DOOM Eternal (March 20, 2020)

ziggypossum

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 5:12 AM, TheViper4Life said:

Uhhh..which version of DOOM 2016 were you playing where you heard Techno? The entire game was filled with Metal (Iron Maiden and Motorhead are Metal BTW)...and it was incredible. 

As for me,. I'm on board. I'm not a PC gamer...never have been, so I played bits and pieces of the original DOOM back in the day. So when I got DOOM 2016, I wasn't expecting much from it...and ended up loving it. So a sequel is very welcome. 

All of the music nearly all of it was tech rock, it does not fit in Doom, Compare this to this and all of this stems from this old track that is trying to be the second link, not techno rock crap.

I may come off as an asshole when I complain and so on but I care about games like doom and wolfenstein so if a dev fucks up something in them I will rain down my hate on it as anyone who loves something would, like looking to the Silent hill games or the Prince of Persia games, people complained about them being too different from the past ones. Sure change can help things and I am fine with that but changing too much will make it be some other game and not what the title says, you don't buy a crash game and then you get a semi open world beat em up when you pick up a crash game.

But will we be here forever if I go on as I do tend to go on a lot so I like to stop my ranting here.

Edited by KANERKB

7 hours ago, KANERKB said:

All of the music nearly all of it was tech rock, it does not fit in Doom, Compare this to this and all of this stems from this old track that is trying to be the second link, not techno rock crap.

I may come off as an asshole when I complain and so on but I care about games like doom and wolfenstein so if a dev fucks up something in them I will rain down my hate on it as anyone who loves something would, like looking to the Silent hill games or the Prince of Persia games, people complained about them being too different from the past ones. Sure change can help things and I am fine with that but changing too much will make it be some other game and not what the title says, you don't buy a crash game and then you get a semi open world beat em up when you pick up a crash game.

But will we be here forever if I go on as I do tend to go on a lot so I like to stop my ranting here.

I'm not calling you an asshole...I haven't been posting here long enough to know if you are or not. :P

I don't know, I remember having very adrenaline fueled generic Metal music playing during my playthrough, none of which gave me any kind of techno vibe. There were even instances where I would stop and just let the song play. 

16 hours ago, TheViper4Life said:

I'm not calling you an asshole...I haven't been posting here long enough to know if you are or not. :P

I don't know, I remember having very adrenaline fueled generic Metal music playing during my playthrough, none of which gave me any kind of techno vibe. There were even instances where I would stop and just let the song play. 

Oh I know just putting it out there as people like to call me an asshole for bashing their game and calling them nothing more then cash grabs or saying am wrong about something and have said all the proof about it and backed my clam to the end and yeah, just saying.

As for the music dude that bit of music in the new doom is techno rock/metal and it may come off nice for you and others but I think and know for a fact that doom is pure metal and rock no techno rock or metal and so on, I mean looking at the old cover art of doom 1 and 2 it looks like a motorhead or iron maiden cover or manowar cover, there is even a nine inch nails easter egg in the first doom.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ziggypossum said:

Oh boy, they added pain elementals that don't shoot out lots and lots of lost souls to come after you, we have a somewhat dum looking look to doom guy, I mean why do we need a shoulder cannon? If it acts like the predator's shoulder cannon I guess but I see that being useless.

The chainsaw on the arm/ blade thing, I see that being waste of time as you could of just embraced the evil dead roots they took from and make that thing into a chainsaw arm part that can be used as much as you want in a melee mode and not always be there for the glory kills and the whole let's add some asshole invaders yeah I see a lot of that in games, thanks dark souls for making that a thing now we can't have a normal single player game without having asshole one and two popping in to try to kill us and saying it is a fun part to add to doom is just a dumass thing to say, the music is still the crap techno rock shit and to tell the truth I think that is just annoying as this is not doom's music it is classic rock not techno rock, god damn it.

Other then that the combat has not changed at all and that is a good thing but also bad as I think they need to really stop with the first and second encounter layout as that is how serious sam does it's combat not doom, it should be a kind of here you are at the start and there is the end point go there now while 100 plus demons block you, you could just run past everything if you liked but you didn't and so on, as I said the blocking part of it is annoying as it might be fun to do it in say 2 or 5 times but doing it over and over again is boring sure serious sam did it, but at least that fits with the game as that was how and always has been SS gameplay along with tons of hidden places to find loot or guns and so on.

Overall from the gameplay it is still looking good just hope it does not keep doing the same thing again and again as it is annoying seeing all this again, the removal of old rock music, the stop right here and kill x lot of enemies because game, adding in overly long glory kills that take too long till you get the rune, (and I hope they make it faster like the rune did) making you take dmg while doing glory kills and or dying because your slow ass can't do it faster that is if they make it be done faster.

Edited by KANERKB

I'm pretty much sold on the game after that gameplay footage. The chainsaw attachment looks cool, the grappling hook on the shotgun looks like it will be fun to use, and the gatling-shotgun is badass. Plus I like the the dash moves you can do, and being able to climb up walls is a nice feature. I'm also on board with it taking place in more than just a facility, and it looks like they are trying to add on to some more world building. Also "Warning: The Slayer has arrived at the facility" is a badass introduction for a character :P

But yeah, game looks really good. I was initially skeptical since it seemed a bit early for another announcement for the game but it looks like they are doing well on it.

Holy shit, I needed new pants after that footage.

Then when I found out it *will* be coming to the Switch right after changing pants, I needed another pair.

This shit looks dope. I've said it a hundred times, but no matter what the game, a grappling hook ALWAYS makes it better. Doom is Spider-Man confirmed.

It's looking badass.   Invasions can be turned off if you'd rather have a straight up SP campaign. I'd bet the pain elementals will throw more lost souls out on higher settings- maybe they used a Normal dfficulty at QC.  I like how the demons get visibly damaged as they eat your fire.  That dash move sounds like it'd be useful & fun.

Sometimes Doom's Glory Kills can leave you in trouble after they finish.  DraQu said that if you're playing on Nightmare or Ultra Nightmare, they don't really seem to be so useful because you don't get as much health (or armor if you have that rune equipped).  Speeding them up just a bit would be good.

This looks great. DOOM 2016's single player was flawless for me, and from the looks of this one they're just building atop a very solid foundation. I was somewhat disappointed with Wolfenstein 2 because I feel like they took steps back from the New Order, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. I'm really interested in seeing them dig into the lore more as well.

• 3 months later...

Times change. DOOM is Eternal. 

A quarter century has passed since DOOM was released to the unsuspecting masses. More than two decades later the franchise has spawned multiple sequels, spin-off titles, films, comics, and cemented itself as part of the pop culture lexicon. Over the next year we’re celebrating 25 years of ripping and tearing. Twenty-five years of mods, gibs, guns, and the most passionate, unwavering, and ardent fan base this side of Phobos. Whether you cut your teeth in 1993 or if DOOM (2016) was your first trip to Hell, we’re asking all DOOM Slayers past, present, and future to unite in celebrating one of entertainment’s most iconic franchises.

Welcome to the Year of DOOM.

ddQAOSP.jpg

0dmi03S.jpg

Join the Slayers Club to receive an exclusive Zombie DOOM Slayer skin for DOOM Eternal when it launches. Stay tuned for more details in the coming weeks around how to participate in the Year of DOOM, including information on exclusive content, rewards, events, contests, and much more.

https://slayersclub.bethesda.net/en

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...