Single-Player Games You Enjoy Playing With Friends

Ellie6969

Hello! Hope everyone is looking forward to the weekend! ?

Something I was thinking about today and was interested to hear people's thoughts (sorry if it has been asked recently!). What are some single-player games that you have enjoyed playing with friends? For example, some of mine:

Puzzle games like The Witness or Artifex Mundi games. I like playing these on my own too but feels really satisfying solving puzzles/spotting things with someone else. The Witness had loads of these, especially finally cracking The Challenge at the end.

Building games like Dragon Quest Builder & Conan Exiles. It's fun to design and create things together and nice having someone to chat to when grinding materials.

Simulation games like The Sims 4 & Stardew Valley. Enjoy sharing the emergent storytelling and design, deciding who is going to date who, or do what, (....or be drowned in the pool...?) 

Stupid games like Octodad & Goat Simulator, because they're funny to watch!

What are yours?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Phantochi said:

Any souls like game is fun to watch, specially if you give the control to a friend that doesn't play any kind of game, Just so you can laugh at their demise. 

Haha that's a good one actually - loved watching Bloodborne & Nioh. Mostly because I would be the one being laughed at as I died, otherwise. 

36 minutes ago, MandA60VISE said:

Friends?

??

• Like 1

I really liked playing The Witness with a friend too! It was really nice to have them there and to talk/discover some of the puzzles together. I love building games too and just grinding away, having a discussion at the same time. 

Right now I'm currently watching a friend play through Resident Evil 2 remake which has been a lot of fun! I played the game a lot back when it came out so its interesting to watch along, give some trivia and be apart of that journey. 

What other games do you like to play with friends? Can be single player or not, I'm curious! 

• Like 1

Visual novels. More specific dating sims. I guess we kind of make a competition out of it and/or see all the different routes we can take. Though we play it for a meme rather than playing it seriously. Steam as an abundance of these as well as are free to play so we thought "why not?"

• Like 1

Are you familiar with superheroes, super villains, Evola calling himself superfascist, rejecting the accusation of being fascist and so on?

That's what I exactly feel when I'm playing Just Cause, I'm not a terrorist, I'm a superterrorist, I and friends are having some mindless fun time, akin to GTA when we were younger in schools, only there's some pretty  surrealistic and fun stuff  like the drones from the DLCs.

GTA Vice City, San Andreas and IV.

GTA IV was probably the best of those. A group of my friends & I used to wag school and go to mate’s place and play GTA IV for the afternoon. Just jumping cars and watching Niko fly through the windscreen, seeing who could get the most distance. It was a lot of a fun.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JIVe_____ said:

Definitely horror games.. having friends around makes it feel safe lmao. I remember six of us at my buddy's house taking turns in PT when it first released, GOOD TIMES!

So true!!! Outlast is great for that! & Corpse Party, always needed someone present for that haha.

9 hours ago, mattfry94 said:

Right now I'm currently watching a friend play through Resident Evil 2 remake which has been a lot of fun! I played the game a lot back when it came out so its interesting to watch along, give some trivia and be apart of that journey. 

Me too! Totally adore the original, but playing the remake with someone who never played the original is a lot of fun too. Especially when you have an idea of what is coming and they don't!

8 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

Visual novels. More specific dating sims. I guess we kind of make a competition out of it and/or see all the different routes we can take. Though we play it for a meme rather than playing it seriously. Steam as an abundance of these as well as are free to play so we thought "why not?"

That's so funny, never would have considered that! Definitely going to do this. Kinda reminds me of playing princess maker 2 with my brother back in the day to see what she would turn into at the end..?

• Like 2