Star Wars region split

What is strange is that most games I buy here (Australia) are EU region but on PSNProfiles my trophies are synced as NA.

7 minutes ago, RoxasOnFire said:

If you have both copies, yeah.

I will have to look for a EU region copy. The game is worth playing through again and if there is an extra :platinum: to earn than it makes it even more enticing. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, reiner- said:

What is strange is that most games I buy here (Australia) are EU region but on PSNProfiles my trophies are synced as NA.

I will have to look for a EU region copy. The game is worth playing through again and if there is an extra :platinum: to earn than it makes it even more enticing. 

Australian games generally are EU region and Star Wars is no exception in my case. Where did you buy your copy from? The place you got it from might be importing other region versions for whatever reason.

4 minutes ago, Terarded said:

Australian games generally are EU region and Star Wars is no exception in my case. Where did you buy your copy from? The place you got it from might be importing other region versions for whatever reason.

I got my copy from JBHiFi. Every other game I've bought from there has been EU.

Just now, reiner- said:

I got my copy from JBHiFi. Every other game I've bought from there has been EU.

Ah, i was half expecting some shady online seller or something haha thats certainly strange. Mine was EB Games and a friend of mine who also got an EU version bought his from Target, there may have been some sort of mixup for JB's order or something. On the bright side it would be much easier to find an EU version floating around without having to import. Just make sure to check the region codes are compatible if you download any future DLC, just in case!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Terarded said:

Ah, i was half expecting some shady online seller or something haha thats certainly strange. Mine was EB Games and a friend of mine who also got an EU version bought his from Target, there may have been some sort of mixup for JB's order or something. On the bright side it would be much easier to find an EU version floating around without having to import. Just make sure to check the region codes are compatible if you download any future DLC, just in case!

Just updated my trophies and Star Wars has now synced as EU.

Looks like I won't be getting that extra :platinum: after all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, reiner- said:

Just updated my trophies and Star Wars has now synced as EU.

Looks like I won't be getting that extra :platinum: after all.

Interesting.  I was going to get the Amazon EU version since I have NA. Yours just has the Pegi logo right? I don't want to buy 2 NA copies lol. I've noticed some have the Asian ESRB logo and wonder what region they play in.

11 hours ago, MrTrofyHuntr said:

Don't know all the technicalities for region splits like this, but it would be nice to just have one universal region per game. This might be an unpopular opinion with the hard core trophy hunters, but the confusion would stop and the region stacking can be prevented.

There's very little confusion and typically it is sorted out very quickly after the game launches.

I'm not sure what the rationale would be to consolidate the lists. Gamers can get a plat two (or three or more) times if they want, and companies can generate more sales. 

I'm not advocating that every game should have a dozen stacks, but at the same time I really don't see this as being a major inconvenience.

26 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

There's very little confusion and typically it is sorted out very quickly after the game launches.

I'm not sure what the rationale would be to consolidate the lists. Gamers can get a plat two (or three or more) times if they want, and companies can generate more sales. 

I'm not advocating that every game should have a dozen stacks, but at the same time I really don't see this as being a major inconvenience.

Yeah I mean I like it. Once I get a plat I usually don't play that game anymore. Which is why I'm glad games like ffxv and the witcher have multiple stacks. Yeah they are a grind, but I like them enough to get as many stacks as possible since I get to replay some of my favorite games. 

On 16/11/2019 at 4:46 PM, Xannic said:

Off the top of my head, Witcher 3 is one. 

Only the GOTY editions, actually. The vanilla one had a single list. I stopped trying to understand this kind of things long ago...

Edited by Neef-GT5

18 hours ago, RoxasOnFire said:

Interesting.  I was going to get the Amazon EU version since I have NA. Yours just has the Pegi logo right? I don't want to buy 2 NA copies lol. I've noticed some have the Asian ESRB logo and wonder what region they play in.

Mine doesn't have a PEGI logo on it. I thought PEGI was NA?

EDIT: Turns out my copy was EU version. It was a syncing problem on this site but now it is working properly.

Edited by reiner-

3 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

PEGI = Pan European Gaming Information

ESRB = Entertainment Software Rating Board

If I had to guess I'd say the first one is not strictly American.

Well shit.

On the shoulder of my copy there is a code with CUSA above it?

EDIT: It's definitely EU. It has SIEE (Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe) on the actual disc but has no PEGI logo on either disc or cover.

Edited by reiner-

2 minutes ago, reiner- said:

Well shit.

On the shoulder of my copy there is a code with CUSA above it?

I'm in Europea and most of my games have the CUSA code, I think that's just Sony's internal classification and doesn't have anything to do with USA for example (logical, right).

There should be some rating information on the game regardless. Also you could check the back of the box for the Bluray region symbol, as that should not be 1 if it's an EU/AUS copy (my copy of the game for example has a 2). It's the little logo with the planet and number next to the Bluray logo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IDiivil said:

I'm in Europea and most of my games have the CUSA code, I think that's just Sony's internal classification and doesn't have anything to do with USA for example (logical, right).

There should be some rating information on the game regardless. Also you could check the back of the box for the Bluray region symbol, as that should not be 1 if it's an EU/AUS copy (my copy of the game for example has a 2). It's the little logo with the planet and number next to the Bluray logo.

There you go mine has the number 4. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2019 at 4:07 PM, MrTrofyHuntr said:

Don't know all the technicalities for region splits like this, but it would be nice to just have one universal region per game. This might be an unpopular opinion with the hard core trophy hunters, but the confusion would stop and the region stacking can be prevented.

Don't see why region stacking needs to be prevented... it still takes the same amount of effort to get the 2nd platinum

• Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 4:07 AM, MrTrofyHuntr said:

This is the first time I've seen the topic of stacking - I don't know what classifies as hardcore trophy hunters but I personally don't see the allure in having two exact copies...
I have quite a few trophies hidden on the PS mainly because I hide games that were remastered or relaunched as GOTY etc. (Bioshock, GTA, TLoU, Uncharted...) when I'm playing them again (because you play for fun not just trophies eh?) even though I got the platinum the first time.

Seems like a cheesy way to up your platinum count for what I can only assume are forum bragging right, imho they go maybe a couple of steps above shitty 1/10 PSN 30min PSN pay-for-plat games...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I was wondering why the trophy guide here wasn’t showing my collected trophies, I’m assuming it’s because I have the EU version and the guide linked is the NA version? PSNPofiles gods, is there any chance of creating a copy of the trophy guide that shows our completed EU trophies please?

• Like 1