is the hidden easy mode if you wish to blitz through the game, just because you can abuse that mechanic

Basically....start the game and experiment. There's a fuckload of information about Nioh so take it step by step. That's for Nioh 1 at least xD 

Worry about builds and whatnot after you finish the main campaign. Way of the Demon (basically NG++) is where things go spicy

I think Copanele already gave good advice here :) Really, if you are new to Nioh, just starting out... there is no need to already inform yourself about builds and stuff... The first playthrough will feel very similar to your first DS playthrough in terms of experimentation, difficulty curve, etc... 

Just try out different weapons to find the one you want to use, and slowly play through NG. There are a fuckton of missions, so there is enough time to get used to the combat system. Learn what stance to use against which enemy, learn to Ki-pulse (and later Ki-dodge, if you will) perfectly, learn how to use active skills... I would also point out that blocking in Nioh plays a different role than in Souls. You don't need a Shield, you can block with your weapon, and you also should. 

Also, even if you don't play a mage, investing at least a tiny bit in Omnyo Magic can make your life way easier. Having the possibility of creating elemental resistance talismans, or lowering your opponent's defense for a short while can be extremely helpful in battle. 

Whenever you enter a new region, DON'T FORGET TO ACTIVATE THE KODAMA'S BLESSING. I personally always go for the one that increases the drop chance of Elixers... that way, I never had to farm for a single second. 

Nioh can be overwhelming at first. But the good news is that to beat NG you don't need to understand every single intricacy of its game systems. Just learn the game slowly and you'll be fine. Once you are done with the base game, move onto NG+, which is pretty much more of the same. Once you have unlocked NG++.... NOW is where the game starts. Things change drastically here, but at this point you will have a basic understanding on how the game works. All your equipment will be obsolete once you reach this point. 

As for the DLC... I never bothered doing them on NG, neither in Nioh nor Nioh 2. I just played them straight on NG++. Is this a good idea? I dunno, I'm just masochistic like that. 

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Nioh 2 eliminated the cheese stuff but you also have more options and that makes the game easier, or rather more fair

There is still some cheese to be found tbh. One of the strongest builds for instance is a Bow build that can basically one-shot any boss, even on DotD ? BUT, it takes a ton of farming to get that build to work... the LW weapon builds in Nioh were basically non-effort builds. I'm just saying, you can still break the game. In a game with THAT many options, synergies, perks, ... there will always be something to be exploited. Which is why the devs also keep nerfing stuff, and have many players complaining that they take the fun away from the game by doing so. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Whenever you enter a new region, DON'T FORGET TO ACTIVATE THE KODAMA'S BLESSING. I personally always go for the one that increases the drop chance of Elixers... that way, I never had to farm for a single second. 

There is still some cheese to be found tbh. One of the strongest builds for instance is a Bow build that can basically one-shot any boss, even on DotD 1f602.png BUT, it takes a ton of farming to get that build to work... the LW weapon builds in Nioh were basically non-effort builds. I'm just saying, you can still break the game. In a game with THAT many options, synergies, perks, ... there will always be something to be exploited. Which is why the devs also keep nerfing stuff, and have many players complaining that they take the fun away from the game by doing so. 

I bolded that because IT'S SO GODDAMN IMPORTANT! I always forgot to activate the stupid blessings and ran out of elixirs as consequence. That one is the only blessing that matters

And yeah I heard there are some cheesy tactics in Nioh 2, but you have to work for it. In Nioh 1, get that LW duration increase and a fuckton of amrita shards and go wild.

Also playing DLCs on NG++ is madness xD I did that in Dark Souls 3 too, fighting Midir on NG+2 was painful to the max. NG was too easy after that however.

• Like 1

Ok I will do a good note here about how to break Diablo III ( @Spaz you might like this, for your future run). This is only for Solo builds, for people who don't like to co-op , like me :D 

- pick the Necromancer, he's the really best choice in this game. Other characters are fine too but we are going for 100%. Necromancer it is.

- progress through the game. Focus on curses, skeletons and skeleton mages. Those are the main damage dealers. Corpses focus on explosion in the beginning, then switch to aura devour for that sweet sweet mana regen by corpse eaten.

- the best combo for this build (for the beginner who doesn't want to invest much in the game) is Skeletal Mage + Singularity rune(use all mana for an OP mage, you can spam mages), Frailty Curse + Scent of Blood (enemies take 15% more damage from summons) and Command Skeletons + Freezing Grasp (sending them to attack freezes the target). For primary attack anything works, I personally use the Bone Spikes + Sudden Impact (stun enemies). It will make sense once you progress through the game, you are super duper OP anyway.

