Easy way to get God-Like trophy

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2019 at 3:26 PM, MidnightDragon said:

You can easily pop the trophy for winning on Deity by creating a game and going into advanced settings. Set it to score victory and 1 turn. Then turn difficulty up to deity, play 1 round, and you should win. If not, I read selecting Rome should be enough, which I went ahead and did so. You will also unlock Game, Settler, Match and Machiavelli's Great Work. I did it and forgot to set it to Deity, so had to do it twice. xD 

Still works, just tried it out! You are a saint for this.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/21/2020 at 8:24 AM, TajoniHD said:

I tried it about 10 times with Rome and 10 times with Russia and it didn't work. Seems like it's fixed.

Keep trying, I think the only way they could "fix" it is to remove the ability to set it to one turn. If I recall correctly, buying up tiles of land might help boost your score - I am not sure but where you settle your city will have an effect as well.  I.E. land desirability,  amenities etc, this is a largely random factor. 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There is another way to do this.  This can be done online, even in a team.  Mrs Bee and I played a game with me set to deity, her set to settler (still learning) and all the AI on prince, and when we won the game, I got the trophy.

Just throwing it out there.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe the 1 turn method no longer works. What you can do is start a game on the TSL Europe map. Play as Germany and select the Netherlands and France. You will start right beside them and be able to capture their settlers on turn 1 achieving a domination win.  

• 2 weeks later...

It still works but u can actually get 2 additional trophies (1 for domination victory n the other is a dlc trophy) in 0 turns if u play the Gifts of the Nile scenario. Once the game begins just kill all the settlers and boom 5 trophies at once (u can get trophies as 2nd, 3rd, 4th player, ..etc) just don't forget to set the difficulty to Deity and choose any leader.

• 4 months later...
On 2/22/2021 at 8:27 PM, FFATMA said:

I can confirm that this works as of 02/21/21.  I used a Duel Map with Maori as the AI opponent because he was stuck out at sea!  Worked on the first try.

This is best trick to add to the one turn strategy but does require Gathering Storm, at least that was the only rule set I found Maori listed as an option to pick them. 

I did it last night to quickly unlock all the win a  regular game trophies with a specific Civilization. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Happy to report this still works in 2024!! My setup was:

Duel Map

Deity obviously lol

Islands

Abundant resources

Legendary starting position

I picked Russia and went against Aztecs

Just make sure you plant your settler as soon as you start. Took me a few tries but it worked! If it doesn't work the first time, input your settings and save them for a quicker retry on subsequent goes.