With My Devil Dogs - still no solution?

A little bit of both. Some people struggle to connect if both are on NAT2. If one goes NAT1 (or if you have two PS3s in the same network) you can squad up. However, it's luck based if the server squads you up in the game. Often, both are split up after joining. But even if you squad up fine, the trophy won't pop at the end of the match. Only a few very lucky players got the trophy these days - sometimes trying for ages (including me, but I still haven't got it).

Nobody knows what exactly make it pop. But it's definitely not enough to just fulfill the trophy description.

6 minutes ago, REAPER4536 said:

I have that trophy already but I don't get the problem. Is it not doable anymore to join up on a Squad, join a game, play the game till the end while being in the same squad for the entire round or is this doable but the trophy doesn't pop? I had more problems to join up a mate and got the trophy after one round  (I think how its meant to be). But yea again - where do you guys struggle at.

The squad up function doesn't work 99% of the time and if it does eventually connect the trophy doesn't pop another 99% of the time.

Just now, woggly4 said:

A little bit of both. Some people struggle to connect if both are on NAT2. If one goes NAT1 (or if you have two PS3s in the same network) you can squad up. However, it's luck based if the server squads you up in the game. Often, both are split up after joining. But even if you squad up fine, the trophy won't pop at the end of the match. Only a few very lucky players got the trophy these days - sometimes trying for ages (including me, but I still haven't got it).

Nobody knows what exactly make it pop. But it's definitely not enough to just fulfill the trophy description.

I'm trying one more thing a little later after adjusting my connection settings but if that doesn't work then I won't lose sleep over it. Would have been nice to 100% the game but meh - it's just a trophy. If I have any luck, I'll report back.

11 minutes ago, Cyvnyde said:

The squad up function doesn't work 99% of the time and if it does eventually connect the trophy doesn't pop another 99% of the time.

11 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

I had major problems with joining up too - sometimes it worked but I joined a dead server and got DC. So I waited for a better time when healthy servers were half populated and joined in the same on squad on the server and got the trophy first try. So I guess I got lucky.

My advice would be trying to play with 4 people and join a dead sever. Capture all flags so that the game ends before the server can die (one team is doing nothing)

13 minutes ago, REAPER4536 said:

So I guess I got lucky.

My advice would be trying to play with 4 people and join a dead sever. Capture all flags so that the game ends before the server can die (one team is doing nothing)

Back in 2017 the trophy seemed to be reliable. In 2018 it started to not pop for European players. Today it's not working for the rest of the world too.

Good idea, but I've already tested that: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/78017-with-my-devil-dogs-still-no-solution/?do=findComment&comment=2002641

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, woggly4 said:

I'm sorry to crush your hopes, but I'm afraid there's no one who could help you right now. I investigated further and found out a few things about the server structure of this game.

There are at least five servers involved in BC1:

- Sony authentication

- EA authentication/profile

- EA matchmaking

- EA game server

- EA messaging (not sure why exactly this is used, but it seems to just put your status "Playing Bad Company 1" in the EA messenger (?) or the like)

Authentication are both encrypted (obviously), matchmaking is partly plain text, game server is technically unencrypted but unreadable, messaging seems to be mostly plain text, but not used a lot. What is weird about Sony Auth is, that it uses the US-code of the game (BLUS30118) even though I'm using the EU-version (BLES-00259). EA Auth is mostly a blackbox, because of its encrypted nature. Matchmaking is kind of chatty because it tells us, there are three locations of game servers:

- iad - Washington, D.C.

- sjc - San José, California

- gva - Geneva/Genf, Switzerland

I think EA is just using a smart way to have an always three character code for their locations and is using the IATA-code of the corresponding airport.

Interestingly there are around 100 active servers but only two (one for each mode) is playable - this is not always true, sometimes there is a second Conquest server. Both playable servers have a tag O and all others C (could be opened and closed). However, if you search for a game when the server is full, it will create a new dynamic server with the location code "na1" - this is weird, because it could use one of the many iad, sjc or gva servers. This seems to be the reason, why it's crashing after a few seconds/minutes. The stable servers are mostly in iad or sjc. However, don't make the mistake I did, to think the trophy could unlock when you're playing on a gva server, just because it's less frequent. Today the rush server was somehow on gva and the trophy didn't pop.

