Impressions of the 2.0 patch

I played the patched version of game yesterday for a while and I have to say, I am very surprised in a positive way. Here are a few things I noticed:

• The faster animations make a big difference. The game plays a lot faster now. I found it pretty sluggish before, but now it is a lot more fun and engaging.
  • The power rating is completely gone. The mission difficulty is now based on your character level. I might be wrong, but I think the game is a bit easier now. Because the jumps in required power ratings for for missions before were pretty steep sometimes. But the required character level seem to be a lot more moderate.
  • Loot now has a a level and a quality value, which is similiar to the power rating before. I don't understand this completely.
  • You can get now exp for killing enemies, also there is a permanent exp bar on the bottom of the screen. This changes the game greatly. You can now grind in missions by killing mobs. Awesome.
  • The exp gain is a lot greater than before (at least for campaign mission. No idea about other mission types). The exp bonus for finishing a mission plus the exp for killing mobs gave me roughly 1 and a half levels per mission. I went from 27 to 32 in barely 2 hours. Really nice change.
  • The loot drop rate seems higher. I got nearly a whole screen full of loot after each missions. Also more purple loot than before. Sadly the loot seems not that good than before.
  • You no longer gain Fate from selling purple loot, also you gain way less of it from mission. Not sure whats the best way now to gain it.
  • The crafting system is completely different. I have barely used it and can't say anything about it.
  • The tarot table is no longer available! It is not a bug as I thought. The system has been integrated into the star chart.
  • A lot more...

So, this is a real monster of a content patch. I already planned on giving up on the game. But now I am completely into it. Whats your opinion?

PS: If you start the game up after the patch, there is a good chance, that all your audio settings are set to 10%. So you need to change them.

i gotta admit i'm enjoying this patch more than i thought i would. i like how combat is sped up but not the pace of Diablo 3's able to do stuff in seconds. 

i love the new loot as it makes sense now to actually try equip gear that helps your build with stats needed unlike the power level where it was just equip the highest PLV. i think quality just dictates its minimum and maximum rolls within its level and rarity bracket.but i'm not too sure. 

The patch made the game feel alot less clunky. Had it since launch and im loving it more now.

And im not blue screening every 4 missions 

Only gripe is i cant access the new content. 

Captain lady has a green ! But no go for clearing that flag ( lv 53 was pwrlv 1600 b4 removal)

Also finding some of my high teir quality (stat) relics having a lower gear score even (9 lv 54) vs some of simmilar type. Purple 12-15

I gave up on this game after launch and buying all dlc because of the gear stats and huge jumps needed to go to next missions. If I'm understanding this right there is now no gear requirement for a mission and it just scales to your level? If that's the case I'm gonna try this out again.

49 minutes ago, syn1905 said:

I gave up on this game after launch and buying all dlc because of the gear stats and huge jumps needed to go to next missions. If I'm understanding this right there is now no gear requirement for a mission and it just scales to your level? If that's the case I'm gonna try this out again.

Yeah its all level based and gear drops. -5 ~ +5 of your level.  Example

Your lv 10.  Your gear drops will be 10-15.

Crafted gear is set to your level.

Only dlc you need is city of suffering

All other trophy content is free. Seasion 1 & 2.

Also they made it to were you get exp for kills now.  Used to be all mission rewards only.

And you can add  tarot cards to every mission. (Unsure if effects campain. I hear they bolstered campain mission exp reward)

But theres a tarot card that gives +30% exp. You can stack that 3x. 

Doesn't cost faith.

And have a change to get upgrade tokens to power up said card 

Think every card has 10power ups

2 hours ago, absolon451 said:

I Wonder how patch 2.0 affect on trophies. Now when gear score system has removed from the game how to get "Hunter of Hunters" trophy ?

That trophys req. Hasnt changed

(Kill 5 boss type)

Most guides said to wait till power lv 1500 (lv 50) an do warzone

But that's an unnecessary grind just to get to nemisis

And they changed warzone abit anyway..

But. By the time you clear seasion 2 content you'll have killed 4~6 bosses ( i lost track)

Base campain has 2 bosses.

One at the end of what id consider ch2.

And one final boss fight.

Seasion 1 content had 1 boss type

Seasion 2 had 2 boss type.

My trophy poped on last mission for seasoon 2 khorhn content.

Even thou i had assassin halfway thru main campain. ( 1 boss kill )

Psyker at 1st boss kill

Crusader ( end of seasion 2. All bosses killed)

Optional to play w newst class they just added as well ( havent tested)

Now. If your talking about in game challange. They might have changed the requirement as that challange did say at pl 1500. But that challange isnt needed to unlock trophy. Just gives more passives

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI
*fluff / tarot info

I think the trophy for killing 5 bosses might be glitched with this patch.

