Iceborne How to Measure Large & Mini Gold Crowns

On 10/27/2019 at 5:24 PM, bash1505 said:

Yes I just got a small and giant gold crown from the gold rathian event

Now I'm trying silver rathalos and c if i can get anything from it

Thanx for the heads up guys! Damn Mini Silver Rathalos crown wont drop and I even measured it and it was on the small side like 10 times!!! I feel your frustration bro! Only got the damn mini silver and large nightshade left!

53 minutes ago, Xugashi said:

Thanx for the heads up guys! Damn Mini Silver Rathalos crown wont drop and I even measured it and it was on the small side like 10 times!!! I feel your frustration bro! Only got the damn mini silver and large nightshade left!

OMG...

I was going crazy over this crap already. I swear I measured a small crown several times in the event quest and it would not drop too.

The event is definitely busted for the Mini Silver Rathalos then. I'm returning to the investigations.

Thanks for letting me know and good luck with your hunts! :D 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ivan_piz said:

OMG...

I was going crazy over this crap already. I swear I measured a small crown several times in the event quest and it would not drop too.

The event is definitely busted for the Mini Silver Rathalos then. I'm returning to the investigations.

Thanks for letting me know and good luck with your hunts! :D 

The thing that hurts the most is that it was through some REALLY good investigations, I'm talking 1 silver 4 gold types, and still no drop! Didn't bother with the events cuz they trash. Godspeed to you my brutha, you keep on trucking and you'll get it eventually!

After +100 Gold Rath I can easily say its not worth it. I didn't even get a silver crown just the same size over and over. Same goes for Silver Rath. It's better to join some random SOS and get investigations for both of them. I spend like 10-15h on event quest with 0 crowns not even a silver one.  I think the event quests have a really low chance like investigations with 3 rewards, its possible but unlikely, so the guy who got 2 crowns  within 5 kills is insanely lucky. Still good event for people like me who dont have already unlocked lvl6 Guiding Lands monsters, so Scarred Yian Garuga would be perfect to get next time. 

• Like 1

On 30/10/2019 at 11:38 AM, Xugashi said:

The thing that hurts the most is that it was through some REALLY good investigations, I'm talking 1 silver 4 gold types, and still no drop! Didn't bother with the events cuz they trash. Godspeed to you my brutha, you keep on trucking and you'll get it eventually!

Mini Silver Rathalos is leaving me hopeless. I killed a bunch of them that were so, sooooo tiny and still no crown.
I did measure and was right about the size of the video.. I'll have to check another video cause this is very weird. :-|

On 30/10/2019 at 7:11 PM, Demek97 said:

After +100 Gold Rath I can easily say its not worth it. I didn't even get a silver crown just the same size over and over. Same goes for Silver Rath. It's better to join some random SOS and get investigations for both of them. I spend like 10-15h on event quest with 0 crowns not even a silver one.  I think the event quests have a really low chance like investigations with 3 rewards, its possible but unlikely, so the guy who got 2 crowns  within 5 kills is insanely lucky. Still good event for people like me who dont have already unlocked lvl6 Guiding Lands monsters, so Scarred Yian Garuga would be perfect to get next time. 

Dang, I really got my mini crown Gold Rathian in my first try. No joke.
I was pretty lucky then - which does not happen often. lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ivan_piz said:

Mini Silver Rathalos is leaving me hopeless. I killed a bunch of them that were so, sooooo tiny and still no crown.
I did measure and was right about the size of the video.. I'll have to check another video cause this is very weird. :-|

Exact opposite situation over here, got a mini silver rathalos the first time i fought it in the guiding lands but can't seem to find a mini gold rathian for the life of me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ivan_piz said:

Finally got the sonuvabitch! But I swear it took me over 50 times at least! You just gotta keep going at it bro, remember, it's RNG. Even if the size is accurate, it's really up to the game whether you get the crown or not, which is BS but what can you do??

I finally got large coral pukei. After 27 kills and roughly 50 measurements. On the other hand I got a small gold crown the 2nd time i killed rajang the smaller mini crown the 4th kill and a large on the 6th kill without doing any measurements and i prob don't need them for the trophys. RNG makes me bitter sometimes. 

