RPG Mania 2020 Edition ( Sign ups closed).

7 minutes ago, cckerberos said:

There isn't a topic for the 2021 edition yet. I wouldn't be surprised if there is no event next year.

Really? Too bad , i wanted to join this year but i was late and the sign up was already closed.

Can i contact someone?

Edited by TenebraZero

If someone else wishes to to keep the flame going next year that is better at it, by all means but I obviously so not anymore have time and energy to devote to it full time as I did years ago. I thought I could if I did less but I guess not. I hope that  those that participated had fun at least and played some great games. 

Now with Plat Rain Day event over aloug with Christmas and New Years, NieR: Automata ended up being the last RPG I got the plat in of 2020. There's still the matter of this month, let's see if I can plat other RPGs besides The Witcher 3(only if I can clear the game on "Death March!" difficulty before the end of the month).

NieR: Automata

100 + 32 + 26 + 12 - 30.82 = 139.18

About RPG 2021 edition. I can try to run the next one if no one wants to do it or has the time for it. if someone does run the next one then I like to re-use the Double point games and Triple point game which was the Utawarerumono trilogy since I yet to get to them.

8 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Now with Plat Rain Day event over aloug with Christmas and New Years, NieR: Automata ended up being the last RPG I got the plat in of 2020. There's still the matter of this month, let's see if I can plat other RPGs besides The Witcher 3(only if I can clear the game on "Death March!" difficulty before the end of the month).

NieR: Automata

100 + 32 + 26 + 12 - 30.82 = 139.18

About RPG 2021 edition. I can try to run the next one if no one wants to do it or has the time for it. if someone does run the next one then I like to re-use the Double point games and Triple point game which was the Utawarerumono trilogy since I yet to get to them.

If you are the one Who run the next one can u sign me up?

15) Revenant Saga:  100 + 68 (trophies) - 25.00 (rarity) = 143.00

More cookie-cutter Kemco goodness.  Although, the ass-hat who came up with some of these trophies ought to be drawn and quartered.  Because the grinding necessary for some of the trophies and some of the post-game shit is a longer haul than the main storyline itself.  And that gets aggravating after a while, especially things like having to walk in circles in a town for 45 minutes after everything else is done to knock out the necessary step count.

On 1/4/2021 at 10:23 AM, acasser said:

15) Revenant Saga:  100 + 68 (trophies) - 25.00 (rarity) = 143.00

More cookie-cutter Kemco goodness.  Although, the ass-hat who came up with some of these trophies ought to be drawn and quartered.  Because the grinding necessary for some of the trophies and some of the post-game shit is a longer haul than the main storyline itself.  And that gets aggravating after a while, especially things like having to walk in circles in a town for 45 minutes after everything else is done to knock out the necessary step count.

That kind of reminds me of Valkyrie Drive, where there's a trophy for earning 5 million XP despite the fact that you hit the level cap at like 3 million.

On 31/12/2020 at 4:52 PM, kingofbattle8174 said:

If someone else wishes to to keep the flame going next year that is better at it, by all means but I obviously so not anymore have time and energy to devote to it full time as I did years ago. I thought I could if I did less but I guess not. I hope that  those that participated had fun at least and played some great games. 

If you feel I could keep the success of this moving forward, I'd like to set up the thread for 2021, considering I have a lot of free time at the moment, and it won't change any time soon.

I'll post up a thread within a couple of days and hopefully have a final scores for 2020 if doing one is taking up too much time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for that last push update, I wanted to do this after CS IV but real life got in the way and delayed it a bit, Anyway

Update:

Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD 100+70 - 33.89 = 136.11

Megadimension Neptunia VIIR 100+70 -16.86 = 153.14

Nexomon: Extinction: 100+70 -29.80 = 140.2

Super Neptunia RPG: 100+68 - 33.88 = 134.12

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III: 100+70 - 24.08 x2(Double Point)= 291.84

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV: 100+70 - 23.40 = 146.60

Total Update Points: 1002.01

Thanks

• Like 3

Just asking for general consensus about some classification about some games from the masses.

There are many games that have RPG type elements to them (eg. Skill Trees, upgrades for weapons or better weaponry) but do not have the traditional RPG mechanics involved (turn based/strategy combat, dedicated levelling or job systems).

