RPG Mania 2020 Edition ( Sign ups closed).

1 hour ago, AffectatiousDonk said:

I don't know anyone that has finished this game, what is it like ? Is it fun ? I am not worried about the platinum. Thanks

Overall, it's just okay. I thought it had a really cool art style and an amusing if not groundbreaking story. The gameplay is running around hitting enemies with your sword or magic from a top-down perspective like in old-school Zelda or Mana games. But it's not challenging at all and doesn't show much variety over the course of the game. The longest battle (an optional postgame dungeon) takes about ten minutes. Otherwise most stages can be beaten in five minutes or less.

There are four princesses and the first half of the game will have you play through an introductory chapter with each. You'll then choose which princess' route you want to follow for the second half of the game. To play through the game's "true ending" you'll need to have played through each princess' route first. So you're looking at five playthroughs to see the entire story. Maybe 25-30 hours in all? I know you said you weren't worried about the platinum but, just for the record, that takes a total of seven playthroughs.

Anyway, the game's not without its charm but feels pretty repetitive by the end. The story and art are the main draws.

• Like 2

Update:

Destiny Connect: Tick-Tock Travelers 100 base score + 64 trophy points - 29.49 completion rarity - 0 completion negation + 50 Speed Run Bonus = 184.51 points scored

Heroes Trials
100 base score + 68 trophy points - 94.08 completion rarity - 0 completion negation = 73.92 points scored

Thanks

• Like 1

6) Tales of Xillia 2 = 100 + 46 - 5.81 (Rarity) - 5 (37% completed) = 135.19

Finally got around to finishing the platinum 5 years later. Playing through it again I remember why I didn't finish it the first time. The title grinding is rough. But I got to re-experience the story again and I got reminded why this is one of my favorite Tales of titles.

• Like 3

Update:

1) Final Fantasy 7 (Original) PS4: 100 + 69 - 25.04 - 0 + 25 = 168.96

Spoiler

100 = Plat Default Points

69 = 5 gold * 6, 13 silver * 2, 13 bronze * 1 = 30 + 26 + 13 = 69

25.04 = Plat completion %

0 = No deductions prior to event

25 = Beast mode (?) This is my 2nd Final Fantasy game in the series completed. I completed the Remake of FF7 first.

2) Devious Dungeon 2 (PS4): 100 + 70 - 81.06 - 0 = 88.94

Spoiler

100 = Plat Default Points

70 = 8 gold * 6, 5 silver * 2, 12 bronze * 1 = 48 + 10 + 12 = 70

81.06 = Plat completion %

0 = No deductions prior to event

On this one, I completed the original Devious Dungeon before this one, but it was completed before the event even started so I'm not sure I get a beast mode bonus for this one. 

• Like 2

Update:

NieR 100 base score + 70 trophy points - 7.79 completion rarity - 19 completion negation = 143.21 points scored

NieR: Automata 100 base score + 70 trophy points - 31.43 completion rarity - 0 completion negation = 138.57 points scored

Thanks

• Like 2

5) Okage: Shadow King

100 (base) + 64 (trophies) - 10.46 (rarity) = 153.54

If the PS2 was the "Golden Age of RPGs" as I've seen it opined, this is one of those games that kidnapped it, tortured it to death, and spread the body parts far and wide for public viewership. This may be the single worst game I've ever played, and my completing it was one part "I had spent the money", one part "this is a relatively short RPG for event points" and two parts "my OCD won't allow me to leave this incomplete on my profile".

Now, a question for clarification:  They're re-releasing Kingdoms of Amalur for PS4 in August.  I've played the original PS3 game to completion.  If the re-release has a separate trophy list, do the competition rules permit me to get scoring credit for that as well?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, acasser said:

Now, a question for clarification:  They're re-releasing Kingdoms of Amalur for PS4 in August.  I've played the original PS3 game to completion.  If the re-release has a separate trophy list, do the competition rules permit me to get scoring credit for that as well?

If you did the PS3 version before this comp started so this year then yes you will be allowed to get points for it.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization

dffcb5c03239c2e984c05c99591237df15913061

100 + 44 + 12 + 12 - 5.61 = 162.39 x 2 = 324.78

First SAO of this year cleared and started the next and final SAO game(until Alicization Lycoris comes out on July 10)

Don't know if I start another RPG or do some Warriors then I'm done with Fatal Bullet.

Edited by Leon Castle
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet

17954de21f14e73320c941a347e1e3a715926582

100 + 34 + 18 + 18 - 5.99 + 25 = 189.01 x 2 = 378.02

There all SAO plated before Alicization Lycoris is out, still need to clear the rest of the DLC(Both without and with trophies).

While I grind for Levels to prepare for the Hardcore Co-op Quests, I start Sakura Wars.

Forgot the 2 multiplier for the Hollow Realization last time so I added that now.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an update. Been absent for a few months, due to RL/Corona/Work things.

Havent managed to play anything recently, but i forgot to update on some i did a few months back.

As follows:

Cat Quest - 92.28 points

(100+69-76.72 with x1 multiplier)

South Park (Fractured But Whole) - 334.52 points

(100+67-24.74 with x2 multiplier) + 25 beast mode

Burly Men At Sea - 104.32 points

(100+68-63.68 with x1 multiplier)

Nier: Automata - 138.68 points

(100+70-31.37 with x1 multiplier)

6) Omega Quintet

Base score: 100 + 70 (trophies) - 2.81 (rarity) = 167.19

Multipliers: Double point game (x2), Let's Play (x2) = total (x4)

Total: 167.19 x 4 = 668.76

I've got the weekend to either try to finish up a non-RPG that I've set aside for a few years (Ironclad Tactics) or to bust out Alvastria Chronicles.  Not sure which it'll be, but one or the other will happen while I'm waiting for a pre-order game that's due out next week.

• Like 3

The weekend speed-run is complete:

7) Alvastia Chronicles

100 + 64 (trophies) + 50 (speedrun; 23rd fastest 100% time) - 46.31 (rarity) = 167.69

Hooray for dippy trophies like World Traveler, wherein I spent a quarter hour after completing everything else walking back and forth in town because I had to compile another 6000 steps or so.

Can we rate the difficulty of a game as a number smaller than zero on the 0-10 scale?  Because this one would qualify -- there's one trophy that requires a little knowledge and preparation and effort and the rest of the game was a snoozefest.

8) void tRrLM(); //Void Terrarium

100 + 70 (trophies) + 50 (speed / new release) - 13.64 (rarity) = 206.36

The rarity probably ought to be a couple of notches higher than that, but this is what the site's rarity statistics say right now and that's what I'm going with.

• Like 2