@GamingWithAbyss1

I don't participate in these forums anymore, but I just wanted to come to this thread and say thanks.

Thank you so much for your crown measurement videos. They have been so helpful to me. I am getting really close to the platinum.

Do you have some way I can donate to you?

Edited by Chocolate GiddyUp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chocolate GiddyUp said:

@GamingWithAbyss1

I don't participate in these forums anymore, but I just wanted to come to this thread and say thanks.

Thank you so much for your crown measurement videos. They have been so helpful to me. I am getting really close to the platinum.

Do you have some way I can donate to you?

Thank you I appreciate the support. Donations are not necessary if anything I'd appreciate the support by subscribing and liking my videos. Doing that goes a long way in helping me build my channel. My goal is to hit 100k subscribers and I'm about a third of the way.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GamingWithAbyss1 said:

Thank you I appreciate the support. Donations are not necessary if anything I'd appreciate the support by subscribing and liking my videos. Doing that goes a long way in helping me build my channel. My goal is to hit 100k subscribers and I'm about a third of the way.

Ok I'll make a YouTube account and do that if it helps you.

Yup you'll reach 100k easily <3

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GamingWithAbyss1 said:

UPDATE!!! I finish all of the Videos except for the 2 Scarred Yian Garuga. Can someone please tell me if it's the same measurement as the normal Yian Garuga. Thanks

Hey got the plat today thanks to you! I subscribed to your channel. I'm going to try to like every video I can to help you out.

I used your regular Yian Garuga videos for the Scarred version. Looks like it follows the same rules. They are both the same model except Scarred has a scar on his face and has new moves like the flying fire ball burst.

My measurements:

Smallest: 1250.11 for both versions

Largest: 1736.26 for regular, 1722.37 for scarred

Edited by Chocolate GiddyUp
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Chocolate GiddyUp said:

Hey got the plat today thanks to you! I subscribed to your channel. I'm going to try to like every video I can to help you out.

I used your regular Yian Garuga videos for the Scarred version. Looks like it follows the same rules. They are both the same model except Scarred has a scar on his face and has new moves like the flying fire ball burst.

My measurements:

Smallest: 1250.11 for both versions

Largest: 1736.26 for regular, 1722.37 for scarred

Congrat on the Plat and Thank you for the Sub. Good to know that they are the same. This way I can take a break for Death Stranding

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Velkhana measures need to be taken with a grain of salt. Pretty much all points posted can be exact to the pixel and not be a large crown. The keys are you need a big measure on the rear and front. Long tail, high spikes on leg plus big chest. You will find one of the three often but not all of the three. 

edit: good tip is to take pics with your camera phone esp of tail lengths- in each area she sits. Eventually you will see the obvious difference in length and where the big and small tails rest. You can also freeze vids posted and see the tail lengths. 

Edited by NatasboB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

And I mostly definitely will be back to using Gaming With Abyss's size guides again.  You have no idea how helpful these are gonna be.

Sort of.  Son of a bitch.  I need to get gold crowns for the scarred Yiang Garuga, Lunastra, Gold Rathian and Silver Rathalos don't I?  Especially the Rajang who I was trying to avoid.  And I haven't unlocked the Brute Tigrex yet.

Oh boy.  I got my work cut out for this platinum. ?

Edited by lightning_kf
  • Like 1

On 10-01-2020 at 10:40 PM, lightning_kf said:

And I mostly definitely will be back to using Gaming With Abyss's size guides again.  You have no idea how helpful these are gonna be.

Sort of.  Son of a bitch.  I need to get gold crowns for the scarred Yiang Garuga, Lunastra, Gold Rathian and Silver Rathalos don't I?  Especially the Rajang who I was trying to avoid.  And I haven't unlocked the Brute Tigrex yet.

Oh boy.  I got my work cut out for this platinum. 1f605.png

The crowns of Rajang are not necessary, because it is a monster of added content, the same as the Stygian Zinogre. So you can live in peace.