As such, there are a couple of games I have questions about:
Blasphemous, Maneater and Crypt of the Necrodancer.

Blasphemous is the most likely to be classed as an RPG with Platforming elements being more along the lines of Dark Souls and Salt and Sanctuary, just curious on everyone's take.

Maneater, about the Shark that grows into an adult with the most ridiculous revenge story, says it is an RPG and has a skill tree, but I know little else besides that.

Crypt of the Necrodancer I always saw as a Rhythm, rogue-type game along the lines of Binding of Isaac, not sure about the RPG elements.

Will have final scores ready for the start of the new season hopefully.

This is my last update for 2020 : )

19) The Yakuza Remastered Collection, Yakuza 5 ( 425.88 )

100 + 70 - 7.06 ( Rarity ) - 0 + 50 ( Beast Mode ) = 212.94 x 2 ( Let's Play Bonus ) = 425.88

20) Genshin Impact ( 78 )

75 + 20 - 17 = 78

Total Update Points : 503.88

3 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Just asking for general consensus about some classification about some games from the masses.

There are many games that have RPG type elements to them (eg. Skill Trees, upgrades for weapons or better weaponry) but do not have the traditional RPG mechanics involved (turn based/strategy combat, dedicated levelling or job systems).

As such, there are a couple of games I have questions about:
Blasphemous, Maneater and Crypt of the Necrodancer.

Blasphemous is the most likely to be classed as an RPG with Platforming elements being more along the lines of Dark Souls and Salt and Sanctuary, just curious on everyone's take.

Maneater, about the Shark that grows into an adult with the most ridiculous revenge story, says it is an RPG and has a skill tree, but I know little else besides that.

Crypt of the Necrodancer I always saw as a Rhythm, rogue-type game along the lines of Binding of Isaac, not sure about the RPG elements.

Will have final scores ready for the start of the new season hopefully.

This way lies madness ? Defining RPGs is kind of a Ship of Theseus problem at this point.

Maneater isn't an RPG by any traditional definition. It's much closer to an open-world game like GTA with RPG elements. But the devs and most media outlets refer to it as an RPG, which is kinda definitively makes it one in my mind.

The only reason anyone would classify Crypt of the Necrodancer as an RPG is that it has a fantasy theme, IMO. 

Edited by cckerberos

The last RPGs I plated/100% before last year's RPG Mania end and this year's RPG Mania begins.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

100 + 67 + 16 + 12 - 11.03 - 0 = 183.97

The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone

50 + 13 - 16.99 = 46.01

The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine

50 + 13 - 17.77 = 45.23

Valkyria Chronicles

100 + 8 + 6 + 54 - 10.01 = 157.99 x 3 = 473.97

Valkyria Chronicles was the Call Out Bonus I was given by @kingofbattle8174

Hopefully the math is right.

• Like 2

My last update for RPG mania 2020:

Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion

100 + 68 - 1.91 - 0 = 166.09

Genshin Impact 

75 + 20 - 15 = 80

Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite Combate

100 + 70 - 22.01 = 149.09

166.09 + 80 + 149.09 = 386.18

Edited by Whitelightnin683
  • Like 1

So, I have been counting and checking the profiles of all the competitors adding games that have been missed and updating parts of the original spreadsheet.

The scores are in and they are quite different to what has been counted in some places.

Ranking    Participant               Sum of Score
1                Cckerberos                  7788.15
2                Fisty123                       5188.22
3                Laburnski                     4981.51
4                Acasser                        4908.48
5                AlterArchuria               4389.90
6                Whitelightnin683        4250.40
7                Spykeralbersfan01     4011.58
8                Redbeard-Rik               3116.23
9                Leon Castle                  3092.84
10              Scarishbal                    1964.81
11              Sanctified Sword        1697.77
12              Cferguson9595           1237.49
13              Freespark22                1206.55
14              Armored_Oso66         1117.63
15              Freddie1989                 763.06
16              Kingofbattle8174        574.65
17              AdventFury                   524.50
18              Psy-Tychist                   511.86
19              AffectatiousDonk        371.15
20              LordShiran                         0

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

The scores are in and they are quite different to what has been counted in some places

I only went by what was posted in this thread because, frankly, if someone couldn't be bothered to post here, I wasn't going to go to extra effort on their behalf.