With My Devil Dogs - still no solution?

So I'm in Australia. Horrible internet to start with lol, but I've been using the 2 PS3 method recently and I'm now able to join a friend without an issue. Using 1 PS3 I'm unable join anyone (Australia or otherwise). I have also used a wired connection with 1 PS3 both before and after using the 2 PS3 method. I will mess around with my router/internet settings and try a second wired connection. I will update everyone here if I'm successful.

On 18.02.2020 at 0:18 AM, IAMERORR said:

So I'm in Australia. Horrible internet to start with lol, but I've been using the 2 PS3 method recently and I'm now able to join a friend without an issue. Using 1 PS3 I'm unable join anyone (Australia or otherwise). I have also used a wired connection with 1 PS3 both before and after using the 2 PS3 method. I will mess around with my router/internet settings and try a second wired connection. I will update everyone here if I'm successful.

Hope you can get it =) I am already doubt, that people. who recently get this torphy get it legit. No offense.

Oh well... I tried the "solution" outlined in the boosting thread:

On 3.12.2018 at 3:18 PM, VirtualNight said:

With my Devil Dogs trophy: since the squads are completely random, you need 4 people and an empty conquest lobby. Invite your friend/second ps3 to your squad (if a friends, he or you have to switch to nat 1 for easy connecting), now have one of the booster search conquest ascension, and join him, if the joining order is USA-RU-RU this will work. Now the 4th person joins and immediately take all flags, the match will end and the trophy will pop.

And - well, why am I even surprised? - it doesn't work. I managed to get into an empty server with my dummy and two different dummies on the opposite team (all in the same network) in the exact same way as mentioned above. While capturing the last flag a random joined (opposite team). The match ended with only my dummy and my main in the same squad and (winning) team. My other two dummies + the random in the opposite team. Server did not crash until a few seconds into the next match (so the full match was over), when I already left with my main out of frustration, because this damn trophy just refuses to pop... ? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, woggly4 said:

Oh well... I tried the "solution" outlined in the boosting thread:

And - well, why am I even surprised? - it doesn't work. I managed to get into an empty server with my dummy and two different dummies on the opposite team (all in the same network) in the exact same way as mentioned above. While capturing the last flag a random joined (opposite team). The match ended with only my dummy and my main in the same squad and (winning) team. My other two dummies + the random in the opposite team. Server did not crash until a few seconds into the next match (so the full match was over), when I already left with my main out of frustration, because this damn trophy just refuses to pop... 1f623.png 

The post was from 2018 maybe it worked then.

Yes. You'll get one or all of the following responses: "It's a problem with your network", "This game isn't supported anymore", "It's not our fault, ask Sony".

Replace "Sony" with "EA" in the last one and you have the responses of Sony.

Edited by woggly4
  • Like 3

On 16.2.2020 at 3:57 PM, woggly4 said:

Does anyone know, if this bug is also present on Xbox? Maybe it's not a problem with EA but Sony. 

To answer my own question, I bought two used Xbox360s and tested it. The achievement unlocked just fine on both accounts on first try (not simultaneously of course)! As soon as the "Attackers won"-screen appeared, the achievement unlocked. Now it gets quite technical.

I couldn't capture the network traffic of the first unlock because I was on NAT1 on the Main and via LTE on the Dummy. But I managed to play a game with both NAT2 (same network) behind my router so I could capture the second unlock.

There is nothing suspicious or helping because the traffic is mostly encrypted due to cheating prevention. The only thing that seems to be unencrypted is meta data like player's on the server while joining and stuff like that) and I only noticed a clear string of "AC08", captured on the unlock timestamp - could be Achievement08 but maybe just a coincidence. But there are differences between Xbox360 and PS3:

1. The invitation is handled via Xbox360 dashboard, there is no "send invite" in the custom match lobby, so maybe it is a problem with the communication system of PSN. (unlikely, because we can join matches together, but who knows what they've changed with the release of PS4)
  2. The Xbox360s connect to different IP addresses even though both Xboxes are playing on the same server! Both PS3 connect to the same IP address.
  3. Both Xbox360's game server IP addresses are hosted by "Bioware Ireland Ltd". PS3's server is hosted by "Electronic Arts". But: All three IP addresses are located in Chatsworth, California. But it gets even weirder, because the IP address of the Xbox360 dummy is also a registered EU server for NHL16 (eu1nhl16psg001.ea.com)
  4. Xbox360 communicates through port 3074 on both ends (seems to be used on most Xbox online games), PS3 through 11028 server side and 10000 client side (I don't know if this changes from session to session because it's a dynamic port number)

Well, the above is not entirely helpful (?) in the current situation but maybe someone wants to dig deeper. And: Now we know that it's definitely not bugged on Xbox - maybe this is because it is in the backward compatibility program and people can play it on the Xbox1, so they changed the server structure or... It's just working.