- Weapons are "Stat sticks". The more numbers, the better the damage. You can literally wield an axe and call it a wand, it doesn't matter.

- Try your best to save as many legendary items as you can find. Don't destroy them ,store them away. They will come in handy later.

ONCE YOU REACH LEVEL 70 , this is the place to go. It's time to farm rifts. 

- You have 2 types of rifts, accessible from an Obelisk in every town. Regular rifts where you have to kill enemies until a boss appears(shown by a bar) and Greater Rifts where you have to do the same thing but under a 15 minutes timer limit. If you don't manage to fill the bar before the boss spawns, you fail the rift(I guess). A regular rift usually drops 2 keys that are used in order to open Great Rifts

- There's 2 gems that you need from the Great Rift boss only : Legacy of Dream and Gem of Ease. Each Gem can be improved 3 times (4, if you didn't die once) at the end of the rift from a NPC that spawns in the Rift. You have a percentage success rate, that increases with the Rift difficulty (rather easy to figure out).

Legacy of Dream increases the damage dealt with x% by the number of Legendary items on you (Set effects disable that ,so make sure you don't wear more than 1 Green item). At gem level 25 you get around 97% damage increase. Suffice to say, it turns you into a meat grinder and the enemies are the meat. I can 2 shot the Rift Boss and complete Rifts in 3-4 minutes. Shitty part is that this gem can be put on rings only.

Gem of Ease is the platinum saver. It gives 500 extra experience and this experience grows per rank. However if you reach rank 25 with Gem of Ease, if you socket it into a weapon IT REMOVES THE WEAPON LEVEL REQUIREMENT

- Main conclusion , you need 3 items : A Socketed Leoric Crown (first legendary that you will ever get in Act 1), a Socketed super OP weapon (you will drown in them by the end of the rift farming) and a socketed ring, as low level as possible. Slap the best red gem you can find on the Leoric Crown (gives mega exp, you will have a fuckton of red gems), slap the Gem of Ease into the OP Weapon and the Legacy of Dream gem into the ring. Transfer all of them via the Stash and Voila, you can level up all your characters and trash the entire game no problem :D 

- You cannot transfer between Regular and Hardcore characters apparently, so that one sucks :( but still, it's a nice way to get all your characters to level 70 as soon as possible by the time you reach Area 3 or something.

Never had to use the Horadric cube, no idea what's it for. It asks me for resources so fuck that.

Never had to bother too much with items. Just found a ring that lets me spawn 2 skeleton mages instead of 1, so that's where my Legacy of Dream gem went. It's OP.

Curse the fuckers, spam mages, spam skeletons, one shot everything. This game is like Serious Sam on easy mode xD 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Thats really solid advice when i get to my run in the future. I think when I was playing before I was a tank build. I usually use an archer type for my Diablo games since they are the most mobile and dont get overwhelmed. This time I did it different. 

I Really hope it helps! Of course this is not a point by point optimized build, it's something i discovered in these 4 days i was playing and seems to be the fastest way to get around without getting lost in perks and stats. I do not enjoy this game as much as I did enjoy diablo 2 so I just wish to clear it out quick and clean! 

Also forgot to mention. After  you reach lvl 70, when you level up you get paragon points that you can put in a big fat table with extra stuff. Those paragon stats go across all characters, so make sure you buff that bad boy. I am level 80 paragon and i didn't have to struggle even. 

• Like 1

Are you guys talking about OG Diablo 3 or Reaper of Souls on PS4? I'm sitting at 88% plat/75% 100% completion and starting to have that itch to get back into it. 

I remember when I first bought it, I was convinced I'd struggle with my hardcore run. Demon Hunter says otherwise. I came really, really, REALLY close to dying once, and the worst part was it was my very first time streaming on twitch, lol 

4 hours ago, Spaz said:

That's a LOT of information. I'll take it all in mind when I get around to this game.

I know it seems like a lot, but trust me it will all make sense once you finish the game one time. Thought to write it here as condensed as possible because the online guides... Well.. They are super detailed and you can get lost in them :D

3 hours ago, SnowStorm said:

Are you guys talking about OG Diablo 3 or Reaper of Souls on PS4? I'm sitting at 88% plat/75% 100% completion and starting to have that itch to get back into it. 

I remember when I first bought it, I was convinced I'd struggle with my hardcore run. Demon Hunter says otherwise. I came really, really, REALLY close to dying once, and the worst part was it was my very first time streaming on twitch, lol 

I am talking about Reaper of Souls :D i am glad you mentioned Demon Hunter since I wish to do that for a Hardcore run! Thanks for confirming that the game ain't tough even on hardcore!