Automated platinum with turbo-controller

Bizzy_Montana_

That was my first thought to do it like that and... It didn't work for me. Not sure if it is my version of the game or it is a general bug: when you die, 85% of the time "Try again" button is not showing up... You have to press "options" to pause the game and only then you can choose "Try again"...

Getting 300k points is not THAT bad actually - took me like one hour. Getting 300k units is worse... It is just so slow... And actually getting units was my main reason to try to use turbo controller.

Anyway thanks for detailed description of the method :).

Edited by Smashero

1 hour ago, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

Hey there everyone :)

You can let the game run by itself in case you own a turbo-controller.

To do this, boot the game, then put the auto-fire function on X and L2 (or R2, doesn't matter).

You'll restart the run over and over again, using one sword all the time. It might take a while to get to 300k points (I'm at 219k right now after around 11 hours of "gameplay"), but you can do / play something else in the meantime.

I had no savegame-problems or crahes yet, but you could make a cloud-backup from time to time.

Best of success to you and enjoy your effortless platinum trophy :)

Greetings from Germany!

Lol nice, turbo controller works great for the units. If you play offline it reloads even quicker. 

11 minutes ago, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

Ah yes, this could actually be the relevant point here!

I play the game offline and it tells me something like "leaderboards unavailable" whenever I die.

Playing online might cause the glitch Smashero described to occur.

The thing is that I was also playing all the time while being offline and had the same message + sth like "No internet connection" in bottom right corner and game was just stucking showing the score in the middle of the screen, without "Try again"/"Main Menu" buttons...

No idea, maybe it was just my PS4 :P.

7 minutes ago, Smashero said:

The thing is that I was also playing all the time while being offline and had the same message + sth like "No internet connection" in bottom right corner and game was just stucking showing the score in the middle of the screen, without "Try again"/"Main Menu" buttons...

Maybe your PS4 has reached the maximum amount of skip......... either way it is a 1 bottle plat, you will be fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smashero said:

Nope, had the same issue too. Was still able to plat it under 3 hours though. ?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

it seems almost impossible to play on vita, i finished it on ps4 so i got a free vita version. i wouldnt mind doing the grinding trophy legit on my spare time but its almost unplayable. the screen moves to fast and the images are to small so you often die way to quick. also the framerate turns into a mess. the system cant keep up with the game speed even though there really isnt many graphics. thinking about deleting this since im still at 0%. the only other thing i can think of is to use a program to connect my vita to my pc so i have a bigger screen, and then use the hdmi on my laptop to connect it to my tv and then that will fix the size issue. but thats alot of work lol. 

i own a horipad ps4 turbo controller for as long as i can remember now but i didn't now you can use autofire on 2 buttons at the same time??

you really sure this is possible? i really think you can only assign 1 button at the same time for auto fire...

On 24.3.2020 at 4:17 AM, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

1.) the game is compatible to PS Vita TV

and 

2.) you can connect a turbo controller to PS Vita TV. 

1) Compatible

2) Almost everything supported

But it won't work on Vita, because restarting the level works only with touchscreen. So yeah, prepare for suffering (you kinda get used to this ~5FPS gameplay really fast)

Thanks for sharing this information ScooloV!

And GMV-EHV, yes it's definitely possible to use auto - fire on multiple buttons at the same time. Take my example from above, press L2 and X at the same time and keep them pressed, press the turbo button once and release all 3 buttons. Then repeat this exact process and the hori - pad will press L2 and X simultaneously all the time without you having to press anything yourself. 

You see that it's working because there's the small green lamp below the turbo - button flashing. 

I'm quite sure that you're able to auto - fire more than 2 buttons, but I don't know the exact number. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...