Trophy thoughts?

IntroPhenom

I am disappointed with the trophy images. As I know, in the steam version there are various images for each trophy. Is there any chance they will change them? Description is also strange for platinum trophies like "complete every other ACHIEVEMENTS". Thats odd.

Edited by Sykacz

On 28.09.2019 at 7:24 AM, Kavatus said:

Wonder if all these games still run ADD 2nd edition rulesets. Would difficulty setting just alter hp, damage, saving throws and stats of enemies. 

Oh the save scumming on each level up to get as much hp as possible. 

Lots of fights at end game can be cheesing with bunch of wand of hold enemy and wand of summon monster unless they are modified on enchanced edition. 

Enchanced edition has that little thing among options to always roll max possible amount of hp on level up. 

I've played enchanced editions of BG, BG II and IWD (currently going through NWN as well) on android and can confirm at least there all cheesy strats with summoning worked as it did in original release over 20 years ago. 

I honestly admit BG II with probably every mod released (and any combination of mods) is definitely top 1 of games I spent most time with and I played it for the first time right at the premiere. 

Though I'll get it for ps4 at some point just for the plats, I won't rush with the purchase. I strongly advice checking out how the game actually plays on console. In my opinion, enchanced editions of these classics are some of the most unnecessary things in gaming. They barely support any mods and there is HUGE amount of some spectacular fan-made stuff for BG and also original versions still work well on any windows so one shouldn't have a single problem running them on modern pc. Another thing, is these EE had tone of technical issues upon their releases on pc and I, unfortunetly, expect same situation on consoles. 

However, it is nothing else but my opinion, but BG and BG II are, hands down, the greatest rpg titles I've played along with Fallout 2, so if anyone missed them or is simply too young to remember, I really suggest to have them on your radar. 

Thread is about trophies so a word about them. For someone unexperienced highest difficulty might be a challenge (I believe difficulty in EE applies the same way as it did in original games). Other than that, as some people already mentioned here, trophies are mostly about doing side quests and many of them need you to make conflicting choices on particular quest, but as long as saving works like it worked before, you absolutely won't need 2nd playthrough. Simple quicksave/quickload will do the job. I also don't recall BG to have that many enemies so getting 1000 kills might be tricky but you can always grind kobolds at Firewine bridge or Nashkel mine. Long story short, list looks pretty easy. 

• Like 1

So who's curious about trophy:

Bandits Banished *

Killed Tazok and ended the bandit threat to the Sword Coast.

That will pop during Sarevok's fight or they mispelled and they ment kill: Venkt and the guys in Tazok's tent. He was only killable in vanilla version of BG, enhanced made it impossible, before Sarevok's fight. Am I right?

57 minutes ago, skroq said:

So who's curious about trophy:

Bandits Banished *

Killed Tazok and ended the bandit threat to the Sword Coast.

That will pop during Sarevok's fight or they mispelled and they ment kill: Venkt and the guys in Tazok's tent. He was only killable in vanilla version of BG, enhanced made it impossible, before Sarevok's fight. Am I right?

Been a while since I played the game and I've never played the EE, but looking at the relative position of the trophy in the list, it seems likely this pops when you clear the bandit camp.

Guess it should just say "defeat Tazok" or whatever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I am so excited to play this. I was able to find it on Ebay brand new and it was super cheap. I was saving it for when I had enough time to really submerse myself and take the time to enjoy it. Well, I couldn't help myself and dove into it today. So far it is a lot of fun. It is bringing back so many memories. This was one of my favorite games on the PC. 

On 10/19/2019 at 3:08 AM, syn1905 said:

I keep getting signed out of ps4 when starting baulders gate 2 and now the trophies wont sync and I get a error message when trying to sync manually

Did you ever get this sorted out? I looked through your list and noticed you are still at zero percent so I am guessing that you did not. I am going to try to find more information about this. I will let you know what I come up with.

On 7/6/2020 at 10:31 AM, syn1905 said:

Yea it's all figured out I just havnt gotten around to playing it yet. Originally just starting it would crash the system and no trophy list was showing up.

I am glad to hear that you were able to get it sorted out. I absolutely love this game. The trophies are pretty basic. Little sad that they are lame no pic trophies but oh well. The one main trophy that will give you the most trouble is the Lord of Murder trophy. You have to beat the game on the hardest difficulty. You can cheese through the game with invisibility but the last fight is very hard. Or at least it was for me. I had to try several different strategies to finally beat him. Good luck, let me know if you need any help.