What is your call regards to, trophy.

ElliotSmithy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got it via serving and aiming for the lines then challenging the call if out. It took quite a few hours of attempts as the umpire is always right it seems. You can't do it on the easiest difficulty as the ball always goes in. Nightmare tbh and not enjoyable :( good luck

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I just got this trophy within around 25 service games on rookie difficulty. If you hold R2+Circle for a full power shot and aim for the service line, you'll be either right around the line or a little out of bounds. With trial and error you'll be serving perfect serves and then it's just about challenging those out calls. Good luck!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 04/09/2020 at 1:14 AM, Madmandude said:

I just got this trophy within around 25 service games on rookie difficulty. If you hold R2+Circle for a full power shot and aim for the service line, you'll be either right around the line or a little out of bounds. With trial and error you'll be serving perfect serves and then it's just about challenging those out calls. Good luck!

It worked but on AMATEUR difficulty, tried it about 100 times on rookie but umpire never called it "out" so couldn't challenge.

To give it more chances take the game to deuce when you are serving, and try it. Now if you get a point and at advantage just give a point to your opponent to go again on deuce. This way you can keep on serving.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I picked a bunch of tips of this topic to do it and mixed it together. Obviously it's not a scientific method and I could have lucked out, but at least it worked for me and it's faster than some implied proposals in this topic.

-Matches are 5 sets, 2 games in each set, so you are granted to have a serving game. I found this the best way because you can challenge everything minimally suspicious. As you have 3 challenges per set, it offers the best points to challenges ratio.

-I always played with Nadal against Monfins. Having a strong adversary is good because having more sets in a match will spare you some loading time between matches, and having a strong opponent make it more frequent than a bad opponent.

-Play on Amateur at least. I played all the game with this trophy in mind, but I played all the Career on rookie and it dawned on me that I didn't had a fault serving ONCE, besides hitting the net.

-Simulate every Monfins game, simulate to the end of the set if you are not with any challenges remaining. Just to save time, you aren't trying to win in this one.

-Underarm serve, aiming at the middle of the service line. I found it more accurate to only barely hit one axis than barely hit two axis. I can't confirm that the underarm serve is better than using a top spin serve, but I found it easier to track so I don't waste my challenges.

-Challenge everything remotely near the line. Mine looked out even with the challenge on my TV, so your eyes can be deceiving.

Spoiler

X1iWbwo.jpg

Saying that, good luck, this trophy still sucks hard.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This trophy does suck. 

I lost interest around the time the real AO is on ESPN atm. Sad, I know but two trophies are really sapping my desire for this Platinum 

EDIT: While playing career on Rookie, I noticed that I got a lot of shots to go out by using Lob shot returns. I'm 0-9, but at least I get at least 3 chances per match. I aim for the back line (don't know the technical term) or is that the service line? 

Edited by TheGoaler
I found a possible easier way

• 1 month later...
On 13.02.2021 at 3:28 PM, TheGoaler said:

This trophy does suck. 

I lost interest around the time the real AO is on ESPN atm. Sad, I know but two trophies are really sapping my desire for this Platinum 

EDIT: While playing career on Rookie, I noticed that I got a lot of shots to go out by using Lob shot returns. I'm 0-9, but at least I get at least 3 chances per match. I aim for the back line (don't know the technical term) or is that the service line? 

I see u got problem with every trophy and every trophy suck for you xD

On 3/26/2021 at 7:59 AM, Kowal821 said:

I see u got problem with every trophy and every trophy suck for you xD

Ahhhh, no.

Problem with one, the umpire one. It blows. It blows chunks.

Thank you for your lame contribution and smiley face. It's really funny struggling with a stupid luck-based Bronze trophy.

Edited by TheGoaler

3 hours ago, TheGoaler said:

Ahhhh, no.

Problem with one, the umpire one. It blows. It blows chunks.

Thank you for your lame contribution and smiley face. It's really funny struggling with a stupid luck-based Bronze trophy.

Uhm yes only with one

rxStTI5.png

2 hours ago, jay_horror said:

Well I hope it works for me. No dice and very frustrating. On Rookie the ball never goes out and on amateur it goes so far out its not even close.

You should get it. 

I was at wits end, sort of over a Bronze which is sad, but it was all I needed for the Plat. 

I've been through so much hell with this game that I can do a trophy guide!

Play on Amateur. I know some got it on Rookie, but this is all about luck and trying different things. I had on earbuds and music when I got this trophy. No BS!

That's how little I took my attempt seriously today, and voila! That's life for ya. If my female gamer friend didn't get it today, I wasn't going to try. We both got it on returns, not a serve and with Nadal who is now my favorite player, lol 

Seriously, keep trying, but don't spend hours and have it become a chore. 

Just keep telling yourself 'I'll get it.'

I really wanted this Plat, my first Tennis game since Tennis 2K2 on the Dreamcast. Different world back then!

Edited by TheGoaler
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, TheGoaler said:

You should get it. 

I was at wits end, sort of over a Bronze which is sad, but it was all I needed for the Plat. 

I've been through so much hell with this game that I can do a trophy guide!

Play on Amateur. I know some got it on Rookie, but this is all about luck and trying different things. I had on earbuds and music when I got this trophy. No BS!

That's how little I took my attempt seriously today, and voila! That's life for ya. If my female gamer friend didn't get it today, I wasn't going to try. We both got it on returns, not a serve and with Nadal who is now my favorite player, lol 

Seriously, keep trying, but don't spend hours and have it become a chore. 

Just keep telling yourself 'I'll get it.'

I really wanted this Plat, my first Tennis game since Tennis 2K2 on the Dreamcast. Different world back then!

Just got on rookie with a underarm serve to the corner. I was shocked. This is probably one of the most satisfying Platinum Trophy just for this damn bronze lol.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExrutthWgAEeUFu?format=jpg&name=small

3 hours ago, TheGoaler said:

The 'post in the forum' trick works every time.

I can't believe it but it worked for me as well LOL

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/3/2021 at 1:30 AM, jay_horror said:

Just got on rookie with a underarm serve to the corner. I was shocked. This is probably one of the most satisfying Platinum Trophy just for this damn bronze lol.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExrutthWgAEeUFu?format=jpg&name=small

I can't believe it but it worked for me as well LOL

For anyone who needs help, there are some shots that sometimes go out even on rookie. That are: as @jay_horror said the underarm serve, the top spin serve(works both wide and long), and most rarely but can happen, the lob shot towards the baseline (better if you aim to the corner), the chance this happens will increase if you lob returning opponent's serve. Hope that can be helpful to you guys.
P.S. I got the trophy in an online match lol :P

• Like 2

• 2 months later...