SteelBook Edition Games

TrophyChief

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to capturing my steelbook collection for you all. A total of 17 thus far. I have a couple more on preorder that will add to the collection: Ghost of Tsushima & The Last of Us Part 2. My goal is to collect all the available PS exclusive steelbook game cases.

Those that are here:

• Bloodborne (Still need to play - backlog)
  • Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection (Platted all 3 & 100%)
  • Uncharted 4 (Platted & 100%)
  • Days Gone (Platted & 100%)
  • God of War (Platted & 100%)
  • Spider-Man (Platted & 100%)
  • Horizon Zero Dawn (Platted & 100%)
  • Death Stranding (Still need to play - backlog)
  • The Last of Us (Platted & 100%)
  • Shadow of the Colossus (Still need to play - backlog)
  • Medievil (Platted & 100%)
  • Tomb Raider (Platted &100%)
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider (Platted & 100%)
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Platted & 100%)
  • Assassin's Creed Origins (Still need to play - backlog)
  • Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Still need to play - backlog)
  • Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order (Platted & 100%)

ASEknuT.jpgk1QTnlw.jpg

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For those interested, you can secure a Resident Evil 8 (Village) steelbook case for free if you preorder the game at Bestbuy. Got my preorder in today. Available for either the standard or deluxe version of the game. 

Here is the link for Deluxe version:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/resident-evil-village-deluxe-edition-playstation-5/6450473.p?skuId=6450473

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@CorrosivescottI see you got all steelbooks variants for Cyberpunk which is cool! You secure them online from a private seller? I only have the Collector's edition steelbook at this time.

Next steelbooks I am getting are Resident Evil Village, Mass Effect Legendary Edition, and LEGO Star Wars Skywalker Saga. Slowly adding to my collection.

• Like 1

I recently just got interested in steelbooks mainly with converting back to physical media. My issue is I'm located in Canada and I noticed a lot of steelbook editions are available at Best Buy US and not in Canada and they dont ship outside of the US. A good example of this is RE8, Best Buy US has/did have an exclusive steelbook but I can't get it shipped here. So a lot of the time if I want a steelbook I have to purchase some giant $200CAD+ edition of a game which isnt feasible. Doesn anyone know somewhere that does ship internationally or in Canada that have special editions of games that come with the steelbooks? I'm not keen on buying secondhand from ebay because prices are ridiculous and usually I'm looking for new games. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated I just really wish it was wider practice to have mid tier preorder bundles that included steelbooks (at least with games I've wanted in the past this has been few and far between)

Between here and the steelbook subreddit, there's no shortage of great collections I'm seeing, and it spurred my own interest in starting to collect the as well. My current spacing situation is limited, but I'm planning in the very near future to purchase a house so I'm curious..does anyone here have a unique setup or display for their steelbooks?

@MrTrofyHunter

I got 2 from buying the CE from Best Buy, Then Best Buy put the game on sale for $30 so I bought it for X1 and PS4 that got me two more from BB. So I had to go to eBay to grab the last one I needed. 

Yes I am sure those are my next as well I have the RE8 CE ordered from GameStop, then ME I have ordered at BB the collector's edition without the game... but has a Steelbook lol also got LEGO SW ordered at BB on PS4 & 5, so will be getting myself 2 Han Steelbooks haha

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

Between here and the steelbook subreddit, there's no shortage of great collections I'm seeing, and it spurred my own interest in starting to collect the as well. My current spacing situation is limited, but I'm planning in the very near future to purchase a house so I'm curious..does anyone here have a unique setup or display for their steelbooks?

Yeah, space is a common concern for a growing a large collection. I’m not at a point where it is for me personally. I enjoy physical media so I make it a point to keep enough space open to display. My setup is just below my entertainment center in the living room. I’m sure others have dedicated rooms or areas in the house to store their collection. I’d like to to have a nicer setup at some point. Have fun collecting.  

12 hours ago, Beth Medusa said:

I recently just got interested in steelbooks mainly with converting back to physical media. My issue is I'm located in Canada and I noticed a lot of steelbook editions are available at Best Buy US and not in Canada and they dont ship outside of the US. A good example of this is RE8, Best Buy US has/did have an exclusive steelbook but I can't get it shipped here. So a lot of the time if I want a steelbook I have to purchase some giant $200CAD+ edition of a game which isnt feasible. Doesn anyone know somewhere that does ship internationally or in Canada that have special editions of games that come with the steelbooks? I'm not keen on buying secondhand from ebay because prices are ridiculous and usually I'm looking for new games. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated I just really wish it was wider practice to have mid tier preorder bundles that included steelbooks (at least with games I've wanted in the past this has been few and far between)

Man, that sucks having financial roadblocks preventing you in securing a nice collection. Don’t know of any sellers that ship internationally to Canada at a reasonable cost. Maybe others know? Good luck my friend.

5 hours ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

Man, that sucks having financial roadblocks preventing you in securing a nice collection. Don’t know of any sellers that ship internationally to Canada at a reasonable cost. Maybe others know? Good luck my friend.

Its not so much  financial roadblocks its just the average ebay steelbook just for the steelbook is $70-$100 and like I sadly just cant justify that. But my main concern/bummer is the fact a lot of the preorder steelbooks arent an option in Canada, again the US Best Buy exclusives are plentiful and really nice but theres no way of getting them outside of the US. I've managed to secure some older ones through places like FB Marketplace and Kijiji (Canada's craigslist) but mainly again new ones/preorder exclusives are options here. I did manage to secure the UK TLOU2 steelbook from Amazon.uk so I might have to continue looking at international sites it seems. 