What I think the conclusion of all this investigation(s) is: It has nothing to do with your network settings (as long as you can invite each other it should work). Every connection to and from your PS3 is fine (I claim that because I played with NAT1 with someone who was also on NAT1, thus no firewall and no nothing blocking anything). The issue might be in a connection between two EA servers or one EA server and a Sony server - a connection not meant to reach your PS3 either way. It could be that the what-ever-unlocks-the-trophy-cluster hangs or gets stuck in a loop after a few hours of operation, thus voiding the trophy. When this cluster restarts due to some automatic maintenance or whatever or crashes eventually (thus getting restarted) it works for a little timespan. This would explain why "the Brazilians" got the trophy because they spread the news like wildfire immediately. This could have been any other country.

We just have to try again and again and wait for the next whatever-restart and inform each other it happened and the little timeframe of unlock-happiness has come again.

Yes, I totally agree that's the case.

The tricky part is to know when the servers are going to be operational again, we don't know how often this happen, but the timeframe seems to be something like 5 or 6 hours at most.

We, "the Brazilians" (I loved the nickname lol) got lucky by someone trying at the exact right moment, the info spread through our Whatsapp trophy hunters groups and of course, every recent achiever stopped whatever they had planned that night to achieve this horrid trophy.

All evidences seems to point to this issue being server-sided so there's absolutely zero things we can do to render it achievable.

For anyone trying to achieve it, the best bet is to play some match in a squad periodically and if the trophy pops, warn in every forum possible.

By the way, get the screenshot trophy ASAP, it has been broken before and upload features breaking out of the blue in old EA games is a classic platinum breaker

Edited by EdinhoN
  • Like 2

If this is the case, you'd think it would be automatic and it would be at the same time every day, week, or whatever. Looking at some recent achievers, there doesn't seem to be a correlation with time or indeed day (people achieved it on a Saturday, Monday and Tuesday over the last handful of months). I've been in-game at the same time as @woggly4 and seen him attempt this countless times but apparently to no avail. If someone does manage to get lucky and pop this then go out and get yourself a lottery ticket.

Edited by Cyvnyde

Yes, it seems to be totally random. And you're right, in the last week I tried it pretty often throughout the day and never succeeded - I guess I'm at a total try count of over 500 by now. But you never know, if the next round will be yours. For example, there's currently no stable conquest server. It only spawns dynamic servers that crash after a few minutes. Maybe we're all lucky for the above mentioned (unknown) timeframe, when the stable conquest server is back online. But the last "stable" conquest server crashed 2 to 3 hours ago, so who knows, when it will be back online.

Edit: Nope. Server is back online. Played multiple rounds (even full rounds) in the same squad, still no trophy... ?

Edit2: So, I'm monitoring the servers for a few days now and it seems to be even worse than expected. The servers crash a lot - even the seems-to-be-stable ones - and often there's only one stable server at all (currently it's conquest, yesterday it was rush). Even if "the server" is back online, it's a totally different server (speaking of IP address and even location). Throughout the day "the server" changes 2 to 3 times due to crashing. So whenever you think, you can't join, because the stable one is full, it's more likely that there's no server at all.

Edited by woggly4
new information

On 07/05/2020 at 7:15 PM, EdinhoN said:

Yes, I totally agree that's the case.

The tricky part is to know when the servers are going to be operational again, we don't know how often this happen, but the timeframe seems to be something like 5 or 6 hours at most.

We, "the Brazilians" (I loved the nickname lol) got lucky by someone trying at the exact right moment, the info spread through our Whatsapp trophy hunters groups and of course, every recent achiever stopped whatever they had planned that night to achieve this horrid trophy.

All evidences seems to point to this issue being server-sided so there's absolutely zero things we can do to render it achievable.

For anyone trying to achieve it, the best bet is to play some match in a squad periodically and if the trophy pops, warn in every forum possible.

By the way, get the screenshot trophy ASAP, it has been broken before and upload features breaking out of the blue in old EA games is a classic platinum breaker

Looks like we all those who need the trophy will need to create a different group for it.may it be on skype,psn message app or what'sapp need that darn bloody trophy so badly.

Tried that, didn't work - even with a US disc on a US account with a PS3 on US system settings. By now, I really think it has something to do with something restarting at EA as EdinhoN and I discussed above. ?

• 1 month later...

