Is this only the second game to have a second trophy list?

29 minutes ago, X_RaceKing_X said:

So why do they do this for games with so many trophies? What is the point of this mess? They raised the cap a few years ago for games but why even set a limit on trophies if this is allowed.

That's because Sony stores this information on the database as a smallint and that data type has a max value of 127.When they created the database schema back in 2008 they didn't predict that a single game would get more than 127 trophies.

Note that the data type of a table column in the database can change but that opens a can of worms.

Edited by pot1414
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, pot1414 said:

That's because Sony stores this information on the database as a smallint and that data type has a max value of 127.When they created the database schema back in 2008 they didn't predict that a single game would get more than 127 trophies.

Note that the data type of a table column in the database can change but that opens a can of worms.

This. I imagine that'll be something that will change whenever Sony gets around to overhauling the PSN.

In the meantime, a second list will help quarantine difficult trophies for the next several expansions/additions.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 3/11/2020 at 0:23 AM, Jelly Soup said:

This. I imagine that'll be something that will change whenever Sony gets around to overhauling the PSN.

In the meantime, a second list will help quarantine difficult trophies for the next several expansions/additions.

They won't fix old stuff because:

1 - They don't want to break stuff that's currently working

2 - If it breaks, they don't want to lose time fixing old stuff

(I know there's an intentional circular reasoning there, but truth is Sony doesn't care for their old stuff, if they could, they'd force everyone to migrate to ps5).

As you can see by PS5's Dead By Daylight trophy list, the trophy cap has already been raised there.

I just hope the cap is not too high because otherwise we'll soon see games spamming dlc with trophies.

• Like 1