Anyways I forgot to say awesome collection you have :) I really love the Medievil steelbook

11 hours ago, Ptirle said:

IMG_20210308_170801.jpg

Magnets do wonders with space needed, also you get to see the beauty of steelbooks all the time.

I want to do something like that but have the steelbook open so it would display both sides. Maybe make a frame with rows and put some magnets in there to hold them in place, although since there isn't much surface area if opened idk how well it will hold.

On 07/03/2021 at 11:31 PM, Corrosivescott said:

Some of my newest Steelbooks, These are Russian.

I also Finally completed the 5 Cyberpunk Steelbooks.

And some random ones with my last Cyberpunk one

Wow your collection is really neat! Is the background all games or films as well?

23 minutes ago, Corrosivescott said:

@LoveInHell

Thank you. 

It is all games, the top 2 rows have PS1 Longboxes followed by Saturn and Sega CD. Then the rest is my PS Vita collection, you can also see some PS2 behind MKX

Wow, that is so impressive! ? I wish I could collect like that. It’s awesome

I have a love/hate relationship with steelbooks. On one hand, they look cool, and when the discs arrive in them through the post, I've never once gotten a loose disc (something I experience semi-regularly with regular PS4 cases). On the other hand, with a lot of steelbooks, it feels like I'm going to snap the disc in half trying to get it out. I've noticed that with the steelbooks that seem to have actual press-in spindles, like the one on Catherine Full Body, it isn't an issue, but so many on PS4 just have these giant inflexible spindles that make it a nightmare getting the disc out. Also, if a steelbook does get damaged and that's the only case for the game you have, you're screwed. My Dragon's Crown steelbook doesn't like closing properly for whatever reason and that's always bugged me, and I have one steelbook where for some reason, discs don't sit flat on the spindle so I just simply don't use it and keep the disc in a regular blank case.

Whenever I receive a game that comes with the steelbook as an extra and the disc otherwise comes in a regular case, you can bet that steelbook is just going in a drawer somewhere never to be used or seen again. I already have too many collector's editions and other memorabilia on display for me to be showing off my unused steelbooks anywhere. Heck, I'm currently struggling to even find room for just new games themselves nowadays.

Anyway, a list of steelbooks I have (where the disc is actually in them, not gonna bother remembering what unused steelbooks I own):

Catherine Full Body

Dragon's Crown Pro

Persona 5

Persona 5 Royal

Bloodborne

XIII

Monster Hunter World Iceborne

Uncharted 4

Yakuza Kiwami

Yakuza Kiwami 2

Yakuza Like a Dragon

Forza 5 (Xbox One)

Fallout 4 (Xbox One)

Vanquish (PS3)

Dark Souls 2 (PS3, kinda hate this one, it just has a blank spine, doesn't say the name of the game on it or anything)

Probably forgetting a few, but that's most of 'em.

15 hours ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

I want to do something like that but have the steelbook open so it would display both sides. Maybe make a frame with rows and put some magnets in there to hold them in place, although since there isn't much surface area if opened idk how well it will hold.

Well making magnetic frames or normal frames on top and bottom and to slide steelbooks in them might work, dunno really.

• Like 1

On 2021-02-06 at 3:38 PM, MrTrofyHunter said:

Here are updated photos of my steelbook game collection. Goal is to 100% complete each of them. Just a handful more.

L3grhVJ.jpg

idh8ACh.jpg

Wow! What a collection. I personally only own God of War's, at least out of the ones you have. Also, is that *TWO* copies of The Avengers game? Surely you got them solely for the Steelbooks, because I'd be hard pressed to find someone actually buying them to play the game.

I own God of War's (2018) and Red Dead Redemption 2's steelbooks. I really enjoy them, mainly because I have so few. I was definitely bummed having to get the $120 CAD version, which obviously came with the game, but most of the content was for the garbage Red Dead Online. God of War's while not amazing looking, felt great because I felt I got the Collector's edition for a great price ($80 for the game and $100 for the statue, steelbook, etc). If any of the Arkham games had steelbooks I'd definitely have them. I'd definitely say they do it to make more money, surely making them doesn't cost much, and they know collectors will eat them up. Perosnally if it's a good game like RDR2 I'll gladly pay more to show my support for a phenomenal game!

4 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Wow! What a collection. I personally only own God of War's, at least out of the ones you have. Also, is that *TWO* copies of The Avengers game? Surely you got them solely for the Steelbooks, because I'd be hard pressed to find someone actually buying them to play the game.

Thanks! One Avengers steelbook was an exclusive Best Buy pre-order offer and the other is from the collector’s edition. Haven’t got around playing the game yet but willing in the future. Let’s hope positive changes will be coming to the game. 

21 hours ago, Corrosivescott said:

@OmegaRejectz

s-l1600.jpg

There is the collection steelbook...

s-l1600.jpg

Origins...

s-l1600.jpg

City...

s-l1600.jpg

Knight...

There are a few others also, lots to hunt down ;) 

Maybe it’s just my end, but I don’t see any images just the name.jpg?

Edit: Can see the images now. Did a little digging on my end, found out there wer FOUR Arkham City Steelbooks, Catwoman, Penguin, Two-Face & The Joker. All sold from different retailers. I definitely think they should've made one steelbook that had all the different villians on the cover. And apparently the two different Origins "steelbooks" are actually metalpaks or ironpaks (basically metal cases made by a different company). They seem to have been mostly released in Europe, and from how long it took me to find that information, I'd reckon they didn't advertise them well. Also, it seems not a single one of them was included in any of their Collectors Editions, I know for sure it didn't come with Arkham Origins Collectors Edition in North America, because I just have Arkham Origins Xbox 360 plastic case.

Edited by OmegaRejectz