Trophy Thoughts?

1 hour ago, g-bake_1986 said:

Hope it’s a rare plat, can’t wait to play.

They said on their last podcast it's not one of those "1-hour" plats or anything like; a challenging platinum with about a 7-8 hour time. They are fairly casual gamers, so I don't think this Velocity 2x or something like that.

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's just a shame that the physical version is going to be so limited.

Hey,

I'm not sure if you have heard this but we were able to secure an open pre-order.

So anyone who pre-orders from play-asia.com over the next 2 weeks will be guaranteed a copy.

The pre-orders will be starting later today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, breathofwater said:

Hey,

I'm not sure if you have heard this but we were able to secure an open pre-order.

So anyone who pre-orders from play-asia.com over the next 2 weeks will be guaranteed a copy.

Really? That's awesome. I'll certainly be putting a pre-order in.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BlindMango said:

It's been cool hearing about the progress of this game on Sacred Symbols and the trophy list is actually here now! I still can't believe Colin & Chris have their own game based off of them, haha epic. Beautiful work Colin, Chris, & Lillymogames! =D

I never thought I'd say how refreshing it is to see a normal list instead of a rushed list with 11 five-minute gold trophies as well. The only downside is there's gonna be 2 trophy lists for the same game instead of a single organized list - I suppose 2 lists for the same game are far better than 8 lol

I agree. I don't like stacking so I'll just platinum the Vita version but it's a nice list with an appropriate level of challenge.

Edited by DaikichiKawachi
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, breathofwater said:

Hey,

Totally unrelated but I gotta know how you have time to create these games AND be 3rd placed in the Canadian Leaderboard, seriously impressive. 

Anyways, getting this day 1 digital and pre ordering some physicals for sure. Really cool that you got to work with Colin and Chris first hand! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rotoninja said:

They said on their last podcast it's not one of those "1-hour" plats or anything like; a challenging platinum with about a 7-8 hour time. They are fairly casual gamers, so I don't think this Velocity 2x or something like that.

It will be tougher than other games from Lillymo Games but it won't be impossible either. @VitaIslandViews had an interview with the developer

Source: https://vitaislandviews.wordpress.com/2020/03/05/29-vitaislandviews-twin-breaker/ (especially question 8 and 9)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, breathofwater said:

Hey,

Are you the guy from lillymo? You rock, dude. Didn't know you were such a trophy hunter. 800 platinums? holy shit. i was proud of my 185 lol.

On 3/5/2020 at 3:41 PM, breathofwater said:

I wanted to be #1 in Canada before I started making games (the closest I got was #2), these days I have given up on that goal. I expect to drop off the top 10 over the next year. I do still love to play games and earn trophies, I just don't have as much free time for it anymore.

I am the guy! ?

You've been on my PSN friend list forever and I played your first two games. I've also been listening to Colin for over a decade. Congrats on another game and the awesome collaboration. Cheers to what is hopefully your most successful game yet. Can't wait to check it out on release day.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Throw7 said:

You've been on my PSN friend list forever and I played your first two games. I've also been listening to Colin for over a decade. Congrats on another game and the awesome collaboration. Cheers to what is hopefully your most successful game yet. Can't wait to check it out on release day.

Thanks so much my PSN buddy ;) !

I am excited for people to get their hands on it so I can see what everyone thinks.

I feel like the story and writing in Twin Breaker (by Colin) really turn it into a more complete package than my previous games.

5 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Will it have a seperate trophy list?

Yes the Physical releases (both PS4 and PS Vita) have their own list that will be the same as their ASIA release.

So if you were to buy the game from USA or EU regions the trophy lists would be different than the Physical versions.

By the way the Physical Versions are now up for pre-order here: https://www.play-asia.com/search/Twin+Breaker

They will be on sale for 10 more days before pre-orders close.

rs=w:600,h:300,cg:true

• Like 2

On 3/5/2020 at 1:51 AM, g-bake_1986 said:

Hope it’s a rare plat, can’t wait to play.

If I had to guess, I would estimate that PSNP will show a 70% or higher platinum percent. Colin may guilt people who haven't platinumed it so it may actually be higher. At least that's what I would do If I made my own game, lol.  You can check my profile to see how long it took me. 

• Like 3

On 3/13/2020 at 11:06 PM, PS_4Trophies said:

If I had to guess, I would estimate that PSNP will show a 70% or higher platinum percent. Colin may guilt people who haven't platinumed it so it may actually be higher. At least that's what I would do If I made my own game, lol.  You can check my profile to see how long it took me. 

How do you get the 'I Get Around' trophy?

