Too late to get into this game?

32 minutes ago, EdwardTheMartyr said:

I was wondering if it was too late to get into this game. I'm mainly interested in PVE. Would there be a total lack of guilds and co-op buddies for me? I would not consider playing through this game alone.

Hell, no!  Not too late - they just released a new chapter Elsweyr and plenty of active guilds to join.  Plus so much to do just on your own.

18 minutes ago, WaffleJedi said:

Hell, no!  Not too late - they just released a new chapter Elsweyr and plenty of active guilds to join.  Plus so much to do just on your own.

But I'd want to play through EVERYTHING from the beginning with someone. The grind would be so much easier if I had someone to do it with. Probably the only way I'd be motivated too.

Edited by EdwardTheMartyr

Just show up in the game.  The majority of people around you are not NPCs but real people.  They are always asking around to do a dark anchors run, dungeons, trading, crafting.  There is quite a bit of stuff that is solo only, such as Chapters 1-6, which also earns a trophy.

4 minutes ago, EdwardTheMartyr said:

But I'd want to play through EVERYTHING from the beginning with someone.

1 hour ago, EdwardTheMartyr said:

I'm mainly interested in PVE. Would there be a total lack of guilds and co-op buddies for me? I would not consider playing through this game alone.

There are still TONS of new players in the game, not only that, but since all content is automatically scaled you often find even high level players doing same quests as you. Plus, people are recruiting players in their guilds left and right. I recently joined a new guild and my chat is filled with LFG messages.

Definitely not late, in fact this is a great time to start playing. I personally treat it as a single player RPG when doing quest lines and only grouping with others for dungeons.

On 20.8.2019 at 7:27 AM, EdwardTheMartyr said:

take 5 PTO days from work to get Emperor

Difficulty and time required for Emperor are overrated. Guys from my guild took Emperor on "Below Level 50" in 2 days, other just played after work and got Emperor on weekends.

There were like ~10ppl running together, who helped to do it. Actually you can just ask Emperor of other Alliance to leave campaign, so you can "trade" it like 5-10 times per day (or have 5ppl on two sides so you can trade it without asking anyone).

Edited by ScooloV
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ScooloV said:

Difficulty and time required for Emperor are overrated. Guys from my guild took Emperor on "Below Level 50" in 2 days, other just played after work and got Emperor on weekends.

There were like ~10ppl running together, who helped to do it. Actually you can just ask Emperor of other Alliance to leave campaign, so you can "trade" it like 5-10 times per day (or have 5ppl on two sides so you can trade it without asking anyone).

Why don't you have the trophy yet?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ScooloV said:

This sounds like the game is almost entirely played by trophy hunters, as if people will intentionally drop the emp to others.

You need alot of luck to have someone so kind to leave the campaign to drop the emperorship to you, and this is not as common as you make it sound, especially if the emperor is held by Blues who almost always not only keep the emperor, but also defend it and go for a full domination as long as possible, and then just defend any single resource/keep around for 24/7 until you are lucky enough to have your alliance to wake up and do a push with alot of players.

Having a group that is constantly composed by 10 or more people means playing in those campaigns where the activity is very high (in below 50 is quite rare if you don't manually organize the whole group), and so where to compete for the #1 requires you to constantly play for 20h each day (30 day standard), and you must be able to solo the resources.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VirtualNight said:

This sounds like the game is almost entirely played by trophy hunters, as if people will intentionally drop the emp to others.

You need alot of luck to have someone so kind to leave the campaign to drop the emperorship to you, and this is not as common as you make it sound, especially if the emperor is held by Blues who almost always not only keep the emperor, but also defend it and go for a full domination as long as possible, and then just defend any single resource/keep around for 24/7 until you are lucky enough to have your alliance to wake up and do a push with alot of players.

Having a group that is constantly composed by 10 or more people means playing in those campaigns where the activity is very high (in below 50 is quite rare if you don't manually organize the whole group), and so where to compete for the #1 requires you to constantly play for 20h each day (30 day standard), and you must be able to solo the resources.

