List of Censored Games | PS5 | PS4 | Vita |

Undead Wolf

A new game has just been released, called "Sable's Grimoire" and the store page for it says the following: "2 images have been removed and others have been censored". I don't know what was removed but knowing Sony, it was too spicy for them.

EDIT 1: I've just checked the Web version of the Switch eshop and it doesn't mention anything about the game being censored so should be identical to the PC original.

EDIT 2: I've looked up the PC version and some of the scenes are very risqué with barely hidden nudity. There's also some pretty graphic violence. Also, the PC release has a toggle that lets you turn off the mature content: "Contains occasional fantasy violence and light sexual references. Some routes contain scary/mature themes which are warned about in-game and can be turned off with an in-game setting". It boggles my mind why Sony wouldn't just let the devs leave this option in.

EDIT 3: This is part 1 of a trilogy, which means the others will also likely be censored if they get ported over to the PS4/5.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

On 10/6/2021 at 1:06 AM, kingjavs said:

Yeah, I'm more frustrated at the uncertainty and no statement about the future of 6. I'd buy 6 on the switch if they flat out said it was a Switch exclusive, but I really don't want to buy the game on switch if it's coming to playstation in the future. :/

It doesn't help that Prinny games and NIS Classics are releasing as Switch exclusive, so I already feel the company is gone. What I'd give to play their classics with trophies like La Puecelle or Phantom Brave and so on. And any new about the localization of Labyrinth of Galleria: Coven of Dusk? I enjoyed the first one so much and was so excited about the new entry since the first announcement was revealed.

• Like 2

So I added the Sakura Succubus 1 & 2 to the list along with Maitetsu: Pure Station. I was debating whether or not I should add them on there considering how they appear to be the same as the versions sold on Steam, but since official 18+ patches for these games are available to download on PC that add h-scenes and what not, it makes sense to have them on there. I'm still surprised with what they were able to get away with in the console releases of Sakura Succubus though considering the CG's that have been censored in other games thanks to Sony.

• Like 3

And then they release Sable's Grimoire with removed content when it's totally fine in the rest of platforms. I hope they come to their senses soon, against who they're trying to look good when they're the only ones butchering and kicking out games of their platform? It's weird how at the same time in the previous years that Steam and Switch made huge steps and while Steam has tons of uncut eroge in every shape, be it visual novels, RPG-Maker, 3D adventure games, etc. and even Switch has Waifu Uncovered that shows 2D nipples or Little Perky Things Sony decided it's a good idea not simply stay the same but going the opposite way...

Edited by YonahFuriae
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

It looks like Lust from Beyond will be censored when it arrives on PS4 in the near future, on account of the PC original having an AO rating:

Thanks for the heads up. I've added this article as a source for now, but hopefully when the game launches, we'll have some direct comparisons between the two versions I can link to.

• Like 2

On 6/14/2021 at 7:13 PM, HuntingFever said:

It looks like Lust from Beyond will be censored when it arrives on PS4 in the near future, on account of the PC original having an AO rating:

This is why the AO rating should be abolished imo. Games like Agony and Conan Exiles shouldn't be censored.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 4

Agony Unrated on PC is still one of the most terrifying games out there.  Here's hoping the Succubus spinoff game actually launches well.  In light of Sony's authoritarian and prude policies I think I'm just gonna use my tax return to upgrade my rig.  Still have a backlog of PS5 games to play but I don't think I'll be purchasing anything new.  Edit: Steam Summer Sale just started, goodbye Playstation.  For the P(l)ayers.

Edited by TheMutilatingOne
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, fenrir54565 said:

Guilty Gear Strive apparently they censored mentions of Taiwan from in game backstory and sakura succubus 3 censored on ps4 ps5 and switch uncensored on steam

[Censorship] Guilty Gear Strive censors mention of Taiwan from in-game backstory : KotakuInAction (reddit.com)

Sad, but all too common in this day and age. The CCP have their tendrils all over the game/entertainment industry. Do you (or anyone else) know if the 'before' screenshot was taken from the Beta or was it from an earlier version of the full game that was patched? I've added it to the list, it's just useful information to have.

As for Sakura Succubus 3, last I heard it was going to be the same as the Steam version. Are you referring to the 18+ patch content or is there something I'm unaware of?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

As for Sakura Succubus 3, last I heard it was going to be the same as the Steam version. Are you referring to the 18+ patch content or is there something I'm unaware of?

i was referring to how you can get 18+ patch off there website to uncensored the steam vision

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Helyx said:

Missing Shoot Many Robots (PS3) & BDSM (PS4).

What was censored in those games?

@Undead Wolf, it looks like Guilty Gear: Strive was censored twice to avoid pissing off China, once to remove references to Taiwan (which you've already mentioned) and the second was to remove references to a specific group of native people they're trying to quietly kill off (NSFW link): https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2021/06/23/guilty-gear-strive-censors-mention-of-taiwan-uighur-from-in-game-lore/. There's also the matter of Ramlethal's voice actor quitting for the world's dumbest reason.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

@Undead Wolf, it looks like Guilty Gear: Strive was censored twice to avoid pissing off China, once to remove references to Taiwan (which you've already mentioned) and the second was to remove references to a specific group of native people they're trying to quietly kill off (NSFW link): https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2021/06/23/guilty-gear-strive-censors-mention-of-taiwan-uighur-from-in-game-lore/. There's also the matter of Ramlethal's voice actor quitting for the world's dumbest reason.

Thanks for the additional info and source. I've added it to the entry.

• Like 1