Servers offline?

ViperLance34

Tried doing a few online trophies with a friend, but got the servers unnavailable messagge everytime I tried pressing orange to search. I also couldn't invite friends.
GH Mix and leaderboards seem to be working though as do GH6's servers.

Was there any server shutdown announcement?

Edited by LupusLance34

42 minutes ago, Gaming-Kingdoms said:

Activision seem to be shutting a lot of PS3 servers down at the minute like all the James Bond games have been having trouble with online as well. Think it will be the case with most of their PS3 games soon.

Is it so hard for them to announce the closure dates beforehand?

If I spam L1 and X really fast on GH5 then I can actually get past the announcement and have all the modes show up. It lets me search from there but I’m not sure if it will actually match me with people. I don’t have anyone available to try this with, but this could be a way of getting this game to work, just very unreliable. I’ll try the others.

9 minutes ago, Darkette said:

If I spam L1 and X really fast on GH5 then I can actually get past the announcement and have all the modes show up. It lets me search from there but I’m not sure if it will actually match me with people. I don’t have anyone available to try this with, but this could be a way of getting this game to work, just very unreliable. I’ll try the others.

Tried this with a friend, but it doesn't work. You just keep searching indefinitely. After a while it also lets you invite people and they can actually join the lobby, but you can never actually start a match.

2 minutes ago, LupusLance34 said:

Tried this with a friend, but it doesn't work. You just keep searching indefinitely. After a while it also lets you invite people and they can actually join the lobby, but you can never actually start a match.

Ah. Guess it needs to be working for good or we get nothing at all. :l 

On Dj Hero 1 and 2, the situation was only a few people could connect or receive invites, sending invites worked fine. This affect DJ Hero 1 the most (The Supporting Act) since DJ Hero 2 doesn't actively rely on receiving invites for a trophy.

This brings some closure, now time to wait for an announcement to see if the servers have really been canned, let's hope its just temporary 

17 hours ago, LupusLance34 said:

Is it so hard for them to announce the closure dates beforehand?

I feel the same way if they had told us they would shut them in January everyone could habe finished their games off. I have been messaging them on twitter but they are still replying to January tweets they havent got to mine yet but I would imagine it will be ignored.