5 hours ago, breathofwater said:

Hey guys,

This trophy is a combination of unlocking all 40 collectibles and playing every side mode.

NOOOOoooooo. I would never have imagined that Colin would use trophy reduncancy? That's using 2 existing trophies to create a third with no additional requirements. In this example, the "Deal of the Century" and "In Books" are the sole requirements for "I Get Around".  ??

On 16.03.2020 at 11:43 PM, PS_4Trophies said:

NOOOOoooooo. I would never have imagined that Colin would use trophy reduncancy? That's using 2 existing trophies to create a third with no additional requirements. In this example, the "Deal of the Century" and "In Books" are the sole requirements for "I Get Around".  ??

Fortunately, that's not the case :) I see some of you already got it.Is there a hint to help the rest of us or is this something that will unlock sooner or later? That and the missed/collected pickups is all I need.

19 minutes ago, plpalo said:

Fortunately, that's not the case :) I see some of you already got it.Is there a hint to help the rest of us or is this something that will unlock sooner or later? That and the missed/collected pickups is all I need.

It is a combination of those things as stated above. (All collectibles unlocked and all side modes played).

If you have Deal of the Century and In Books, but not I Get Around, then I imagine the issue must be a saving one.

My theory is that you may have played each of the modes but not completed a full session in them, thus not triggering a save.

If you were then to close the game after getting the trophy, without saving your data you would have the trophy for playing all modes, but your save data would not reflect this.

If this is indeed the case playing each mode again would solve the problem.

Let me know if this is it.

46 minutes ago, breathofwater said:

It is a combination of those things as stated above. (All collectibles unlocked and all side modes played).

If you have Deal of the Century and In Books, but not I Get Around, then I imagine the issue must be a saving one.

My theory is that you may have played each of the modes but not completed a full session in them, thus not triggering a save.

If you were then to close the game after getting the trophy, without saving your data you would have the trophy for playing all modes, but your save data would not reflect this.

I must have been that, yes. Thank you. I started boss rush again but this time played until I lost all my lives and the trophy popped in the main menu just after saving.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 5:41 PM, breathofwater said:

I wanted to be #1 in Canada before I started making games (the closest I got was #2), these days I have given up on that goal. I expect to drop off the top 10 over the next year. I do still love to play games and earn trophies, I just don't have as much free time for it anymore.

I am the guy! 1f642.png

Well, Nukes and ggamer are no longer active on their main accounts, so I think you're safe for a while. I'm closing in on 5th, but its a huge gap from there to catch you.

Congrats on the game. I grabbed the Play-Asia Limited Vita version. Gonna go on the shelf with my Vita Habroxia LE. That was another game I really enjoyed. Keep em coming, you're doing Canada proud ?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, plpalo said:

I must have been that, yes. Thank you. I started boss rush again but this time played until I lost all my lives and the trophy popped in the main menu just after saving.

Glad it worked out! ?

37 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Congrats on the game. I grabbed the Play-Asia Limited Vita version. Gonna go on the shelf with my Vita Habroxia LE. That was another game I really enjoyed. Keep em coming, you're doing Canada proud 1f60e.png

Thank you! ??<3

16 hours ago, breathofwater said:

Maybe it could have said "complete at least one game in each side mode". The first thing I tried was just starting a mode and immediately exiting as I'm sure many others will do. That won't work and just the simple addition of adding the word complete makes the trophy requirement clear. I'm not saying change it, people will still figure it. 

Edited by PS_4Trophies

18 minutes ago, PS_4Trophies said:

Maybe it could have said "complete at least one game in each side mode". The first thing I tried was just starting a mode and immediately exiting as I'm sure many others will do. That won't work and just the simple addition of adding the word complete makes the trophy requirement clear. I'm not saying change it, people will still figure it. 

The trophy for playing each mode pops as soon as the mode is started.

The problem is if you quit out of the application before any saves have taken place there is no record of you starting the modes on your save.

The trophy for I Get Around pops during saves, but it is not actually required that you finish a round for this trophy either.

It is just that if you have played each mode and quit the application before any save takes place you would need to start them again.

3 minutes ago, breathofwater said:

The trophy for playing each mode pops as soon as the mode is started.

The problem is if you quit out of the application before any saves have taken place there is no record of you starting the modes on your save.

The trophy for I Get Around pops during saves, but it is not actually required that you finish a round for this trophy either.

It is just that if you have played each mode and quit the application before any save takes place you would need to start them again.

I love this conversation. You're thinking from the development side and I'm thinking from the end user experience, interpreting the trophy. What you said is 100% true and is great inside baseball for people although I still like my method of fixing it by sweeping the dirt under the rug