Pro tip: use the speed class

Any news here?

obviously it’s the best class for most tracks, alongside with acceleration.

I always used Advanced while playing online and most time I came in first place. Now I switched to Advanced just for my favorite characters - and it plays similar. The worst class (even unplayable) class is Beginners, even for starters. The Kart doesn’t drift properly and handling it is similar to other classes. It’s just great when not drifting, but, who isn’t drifting in this game.

I found some glitches (specially with missiles) that makes all stats a parody -_- 

Edited by TurtlePM

• 2 years later...
On 8/24/2019 at 10:45 AM, TurtlePM said:

Any news here?

obviously it’s the best class for most tracks, alongside with acceleration.

I always used Advanced while playing online and most time I came in first place. Now I switched to Advanced just for my favorite characters - and it plays similar. The worst class (even unplayable) class is Beginners, even for starters. The Kart doesn’t drift properly and handling it is similar to other classes. It’s just great when not drifting, but, who isn’t drifting in this game.

I found some glitches (specially with missiles) that makes all stats a parody -_- 

i dont see any beginner class. are you talking about under driving style i see acceleration but not beginner. its classic, turn, balanced, acceleration, speed, drift, 

also i dont understand why they have drivers with different classes, and then a category of driving style with classes. are you picking 2 essentially?

12 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

i dont see any beginner class. are you talking about under driving style i see acceleration but not beginner. its classic, turn, balanced, acceleration, speed, drift, 

also i dont understand why they have drivers with different classes, and then a category of driving style with classes. are you picking 2 essentially?

They changed the way that the system worked about a month and a half after the post you replied to. The stats used to be divided by character classes, and each character was assigned one of them. (Ex. Crash was balanced, Polar was turn, Coco was acceleration, Tiny was speed.)

On October 4th, these stats were removed from the characters and made selectable on anyone. You could have a turn Tiny or a speed Coco. It didn't matter what character you had and you could do whatever.

Drift and Classic were also introduced for the first time this patch, so those weren't a thing before. Classic though just gives you whatever their default was before, which is confusing but whatever. Drift therefore is not a default for any original characters, but was given to King Chicken, Hasty, and the Iron Checkpoint Crate.

The details are listed in a blog post here: https://blog.activision.com/crash-bandicoot/2019-10/Spooky-Grand-Prix-has-come-to-Crash-Team-Racing-Nitro-Fueled