I've finished the whole Martyr-scenario before the patch dropped, so I should have like 2 kills (I didn't look at the counter). But after the patch the counter said 0 progress. After finishing both the Drukari and the Khorne scenario, I got only 1 single boss kill... Well, whatever. I never planned to get platinum, but still...

Right now I am finished with the game. Maybe I re-install it one day and finish my second run with an assassin.

10 hours ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

That trophys req. Hasnt changed

(Kill 5 boss type)

Well i completed game twice and season 1 DLC before 2.0 Patch. Now i'm back to the game (after patch 2.0) and completed season 2 DLC. After all this my "Hunter of Hunters" counter is 1/5.

So where is the best place to grind next 4 boss kills - that is only trophy which separate me from Platinum and 100% in the game.  

45 minutes ago, absolon451 said:

Well i completed game twice and season 1 DLC before 2.0 Patch. Now i'm back to the game (after patch 2.0) and completed season 2 DLC. After all this my "Hunter of Hunters" counter is 1/5.

So where is the best place to grind next 4 boss kills - that is only trophy which separate me from Platinum and 100% in the game.  

The Knight boss in the warzones was how I got my last kills for this one.

3 hours ago, Willstown said:

The Knight boss in the warzones was how I got my last kills for this one.

Before patch 2.0 there was separate place to fight boss i think where is it now ? After completing stage/phase 1 of warzone i can only start stage/phase 2 but where is the boss ?

4 hours ago, absolon451 said:

Before patch 2.0 there was separate place to fight boss i think where is it now ? After completing stage/phase 1 of warzone i can only start stage/phase 2 but where is the boss ?

The new end game content is were the tarot system used to 'be

Once ya get 5 shards you can trigger a series of missions for end game rewards an such

I think theres bosses there.

If anything.

Start new campain. Get to the end of ch2 were you fight your 1st boss. That tanted waeforge goliath thing.

Do that a few times as progress stacks acrost all characters.

I have 0 progress twards the challange in game as all my bosses were killed <1500 pl. As i just threw my self at campain missions regaurdless of recomended power. 

But i did unlock. Hunter of hunters a 

With bout 7 boss mobs killed.

This games trophy system has been painfully buggy since day 1.

Destory 250 barrels for example.

Got in game challange completed but trophy didnt pop till 500+

Neocore forums should provide more assistance on boss location hunting

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/10/2019 at 9:15 AM, Ranari_Kai said:

I played the patched version of game yesterday for a while and I have to say, I am very surprised in a positive way. Here are a few things I noticed:

• The faster animations make a big difference. The game plays a lot faster now. I found it pretty sluggish before, but now it is a lot more fun and engaging.
  • The power rating is completely gone. The mission difficulty is now based on your character level. I might be wrong, but I think the game is a bit easier now. Because the jumps in required power ratings for for missions before were pretty steep sometimes. But the required character level seem to be a lot more moderate.
  • Loot now has a a level and a quality value, which is similiar to the power rating before. I don't understand this completely.
  • You can get now exp for killing enemies, also there is a permanent exp bar on the bottom of the screen. This changes the game greatly. You can now grind in missions by killing mobs. Awesome.
  • The exp gain is a lot greater than before (at least for campaign mission. No idea about other mission types). The exp bonus for finishing a mission plus the exp for killing mobs gave me roughly 1 and a half levels per mission. I went from 27 to 32 in barely 2 hours. Really nice change.
  • The loot drop rate seems higher. I got nearly a whole screen full of loot after each missions. Also more purple loot than before. Sadly the loot seems not that good than before.
  • You no longer gain Fate from selling purple loot, also you gain way less of it from mission. Not sure whats the best way now to gain it.
  • The crafting system is completely different. I have barely used it and can't say anything about it.
  • The tarot table is no longer available! It is not a bug as I thought. The system has been integrated into the star chart.
  • A lot more...

So, this is a real monster of a content patch. I already planned on giving up on the game. But now I am completely into it. Whats your opinion?

PS: If you start the game up after the patch, there is a good chance, that all your audio settings are set to 10%. So you need to change them.

How can you reroll reroll gears attributes now? It tells me I can't do it because I have to unlock the ability in the "Tech Tree"

• 6 months later...

Just to confirm, if you buy the standard edition, you then have to buy the Upgrade Pack to get the new class and Prophecy campaign, as it's not a free update?

Or can I just buy the standard game and the Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr - Prophecy expansion and that'll give me everything? ( As that's cheaper than buying the complete edition )

Edited by SecondGenesis