So, I monitored the servers for the last weeks and today I witnessed how the mostly stable servers both crashed. For ~20 minutes the matchmaking only spawned unstable ones. As soon as a new stable server spawned (it was located in EU) I joined with my dummy and still didn't get the trophy at the end of the round (the round lasted 8-ish minutes). I really don't know what it is, that makes the trophy possible. Everything I thought could be a solution failed, I'm out of ideas - see below list what I already tried to no avail. Since late March 2019 I'm trying to get this pesky trophy every now and then, sometimes even every day for a few weeks and I must have played over 600 matches by now and tested several solutions but it just seems to be impossible. I really don't know what happened for people who got the trophy in the near past. Congrats to those who were very lucky and got it.

See the spoiler for a list of things I thought would be a solution. Feel free to add ideas you already tried and weren't successful or untested ideas you might have.

Spoiler

Every possible solution below worked in terms of "could connect to the server as a squad" (unless stated otherwise), but didn't pop the trophy.

Community ideas

• @REAPER4536 (Post)
    • Inviting Dummy. Logging off Dummy. After re-login accept invitation
    • Same as above but with a little delay between invite and logging off.
    • (Inviting Dummy. Accepting Invite. Logging off Dummy. New Invite, accepting this one.)

Network related

• Same network, both NAT2

• Same network over LTE, both NAT2

• Same region (Europe), NAT1 over DSL and NAT2 over LTE

• Same region (Europe), NAT1 and NAT2 (both DSL)

• Same region (Europe), both NAT2

• Different regions (Europe/US), both NAT2 (connection fails, no squad join possible)

• Different regions (Europe/US), Europe NAT1, US NAT2

• Same region (Europe), both NAT1

• Using 8.8.8.8 (Google) as PS3's DNS server instead of local ISP DNS

Console related

• Main: PS3 fat, Dummy: PS3 fat
  • Main: PS3 fat, Dummy: PS3 slim
  • Main: PS3 slim, Dummy: PS3 fat

Disc related (always same network)

• Main and Dummy: EU disc (BLES-00259), both german accounts
  • Main: EU disc, Dummy: US disc (BLUS-30118), both german accounts
  • Main: EU disc (german account), Dummy: US disc (US account)
  • Main: US disc, Dummy: EU disc, both german accounts
  • Main: EU gold disc (BLES-00261), Dummy: EU regular disc (BLES-00259)

Server related

• Stable server (obviously)
  • Stable server after major crash (see text above)
  • Unstable server with quick win
  • Unstable server with quick win with only four players (all four consoles in the same network)

Join/Matchmaking related

• Join in the last seconds of the match
  • Re-join every time the squad got split up (until now, it lasted four matches max)
  • Re-join every time the round ends, even if still in the same squad
  • Join and leave with Dummy, even though we were in the same squad. Main stays on the server, Dummy rejoins via "join player" menu and gets into same squad
  • Create squad with Dummy, create squad with Main. Main invites Dummy. Dummy accepts warning "you need to leave your squad in order to join"

Account related

• Two fresh accounts created on PS3, both playing in the same squad (only each other on the friend list) - just for testing
  • Playing with one of the above mentioned accounts in the same squad

Friend list related

• Removing Dummy from friend list, searching for the ID in the squad menu
  • Inviting Dummy to friendship when both accounts were already connected to EA (i.e. in the multiplayer menu)
  • Friend Dummy and Main in Origin as well (Origin- and PSN-accounts linked)

Edited by woggly4
updated list
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

So, I monitored the servers for the last weeks and today I witnessed how the mostly stable servers both crashed. For ~20 minutes the matchmaking only spawned unstable ones. As soon as a new stable server spawned (it was located in EU) I joined with my dummy and still didn't get the trophy at the end of the round (the round lasted 8-ish minutes). I really don't know what it is, that makes the trophy possible. Everything I thought could be a solution failed, I'm out of ideas - see below list what I already tried to no avail. Since late March 2019 I'm trying to get this pesky trophy every now and then, sometimes even every day for a few weeks and I must have played over 600 matches by now and tested several solutions but it just seems to be impossible. I really don't know what happened for people who got the trophy in the near past. Congrats to those who were very lucky and got it.

See the spoiler for a list of things I thought would be a solution. Feel free to add ideas you already tried and weren't successful or untested ideas you might have.