Edit:

I did a third Xbox360-try to have another network capture and it still unlocked just fine. In case you're wondering: The match lasted over 30 minutes and the achievement still unlocked with two other achievements, so the idea of finishing the match as fast as possible shouldn't change a thing. Furthermore, it still connected to two different IP addresses - but this time both are hosted by "Electronic Arts". The above mentioned "AC08" is not present anymore, so it was just a coincidence. I also noticed that the PS3s seem to always communicating via port 10000 on the client side - only the server side port changes from connection to connection but doesn't change mid-game.

Edit2:

I further investigated the capture and it turned out that everything is encrypted on Xbox360. Even the meta data is not present in readable text. For example: PS3 retrieves unencrypted data about the server while matchmaking (such as current map, balanced?, ranked? and so on). It also retrieves a version number of the BC1-server (?) and I thought that would be worth further investigation. Unfortunately even this data is encrypted and I can't find such information in the Xbox capture. Furthermore I tried to force the Dummy to connect to another IP address and blacklisted the Main's IP address for the Dummy but this just resulted in a connection failure for the dummy - that was kind of obvious but I hoped, the BC1 master server would compensate this, but no.

In conclusion the real differences between Xbox360 and PS3 are:

• Invitation system: Dashboard vs. Ingame
  • IP addresses of the game server: separate IP for Main and Dummy vs. same IP for both
  • Port usage: well-known Xbox Live Gaming (3074) vs. dynamic port (seems to be always 10000 on client side and actually dynamic on server side for every new connection)
  • Encryption of communication: Fully encrypted vs only match communication is encrypted, meta data of the server is unencrypted
Edited by woggly4
new information (2)
  • Like 2

Well, we have another lucky guy =) Does anybody try to talk with him? 

12 hours ago, woggly4 said:

To answer my own question, I bought two used Xbox360s and tested it. The achievement unlocked just fine on both accounts on first try (not simultaneously of course)! As soon as the "Attackers won"-screen appeared, the achievement unlocked. Now it gets quite technical.

I couldn't capture the network traffic of the first unlock because I was on NAT1 on the Main and via LTE on the Dummy. But I managed to play a game with both NAT2 (same network) behind my router so I could capture the second unlock.

There is nothing suspicious or helping because the traffic is mostly encrypted due to cheating prevention. The only thing that seems to be unencrypted is meta data like player's on the server while joining and stuff like that) and I only noticed a clear string of "AC08", captured on the unlock timestamp - could be Achievement08 but maybe just a coincidence. But there are differences between Xbox360 and PS3:

1. The invitation is handled via Xbox360 dashboard, there is no "send invite" in the custom match lobby, so maybe it is a problem with the communication system of PSN. (unlikely, because we can join matches together, but who knows what they've changed with the release of PS4)
  2. The Xbox360s connect to different IP addresses even though both Xboxes are playing on the same server! Both PS3 connect to the same IP address.
  3. Both Xbox360's game server IP addresses are hosted by "Bioware Ireland Ltd". PS3's server is hosted by "Electronic Arts". But: All three IP addresses are located in Chatsworth, California. But it gets even weirder, because the IP address of the Xbox360 dummy is also a registered EU server for NHL16 (eu1nhl16psg001.ea.com)
  4. Xbox360 communicates through port 3074 on both ends (seems to be used on most Xbox online games), PS3 through 11028 server side and 10000 client side (I don't know if this changes from session to session because it's a dynamic port number)

Well, the above is not entirely helpful (1f606.png) in the current situation but maybe someone wants to dig deeper. And: Now we know that it's definitely not bugged on Xbox - maybe this is because it is in the backward compatibility program and people can play it on the Xbox1, so they changed the server structure or... It's just working.

I admire your patience and perseverance

5 hours ago, Vasilij_Kozlov said:

I admire your patience and perseverance

Thanks. I really hope we all can unlock this pesky trophy some day. It's unlikely that EA and/or Sony will fix it, so we have to fix it by ourselves, right? ?

