this game is a timesink

rockstarjazz

Im not afraid to say i loved the story but i couldn't deal with the plat. 

I mean the story isnt Shakespeare but i enjoyed it thoroughly. I did some side stuff after and multiplayer but it didnt keep me hooked in single or multi player to finish the plat. 

Collect-a-thons are rarely fun. Especially if they arent a static item and rng is involved. Its not just skill for this plat, its patience too. 

• Like 1

I still love the story even after getting the plat today, but after all this I'm also glad to not have to play it for now. I was at some point close to give up, after getting 100%, because of the gold medals. i fighted trough but by around 15 left, I just don't know how to get 15 more, easier seemingly missions seemed to bug some challenge(At least i feel like so) or your equipment and stuff where just crap. it only took me so long because i stopped for months. That december update making replays fairer thou gave me a sudden motivation boost, i worked from 22 to lv 50 trough most of my vacation, managed slightly easier to get the friggin last 15 gold and used this weekend to get the last 2 animal trophys done, using most of yesterday and a few hours this morning to finish it, beeing happy i got so many researched and skinned before, tough still was alot. the most frustrating ones on my try where mostly the Moose(Not the bull) which costs me hours until i did a smart and checked up youtube and in like only half a hour i got it, lol. the california owl also took me some time and frustration, especially because when i finally saw it, i couldnt research it because stupid cougar decided to attack me, then fel of my scare horse, killed it, back up, looking around and couldt made it researching before dissapearing -.- some others took some time too, while not hours at least, others i checked, ride, found 2 minutes later. these 2 pigeons, thanks to a video, where even on the same spot, 2 in one xD

But yeah, i say, the plat is insane and kills your time, but I still love it for the story and stuff. But I can understand alot of frustration here, i certainly lost 10 years of my life for this plat xD

On 28/01/2020 at 10:57 AM, ziggypop_79 said:

Just started playing this week, I found it so boring that I nearly gave up, but the train hijack got me a bit more interested, but it’s so slow paced, hardly game of the year?

You are so right, and that is exactly how I felt playing the game. Stopped playing for a year up until a month ago and now I can't put it down. 

On 27.1.2020 at 10:57 PM, ziggypop_79 said:

Just started playing this week, I found it so boring that I nearly gave up, but the train hijack got me a bit more interested, but it’s so slow paced, hardly game of the year?

Which train hijack, the one in chapter 1? Chapter 1 in general is extremely slow paced and was by far my least favorite partof the SP, even though slow pacing doesnt bother me in other games.

• 1 month later...

I initially spent hours and hours trying to find the various animals, pelts, plants, collectibles etc and it was absolutely draining me, sometimes spending hours at a time without really achieving anything. I loved the game, but I wasn't particularly enjoying the attempt at the 100%.

Fast forward 12 months and I've picked the game up again. Now that there's sufficient information and videos in regards to the various locations of said animals, collectibles and plants, I've fell back in love with the game and it doesn't seem like much of a grind at all! 

• Like 1