Speed Run Difficulty Poll (Revised)

VoidVictorious

Speed run Difficulty   

15 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-10 how difficult is this trophy. Do not vote without explaining why.

This poll is closed to new votes

18 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Instead of posting 2 polls that dont seem to be getting the desired results,  and posting in 2 of the other 3 threads related to speed running and not getting any answers (I'm not sure anyone can actually answer your question because it's all relative to your abilities), might I suggest playing it on a dummy account and seeing for yourself?

I closed one poll because it was too subjective. Difficulty is a question that is posted in threads all the time. Please only post in this thread if you intend to vote and explain your vote.

Edited by VoidVictorious

13 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Well, it's not a 1... 

I put six. It's a decent level of skill, but more about memorization. Messing up on certain levels can be extremely detrimental. 

Thanks for the honest vote! You have always been responsive when I have a question and have been nice doing so. I want you to know that means a lot!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

For me, easy explanation. I hate time trials related trophies and speedruns. 

Consider I've done Resident evil 7 with a speedrun video guide after completing it 2 times already... And I guess you understood my very bad and awful attitude with time limited trophies lol

So you’re giving it a 10 because you didn’t like it? 

Would you guys stick to the goal of the thread? I am looking for an accurate number based on opinion of difficulty encountered with actual play and a small explanation as to why you voted the way you did. I am really depending on the community for honest feedback on this trophy and so far I have received one honest response with a vote. It’s kind of disappointing.

I have only asked people to vote and briefly explain their response. I am not sure why people are trolling this poll, but I am asking out of common courtesy to please not do that. I read threads everyday where people seek a less toxic community. Purposely sabotaging another person is toxic. This is a good site but it is defined by its members. Please don’t do me or this site a disservice. Thanks.

Edited by VoidVictorious

Haven't played the game, but I am familiar with what it is.

Trophy is 2.50% rarity on PSNP and 1.4% on PSN. If we take into account that the game is not one with massive casual ownership, that would put it somewhere in the 6-7 difficulty bracket. It'll give you a challenge but it's clearly something that's doable with enough dedication and practice (and we're not talking about putting 40 to 100 hours into a single trophy here).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IDiivil said:

Haven't played the game, but I am familiar with what it is.

Trophy is 2.50% rarity on PSNP and 1.4% on PSN. If we take into account that the game is not one with massive casual ownership, that would put it somewhere in the 6-7 difficulty bracket. It'll give you a challenge but it's clearly something that's doable with enough dedication and practice (and we're not talking about putting 40 to 100 hours into a single trophy here).

So minimal time and practice should do it? By the way thanks for contributing to my thread!

Edited by VoidVictorious

10 based on the criteria you have stipulated...

4-5 based on actually playing the game and putting in a bit of practise.

overall it’s not too difficult with only a few problematic areas.

but yeah based on a newcomer trying to speedrun id say a 10 because there’s no way a new player would beat the requirements 

7 minutes ago, sn3akysaxo said:

10 based on the criteria you have stipulated...

4-5 based on actually playing the game and putting in a bit of practise.

overall it’s not too difficult with only a few problematic areas.

but yeah based on a newcomer trying to speedrun id say a 10 because there’s no way a new player would beat the requirements 

Oh no, I wouldn’t expect getting it on my first shot. I just want to make sure this isn’t the type of game that takes 30-40 hours of practice for one trophy.

5/10 probably. 

Just got the trophy a couple of days ago, and it's not too bad. I came back to this game after a 5-year break, so I had to spend some time getting used to the controls and memorizing the puzzles. Pretty much the most important thing is to remember how to solve each puzzle without wasting any time on thinking about it. It's not too bad, since you can pause the game and use videos to remind yourself of the upcoming puzzles. There's faster and riskier moves you can do, and during your first couple of runs, see what you can consistently do. I still failed my first two runs, each of them being a couple seconds more than an hour. But my third run was under 42 mins. It'll take some time and practice, but it's still doable in a dedicated day.