I'll also add that at times a person will have to pay 100k AP to leave the campaign, AP can be used on a variety of items on the game aside from equipment needed for the alliance war... In some cases people play below level 50 for the easy AP you can get and send to other characters, so a random you've never met isn't gonna sit aside and leave for you unless they're your good friend. In the previous patch Emperor could only be "traded" by having a person leave the campaign and then their alliance maintains all 6 inner keeps for a night without any of them being taken, however I don't think that works anymore because I've seen it be done and not crown a new emperor. In that case, the only way your alliance can get emperor back is to lose all 6 inner keeps and then get them all back but in below level 50 there aren't many active people in your alliance who will help you push more than once a week a lot of the time.

Emperor is a participation trophy, however it also requires human participation in terms of people playing and helping you push the keeps. The blue emperor of below level 50 has had it for 8 days now and has been on the game at all times, with probably like 3 hours of sleep all week. His character is a tanky werewolf with emperor buffs on top of it, meaning that any push with less than 10 people wouldn't stand a chance against him as he can solo kill most people with his overpowered character and buffs from being emperor. Not to mention blue has all the buffs right now from other keeps taken, such as additional weapon and spell damage and so on. Every recent trophy hunter I am aware of who got the trophy has had a lot of help to get it and most people go in as a stranger to the game and need to rely on people who were active in their alliance in the week to get it. In my case I joined a group of people who were helping in the Aldmeri Dominion and they have all stopped playing the game now. Aside from that a guy in the Ebonheart Pact got emperor before me and didn't defend the keeps himself, as that was our deal since we took a very limited opportunity and pushed for keeps when blue was inactive. Either way, it's not overrated because people experience it in different ways, just because one person's week was hardly competitive and then a push happened doesn't mean that it'll happen the same way for everyone.

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Sergen said:

Why don't you have the trophy yet?

It still requires sitting like 12+ hours both days + heavily luck based also find some other enthusiasts only for one trophy - I think I'll pass :)

Since like you said there also can be guys who will hold Emperor in "below 50" whole week and playing 24/7 without giving crown to others.

And of course that 5-10ppl were from our Guild, sitting on their new characters with pre-built sets for every 10 lvls + lot of PvP experience.

16 hours ago, Sergen said:

aren't many active people in your alliance who will help you push more than once a week a lot of the time.

You are underestimating the amount of time required to lose all 6 towers and getting them back, when noone is online. Like I said 10 ppl from both sides boosting it can achieve it quite fast. Also trading lumber mills, farms, and mines (when two teams are taking them one by one, and leaving immediately) will get you really good amount of AP in no time.

Forgot to mention that you can ruin siege done by your alliance by deconstructing catapults and ballistas :)

16 hours ago, VirtualNight said:

if people will intentionally drop the emp to others.

No good PvP player will seriously play below-50 PvP, it is boring and winning there is like beating toddlers in kindergarden. Since there are 4 campaigns, all are playing in Kaalgrontiid (30 Day, CP Enabled). So even 10-20 ppl will get you the Emperor with 60-80% probability.

Edited by ScooloV

1 hour ago, ScooloV said:

No good PvP player will seriously play below-50 PvP, it is boring and winning there is like beating toddlers in kindergarden. Since there are 4 campaigns, all are playing in Kaalgrontiid (30 Day, CP Enabled). So even 10-20 ppl will get you the Emperor with 60-80% probability.

Surely there are no good players in below 50, but there ARE people who make 100 characters to keep playing below 50 with crafted gear, being overpowered in comparison to new players, and trust me that they DO enjoy this; is weird, and I would get bored as fuck to kill rookie players (in fact I used to play only in competitive matches in Warhawk, leaving the rookies in the servers where they could play at their level), but they do this and never get tired of, even for 1 kill each 4-5h.

