Why is Uncharted's multiplayer ignored?

Yeah, there are a good number of people on it, though the DLC levels are largely unpopulated.

But it seems like whenever I ask anyone about playing Uncharted, no one gives two shits about the multiplayer. Is it because it's a primarily single player game and people dislike acknowledging multiplayer in games like that?

In terms of pure gameplay, I prefer just about everything Uncharted offers over your typical Team Deathmatch shooter. People must enjoy the gameplay because Uncharted isn't exactly a hated, despised series on the PS3. I think it's rather highly rated actually... especially the second one.

Why is Uncharted never in the conversation when it comes to good multiplayer?

Hmm, that's strange to me, I've never really seen it like that, as everyone I know is the other way around, don't bother with story mode so much but are crazy for the multiplayer and are playing it constantly, and i mean constantly. Around 80 percent of my friend list will be on uncharted multiplayer when they're online and nothing else, some i hardly see play any other game ever O_O

Except for now when i'm online under everyone's name it's 'Uncharted 3 Drakes Deception Subway' xD

I may have a slightly biased uncharted fan friend list lol

For me, it is because I think the Mulitplayer is terrible. Everyone uses over-powered weapons (Hammer or RPG's), the sniper rifle or ends up camping.

I dunno, 99% of the time when I die it's from a close-quarters battle that doesn't go my way. I honestly really don't recall any Hammer or RPG abusing (not that people don't get their hands on them from time to time), but I haven't played Uncharted 2 online in a while... trophy hunting and eagerly awaiting Uncharted 3 has taken priority. :)

Though the last time I did I kicked some serious ass, which is very rare for me.

Yeah, there are a good number of people on it, though the DLC levels are largely unpopulated.

But it seems like whenever I ask anyone about playing Uncharted, no one gives two shits about the multiplayer. Is it because it's a primarily single player game and people dislike acknowledging multiplayer in games like that?

In terms of pure gameplay, I prefer just about everything Uncharted offers over your typical Team Deathmatch shooter. People must enjoy the gameplay because Uncharted isn't exactly a hated, despised series on the PS3. I think it's rather highly rated actually... especially the second one.

Why is Uncharted never in the conversation when it comes to good multiplayer?

Honestly, I think that's a huge part of it. I'm sure there are people who just legitimately don't like the multiplayer and that's fine, but I've heard numerous people say they refuse to play Uncharted multiplayer because it's "supposed" to be a singleplayer game. I personally love Uncharted's multiplayer (currently downloading Uncharted 3's multiplayer from the Subway thing) but I'm always to pre-occupied with GT5 and soon Forza 4 to play it for long. :rolleyes:

Parker

• 7 months later...

Anybody interested in firing up some Gaming Sessions for the trophies?

I'm thinking about getting back into this and based on eburk's past posts about boosting... we need 6 people (absolutely minimum) to make it happen. I'd really like to get the 100% in this at some point.

I'm thinking about getting back into this and based on eburk's past posts about boosting... we need 6 people (absolutely minimum) to make it happen. I'd really like to get the 100% in this at some point.

I'm interested in boosting online trophies. Just picked this up and working my way through it now. PSN: deeprogress

I guess I could boost for some MP trophies, even though I suck horribly at Uncharted 2 MP (along with pretty much every other competitive online game >_>). I did get all the DLC (At least I think I got all of it) for free when Plus was giving it away.

I just never liked Uncharted's mp. It seriously infuriated me to no end when I constantly put a trillion clips into a guy only for him to pull out a super weapon, spin around and slaughter me. I sold the Uncharted series a bit ago. I flat out LOVED the games and will be a fan forever. However, I played the SP campaigns into the ground and after I got the platinums, I just did not see myself coming back to them especially since there are ALWAYS new and awesome games coming out every month. The mp has no appeal to me, and I was not about to boost the annoying DLC trophies in U2, so I figured that the games are only going to continue to lose value if I kept them, and thus I sold them to Gamestop and completely pre-ordered Spec Ops: The Line :D I can't wait to eventually play U:Golden Abyss and the inevitable Uncharted 4 :)

I'm interested in boosting online trophies. Just picked this up and working my way through it now. PSN: deeprogress

Hey I would be interested myself. I recently got all the Free DLC, but the main trophy, for a cooperative match still elludes me... I can never seem to find ANYONE online in the servers for anything... it would be great to find some peeps to unlock some trophies with.

PSN. Marconovo

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Well because of stupid games like CoD and BF.....also UC3 is garbage...but you know actually Uncharted 2 has the best MP ever created...taking off the problem of joining friends sometimes...the MP is perfect...well nowadays is really hard for someone who's beginning because its full of cheaters...and since January 2011 ND stopped with the patchs and they never gave a damn to cheaters....also nowadays is 98% of the time impossible to find a match in the DLCs...oh man I miss that so much...but sometimes I still find some people playing in the DLCs...also the only mode that people still play is Deathmatch and a bit of co-op arena too,sadly the other modes are always empty....well anyway I got incredible good memories of UC2 online with friends....really fond memories,damn we used to have a time in the day that everybody would stop everything they were doing and we would reunite on UC2.Oh also is the best game to make friends...and there is a motive for that...ha back in the day before UC3 beta...it was really good to play UC2....those who never played or only started after 2011...dont have idea of how much cool and fun UC2 used to be.

To finish...I still play UC2 nowadays...and will keep playing until the end of that server.Always searching for people who play it too...if anybody here still play UC2...send me a friend request saying that.We will have some fun thats for sure.

Uncharted 2 is pretty much dead now.

Sometimes if you're lucky, you can be matched up with partners in the co-op section. 

Otherwise, it's practically only TDM. At least from what I've noticed.

I enjoyed the UC2 multiplayer much more over the UC3 multiplayer.
I just wish that some of the things implemented into UC3 had been previously placed within UC2. 

((An example of this would be when you're playing co-op and someone quits, it doesn't quit the game session.))

The DLC trophies though require a lot of boosting.

I also didn't play the multiplayer until late 2011.

Edited by FayeLeeKitty

• 3 weeks later...