I recommend this vid as a guide, since there's commentaries, plus they don't use any glitches or hard-to-perform actions 

• Like 1

Considering what you wrote in the description it's definitely a 10. If you are a newcomer, minimal practice and few tries you'll rate it 1???

Sure, that's why it is an ultra rare. <Sarcasm off>

The only reason for me to be less than 7 is if you are a platform expert, let's say getting the Orbs in Guacameele are an one out of ten for you.

4 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

Considering what you wrote in the description it's definitely a 10. If you are a newcomer, minimal practice and few tries you'll rate it 1???

Sure, that's why it is an ultra rare. <Sarcasm off>

The only reason for me to be less than 7 is if you are a platform expert, let's say getting the Orbs in Guacameele are an one out of ten for you.

I think you missed the point of the scale. A 1 would fit that description (essentially turning on the game and playing guarantees a trophy) and anything beyond that scales higher. If it helps think 1 (easy to no skill) 5 (medium) and 10 (very difficult) as objective marks.

4 hours ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

5/10 probably. 

Just got the trophy a couple of days ago, and it's not too bad. I came back to this game after a 5-year break, so I had to spend some time getting used to the controls and memorizing the puzzles. Pretty much the most important thing is to remember how to solve each puzzle without wasting any time on thinking about it. It's not too bad, since you can pause the game and use videos to remind yourself of the upcoming puzzles. There's faster and riskier moves you can do, and during your first couple of runs, see what you can consistently do. I still failed my first two runs, each of them being a couple seconds more than an hour. But my third run was under 42 mins. It'll take some time and practice, but it's still doable in a dedicated day.

I recommend this vid as a guide, since there's commentaries, plus they don't use any glitches or hard-to-perform actions 

Thank you for the helpful post, those have been rare responses to my question so I really appreciate it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

I think you missed the point of the scale. A 1 would fit that description (essentially turning on the game and playing guarantees a trophy) and anything beyond that scales higher. If it helps think 1 (easy to no skill) 5 (medium) and 10 (very difficult) as objective marks.

Thank you for the helpful post, those have been rare responses to my question so I really appreciate it.

Excuse me but if the original description (which was the description for the whole poll, not an example) was wrong it's not my fault. I did not miss the point. Otherwise why you deleted the whole thing now?

You know, we are in a trophy hunter website, it's not crazy that someone ask for easy trophy lists or how easy is to beat speedruns for a newbie, not everyone is a completionist, hardcore gamer or only hunts ultrarare trophies.

15 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Excuse me but if the original description (which was the description for the whole poll, not an example) was wrong it's not my fault. I did not miss the point. Otherwise why you deleted the whole thing now?

You know, we are in a trophy hunter website, it's not crazy that someone ask for easy trophy lists or how easy is to beat speedruns for a newbie, not everyone is a completionist, hardcore gamer or only hunts ultrarare trophies.

I think it was unclear. I could tell that you and some others misunderstood it and I changed the description of the poll to match what I meant more clearly. No one said it was your fault.

To clarify, I was trying to gauge the objective difficulty of this trophy for an average gamer.

To further clarify, I meant someone that is not Super Meat Boy level but also someone that has played and succeeded with platform games in the past. This was not a poll to see if it could be accomplished with little effort. This was a poll to see if it could be accomplished with effort by almost anybody with time and practice.

I am just trying to get a consensus in this thread. I am not here to start or participate in an argument.

Edited by VoidVictorious
  • Like 1

Not voted, but it's honestly not that difficult. The reason for this is that you can pause the game, watch a YouTube video before the start of each level, knowing exactly what to do in each stage. Do the game legit once beforehand and this will be an easy task. You can even practice the levels you struggle with after a full speedrun attempt, as the game is rather open.

It's like 4/10 difficulty, but with just some time put into it, you can easily argue it's like 3/10 in terms of doability.

The reason it's not easier is because the time is pretty tight, and you got little time to screw around.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1