Iceborne How to Measure Large & Mini Gold Crowns

Finally got big Brachydios, I can only recommend doing tempereds, the vast majority of my crowns specially bigs come from them.

To measure him, shock trap and check the right leg:

- Small: You should be higher than his leg (maybe 1 head?)

- Big: For reference, stick to the blue portion of his leg, there should be a really good portion of blue above your head, maybe 1 head and a half.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlackTorito said:

Finally got big Brachydios, I can only recommend doing tempereds, the vast majority of my crowns specially bigs come from them.

To measure him, shock trap and check the right leg:

- Small: You should be higher than his leg (maybe 1 head?)

- Big: For reference, stick to the blue portion of his leg, there should be a really good portion of blue above your head, maybe 1 head and a half.

Perfect thank you for this and Legiana

1 hour ago, BlackTorito said:

Any tips to measure Nergigante? He just appears in any map and just wanders around, really hard to measure now and linda looks different to be honest.

Traps don’t work but you can still inflict status so maybe use a bowgun, spam sleep ammo on him and see if there’s anything you can use for measuring while he takes a nap?

8 hours ago, Happy said:

Traps don’t work but you can still inflict status so maybe use a bowgun, spam sleep ammo on him and see if there’s anything you can use for measuring while he takes a nap?

Well, he stands quite often so there is no need for that, but using only the foot seems inaccurate.

You can’t use his tail since it is shorter and he covers it with his wings, and you cant use the X spot in Elder Recess since he just wanders around the whole map :/

3 hours ago, fujitora22 said:

Nergigante has a very bad adjustment according to his size, hes huge on gold, very hard to tell. Just got him doing guiding lands, 2 mini and 1 large to go, mini silver rath, mini garuga and large gold rathian, cant get good investigations

I also need Golden Rathian, we can work on it if you want, I have a few investigations.

I got giant crown nerg, I did the tempered quest. Go next to his hind leg(knee) with ghillie mantle and check if his knee is nearly 2 of your head above you

Tempered has higher chance to get Giant I think. I got half of the 28 monsters to get the trophy. 

Finally got giant Rnergigante, for me BlackTorito's method worked best. The paw should be around the size of your head when he lifts it while walking. A non-crown one will be more at the size of your stomach. 

Also it really helps to get a good investigation for this one. I save scummed investigations with 3 silver 1g and 2 silver 3 gold for 5-6h with no luck. Then got a 1 bronze and 4 gold and got him within the hour. 

Edited by Laozuli
  • Like 1

Hi, any measurement tips or guides for some of the monsters listed below apart from Nargacuga, Glavenus and Tigrex?

1. Viper Tobi-Kadachi - M/G
  2. Barioth - M
  3. Nargacuga - M
  4. Glavenus - M
  5. Tigrex - G
  6. Brachydios - G
  7. Shrieking Legiana - G
  8. Fulgur Anjanath - G
  9. Acidic Glavenus - G
  10. Seething Bazelgeuse - M/G
  11. Blackveil Vaal Hazak - G
  12. Savage Deviljho - G
  13. Gold Rathian - M/G

M = Mini

G = Giant

Oh yeah, if anybody has similar crowns to go for, please add me. My PSN ID is phunkyphenomenon.

Edited by phunkyphenomenon

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Xugashi said:

Are there any events that drop crowns? Just curious cuz they did that on the base game.

From the looks of it no see the event calendar for master rank here: http://game.capcom.com/world/us/schedule-master.html 

I guess it's really because it's kinda awkward to group monsters to a region crown event like they did in the base game. They can easily do one for Hoarfrost but for the majority of the monsters, I guess they don't know how to group them up together.

• Like 2

On 10/26/2019 at 6:01 PM, Xugashi said:

Are there any events that drop crowns? Just curious cuz they did that on the base game.

Yes I just got a small and giant gold crown from the gold rathian event

Now I'm trying silver rathalos and c if i can get anything from it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bash1505 said:

Yes I just got a small and giant gold crown from the gold rathian event

Now I'm trying silver rathalos and c if i can get anything from it

I dont think these are crown events since none of them were crown events so far and if people manage to get a crown there its probably just luck.

How many tries you needed for both goldian crowns ?

Still missing the big one for silverlos so i might give it a try. 

2 hours ago, KingTom95 said:

I dont think these are crown events since none of them were crown events so far and if people manage to get a crown there its probably just luck.

How many tries you needed for both goldian crowns ?

Still missing the big one for silverlos so i might give it a try. 

like 5 tries 

It is really hard to make an accurate statement on whether these event quest have increased spawn rates or not since we have such a small focus group. It would require like 10 people minimum both tracking their results from optionals as well as events to get any kind of reasonable data out of this.

I did like 50-60 Brute Tigrex from the past event and never got a crown. Then start doing investigation and I got a small one after 3 tries. The same goes for the Gold/Silver Rath event. Maybe I'm unlucky but all of my crowns comes from investigation. 

I tried a lot of the silverlos event quest over the past two days and its safe to say that most of them are on the bigger side and i did got an silver crown update

but its like every other event quest so far, they do not have an increased chance of dropping crowns and it still comes all down to luck.

I dont think they worse than any normal investigations so its worth to try them since goldian and silverlos inv. kinda rare and they have limited attempts.

I got a mini crown for the Gold Rath on my first try using the event.
HOWEVER, for the mini Silver Rath I'm having no luck at all. I ran a shitton of times and nothing just yet.

Like KingTom95 said, I too believe they are very similar to investigations, but in this case (gold/silver) I think the event is worth it. Don't waste your good investigations trying to get a crown. :P