I did a third try and updated my post above with the new information.

3 hours ago, TheHarryGamer99 said:

I just sent messages to the last five people that got the trophy on psnprofiles asking about it. I will let you know if I get any response.

Did the same. I already got an answer of the last few achievers and they always say the same: "Trying over and over again" or "Didn't know it was glitched, it just unlocked". Let's see if the last achievers responds. ?

• Like 1

I've been trying to unlock this trophy for months, although I haven't played recently. Like everybody else, I have two consoles and a second copy of the game, which I bought just for this purpose. I believe I already have played more than a hundred matches fulfilling the requirements for the trophy, however, it refuses to pop. I did some tests on the router as well, I changed some settings on it, but nothing seems to work. 

Moreover, at the end of every match, I am recording the results screen (where the trophy should pop) with my cellphone to serve me as a proof, so I can avoid being called a cheater if I manage to earn the trophy by legit way someday. In the near future I'll give another try, even because I still have to earn the Beans Bullets Bandages trophy, so I really hope to get it by the time I reach 10002 kills.

Edited by edhunter10
  • Like 1

Thiagoulart replied saying the following:

"Joguei em LAN, 2 play, 2 jogos, mesma casa, mesma internet.
Caiu para mim, mas tenho amigos tentando ja a quase um ano e não caiu para eles.  Não sei te dar uma certeza de como esse troféu vai cair." (
I played on LAN, 2 play, 2 games, same house, same internet. It fell for me, but I have friends trying for almost a year and it didn't fall for them. I don't know how to give you a certainty of how this trophy will fall.).

Mrs_Kruemmel replied saying to check the post they put on the forum already. No one else replied.

Edited by TheHarryGamer99

5 minutes ago, TheHarryGamer99 said:

Joguei em LAN, 2 play, 2 jogos, mesma casa, mesma internet.
Caiu para mim, mas tenho amigos tentando ja a quase um ano e não caiu para eles.  Não sei te dar uma certeza de como esse troféu vai cair.

When you play? =) I mean - year, month.

You honestly shouldn’t waste your time messaging the last few “achievers”. I am pretty sure that they all obtained the trophy through illegitimate means. Out of the last ten “achievers”, six of them are definite cheaters. I’m inclined to believe that the other four also aren’t legit until proven otherwise. 

Regardless, best of luck with the testing. Hopefully you can come up with a solution.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Smzthy said:

You honestly shouldn’t waste your time messaging the last few “achievers”. I am pretty sure that they all obtained the trophy through illegitimate means. Out of the last ten “achievers”, six of them are definite cheaters. I’m inclined to believe that the other four also aren’t legit until proven otherwise. 

What makes you think, they are cheaters? I searched the Flagged Game Disputes and none of them appear in this category. Hiding trophies doesn't make you a cheater.

2 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

What makes you think, they are cheaters? I searched the Flagged Game Disputes and none of them appear in this category. Hiding trophies doesn't make you a cheater.

I didn’t say that hidden trophies automatically makes you a cheater. It’s based on the fact that they’ve either been caught cheating in the past, or they still have trophies on their list that clearly aren’t legitimate.

Also, when you change your PSN ID your dispute will still show your old PSN name. Some of the newest “achievers” have recently changed their ID, but you can still view their disputes by visiting their forum profiles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smzthy said:

I didn’t say that hidden trophies automatically makes you a cheater.

Hehe, no I just tried to understand where the assumption came from. No offence. :D

1 hour ago, Smzthy said:

It’s based on the fact that they’ve either been caught cheating in the past, or they still have trophies on their list that clearly aren’t legitimate.

Okay, but only because they've cheated in the past doesn't mean, this specific trophy is also cheated.

1 hour ago, Smzthy said:

Some of the newest “achievers” have recently changed their ID, but you can still view their disputes by visiting their forum profiles.

Ah, I see. But still, I could only find three people.

Anyway. I don't want to say you're wrong but I hope, this trophy is just super bugged and I don't want to spread the claim that every achiever seems to be a cheater because some of them might be. And of course I don't want to blame people who really got it legit because some didn't. On the other hand I don't want to convince anyone that they are definitely not cheaters. But mostly I hope they're not, because otherwise there wouldn't be a legit solution for this trophy and I don't want to accept that yet. :D

Edited by woggly4

• 2 weeks later...