Reveal hidden contents

Network related

• same network, both NAT2

• same network over LTE, both NAT2

• same region (Europe), NAT1 over DSL and NAT2 over LTE

• same region (Europe), NAT1 and NAT2 (both DSL)

• same region (Europe), both NAT2

• different regions (Europe/US), both NAT2 (connection fails)

• different regions (Europe/US), Europe NAT1, US NAT2

• same region (Europe), both NAT1

Disc related (always same network)

• Main and Dummy: EU disc (BLES-00259), both german accounts
  • Main: EU disc, Dummy: US disc (BLUS-30118), both german accounts
  • Main: EU disc (german account), Dummy: US disc (US account)
  • Main: US disc, Dummy: EU disc, both german accounts

Server related

• Stable server (obviously)
  • Stable server after major crash (see text above)
  • Unstable server with quick win
  • Unstable server with quick win with only four players (all four consoles in the same network)

Join/Matchmaking related

• Join in the last seconds of the match
  • Re-join every time the round ends, even if still in the same squad - lasted four matches max until squad got split up
  • Join and leave with Dummy, even though we were in the same squad. Main stays on the server, Dummy rejoins via "join player" menu and gets into same squad
  • Create squad with Dummy, create squad with Main. Main invites Dummy. Dummy accepts warning "you need to leave your squad in order to join"

Have you tried same consoles-different network? I remember getting mine that way, because we got 2 different networks in the house so I tried the other one and it unlocked the trophy..and I don't know if it matters but I was using cable connection for both and a gold & a regular edition discs.

What do you mean by "same console, different network"? You have to use at least two separate consoles. And yes, I already tried to connect both consoles that are physically in the same room to different networks. Both consoles are wired, no Wifi at all.

9 hours ago, woggly4 said:

What do you mean by "same console, different network"? You have to use at least two separate consoles. And yes, I already tried to connect both consoles that are physically in the same room to different networks. Both consoles are wired, no Wifi at all.

I mean different network, like maybe a friend or a family internet that you can try. Also, try:

- The other way around like if using console 1 for your main, now try to use console 2 as your main. 

- Deleting save data and try to get it first match after you create a new save. 

- Turn off the lights in the room if you had it on before..

Just kidding for the last one..or am I? But seriously man don't give up try everything it WILL pop eventually. Good luck to everyone who's still trying.

• Like 1

I personally think someone hacked the servers for BFBC and EA isn't aware of it. I've noticed when I played recently getting kicked at random despite no vote for my being kicked. I've also seen a message saying "Mod decided to end match" when it was a full team on each side and everyone getting kicked. Whoever hacked the servers broke "With My Devil Dogs" trophy.

7 hours ago, BDevil9 said:

I mean different network, like maybe a friend or a family internet that you can try. Also, try:

- The other way around like if using console 1 for your main, now try to use console 2 as your main. 

- Deleting save data and try to get it first match after you create a new save. 

- Turn off the lights in the room if you had it on before..

Just kidding for the last one..or am I? But seriously man don't give up try everything it WILL pop eventually. Good luck to everyone who's still trying.

- Oh, yes. Forget to mention, already tried that. (updated the list above)

- I even deleted the complete game and tried it on a fresh PS3 I never used to play BC1 before

- :D

Will do, but it really gets tiresome if you can't get a ridiculous easy trophy like this. In hindsight it was way easier to get 10k kills, even all awards. :D 

6 hours ago, POEman553 said:

I personally think someone hacked the servers for BFBC and EA isn't aware of it. I've noticed when I played recently getting kicked at random despite no vote for my being kicked. I've also seen a message saying "Mod decided to end match" when it was a full team on each side and everyone getting kicked. Whoever hacked the servers broke "With My Devil Dogs" trophy.

Interesting thought. However, I never experienced this message - only "connection lost, check your network". But the "hacker"-thing could be possible. Maybe those one-shot-whatever players ruin the servers by injecting something. But that wouldn't explain why there was a time frame of about 6 hours where people got the trophy on both servers. I doubt that the "veterans" were offline for so long. And if it's possible to hack the servers, why is this trophy (resp. achievement) still working on Xbox? Wouldn't they ruin the servers on Xbox too to get the same advantages? Furthermore, the server that is responsible for stats and trophies (even screenshot upload) is not the game server itself, but the server that is used to authenticate you when you enter the multiplayer menu.

Some people say, EA glitched the servers on purpose back in the day when BF3 got released, so people would jump over to the new Battlefield.

Edited by woggly4