Mgs4 online

SKyZoX9

1 minute ago, SKyZoX9 said:

Didnt understand, is the platinium still doable or not ? I read some guides and didnt find any connexion between online mode and the plat + dont know the game so it doesnt help :(

Yes the Platinum is doable. No need to worry about any multiplayer or online stuff.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

Online ended in 2012 as I recall. 

Officially, but it's still playable unofficially. Search for SaveMGO, you could even still download all DLC for the main game (warning: it only works with the physical edition)

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

The only games of the series that have online trophies are Peace Walker (4 trophies, 3 of them are quick, all of them can be earned in 2 - 4 hours or less according to some people; 3 require other people.) and The Phantom Pain (1 trophy, it can be earned against the com during an online event or against people, either way it easy as it will pop upon starting the mission, but you'll need to have completed mission 21 or 22 from singleplayer for FOB invasions to be available).

The Phantom Pain has an online mode where clans battle each other, but that doesn't have trophies.

MGS1 doesn't have trophies nor the 2-D original MSX2 Metal Gear games, I advise playing at least MGS1.

MGS3 comes with the first two MSX2 games. The Legacy Collection brings everything except The Phantom Pain, however MGS1 comes in a code.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

The only games of the series that have online trophies are Peace Walker (4 trophies, 3 of them are quick, all of them can be earned in 2 - 4 hours or less according to some people; 3 require other people.) and The Phantom Pain (1 trophy, it can be earned against the com during an online event or against people, either way it easy as it will pop upon starting the mission, but you'll need to have completed mission 21 or 22 from singleplayer for FOB invasions to be available).

Peace Walker is the only one I'm concerned about. Three of the four online trophies look pretty easy, but I hear the Vic Vos trophy has you earning a certain amount of points, whatever they're called. Plus if you play with too many people you could end up with less of those points.

Yeah, Vic Vos can take time and you can't play with too many people or people will be removed from your player list along with any points you gained with that player. Just find a good boosting group and stay together. It is highly recommended to get all the single player stuff done so you'll have all the missions and gear unlocked. It will make grinding points a lot quicker as all the end game weapons will make it easier to complete co-op missions quickly.

Edited by Seraphim_Rez
grammer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Spaz said:

Peace Walker is the only one I'm concerned about. Three of the four online trophies look pretty easy, but I hear the Vic Vos trophy has you earning a certain amount of points, whatever they're called. Plus if you play with too many people you could end up with less of those points.

Set or join a boosting session, have at least one person with both Railgun and Dynamo equipped. Play a 4 people match on Extra Ops 091. Check the strategy "Peace Walker Camaraderie Railgun Method" on Youtube. Follow the steps, repeat as many times as necessary. It usually takes between 11 to 13 replays of that mission to get "Vic Voss" if you all do it right. You can equip other players items, so all you should be charging the railgun whenever possible.

Edited by Deceptrox

19 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

Set or join a boosting session, have at least one person with both Railgun and Dynamo equipped. Play a 4 people match on Extra Ops 091. Check the strategy "Peace Walker Camaraderie Railgun Method" on Youtube. Follow the steps, repeat as many times as necessary. It usually takes between 11 to 13 replays of that mission to get "Vic Voss" if you all do it right. You can equip other players items, so all you should be charging the railgun whenever possible.

If the mission is fairly short, that’s a good thing. 

I just want online done for a few PS3 games I have, since online is typically dead at this point for most titles.