1 hour ago, ScooloV said:

It still requires sitting like 12+ hours both days + heavily luck based also find some other enthusiasts only for one trophy - I think I'll pass :)

Since like you said there also can be guys who will hold Emperor in "below 50" whole week and playing 24/7 without giving crown to others.

And of course that 5-10ppl were from our Guild, sitting on their new characters with pre-built sets for every 10 lvls + lot of PvP experience.

You are underestimating the amount of time required to lose all 6 towers and getting them back, when noone is online. Like I said 10 ppl from both sides boosting it can achieve it quite fast. Also trading lumber mills, farms, and mines (when two teams are taking them one by one, and leaving immediately) will get you really good amount of AP in no time.

Forgot to mention that you can ruin siege done by your alliance by deconstructing catapults and ballistas :)

You won't get "10 people boosting it from both sides" because too many people are try-hards in the below level 50 campaign. Not to mention that you won't get the chance to help that many people get Emperor in a week. With 2 players I would be capable of taking all keeps in around 3-4 hours if no humans were defending, that's what I tried last week but there were always blue no-lifers who defended late night to avoid us pushing for the keeps. All alliances but blue were dead this week and the blues who were there were on for 20 hours a day. The "no good PvP player will seriously play below-50 PvP" is a true statement, I consider the people who stay in the below level 50 campaign after already reaching level 50 on other characters as people who look for easy targets, that's what the blue players have been doing for months now.

10-20 people have a high chance of taking everything in below level 50, but most of the time there's no more than 5 people playing in your alliance. In my first week trying Emperor I played with the reds where my biggest group was around 6 people and people would quit the game as soon as 1 keep was taken or as soon as 1 keep got defended against us, so the players had no drive to keep playing, as a new player I had no friends who played ESO who could help me with an emperor push so I was stuck with a shitty alliance and decided to not bother with them after my first week. In my 2nd week I changed my alliance to yellow and got the trophy the day after reset because the yellows cared about helping me get it and didn't give up because a keep was defended against us or after taking 1 keep... The people I got both times were completely different and that's the whole situation with getting emperor, if your alliance is shit, you're shit out of luck.

Edited by Sergen

• 1 year later...

Soooo (sorry for digging this thread up), how is the game late in 2020? Thinking about trying it again with a solo build, since I wanna get rid of the 2/124 trophies on my profile (but I wont try the plat)...

Magicka Templar (high or dark elf) should be the easiest soloable class (at least 6+ months ago) so I guess Id try that, found a level by level guide online.

Edited by slaaack1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/11/2020 at 0:06 AM, slaaack1 said:

Soooo (sorry for digging this thread up), how is the game late in 2020? Thinking about trying it again with a solo build, since I wanna get rid of the 2/124 trophies on my profile (but I wont try the plat)...

Magicka Templar (high or dark elf) should be the easiest soloable class (at least 6+ months ago) so I guess Id try that, found a level by level guide online.

Im jumping back on to my Champion 507 magicka dark elf, also clearing as many trophies as I can. Still well populated with tonnes of content. Just such a time sink.. what guide do you have? I see loads online but most conflict each other 

14 hours ago, s_cubasteve said:

Im jumping back on to my Champion 507 magicka dark elf, also clearing as many trophies as I can. Still well populated with tonnes of content. Just such a time sink.. what guide do you have? I see loads online but most conflict each other 

I'm just using this guide because... yeah, my last/first character is level 8 so I didnt even got that far in the game some years ago so I just searched for "whats best in 2020 for solo" and a guide. :D 

I already got to level 10 in my limited time I have but I also saw many other players so Id say its still active or active enough to find a random person if you struggle somewhere.

Edited by slaaack1

Its not late to get into this game, some trophies may required some time like catching every rare fish in all none dlc’s zones & emperor trophy this one required you to take all 6 forts and be the highest score on your team board during the campaign mode btw this is pvp mode other then these 2 trophies are easier to obtain sry for my English