Suggestion to improve Manual Reporting (for when/if it comes back)

yazter

Before you reply, please keep an open mind.  Also, please do not mention specific names or resort to accusations as this is not what the topic is about.  I will NOT use any names nor mention anyone specific.

Now, I'm all for the community pitching in and helping out.  I support this 100%

But I recall reading that among top players, some would report other top players who turn out legit just so be ahead on the leaderboards.

How often does this happen? Not sure.

But the point is: a lot of the reporting is done out of vendetta or trolling.

If the reported person appears to be cheating, it doesn't matter what the reporter's intention is, he/she should be removed

HOWEVER, to prevent abuse of this feature, I suggest the following:

1) That the reporter have at least 1,000 trophies (this is to prevent troll accounts with minimum/no trophies)

2) A caveat saying that if the reported person proves his/her legitimacy, then he will be given the name of the person who reported him.  Otherwise, the reporter remains anonymous.

This is just a suggestion. It's not set in stone.  It would be a PREVENTATIVE measure.  If you think there should be more, add it!

I do not play to compete on the leaderboards, so this doesn't affect me (I never claimed to be 100% pure.  Far from it).  I care about completion rate. I'm slowly cleaning up my list and then cutting back a lot until PS4 comes out. But I hope it would less any potential poisoning of the well for those who are *actually legit*

Thoughts?

Reporting is available for premium members as of now as a test of sorts. I expect Sly is working out kinds and trying to find the best way to sort through them.

I think the 1,000 posts is a bit ridiculous. I've been here since day 2 and I've yet to accumulate that many. Just because I don't post as much doesn't mean I'm not active as I frequent the chat box quite often.

I'm not much a fan of the reporter's name being revealed. It would just cause unnecessary and unwanted drama. Instead perhaps the reporter could be asked / told to be more careful in their reports.

• Like 3

Reporting is available for premium members as of now as a test of sorts. I expect Sly is working out kinds and trying to find the best way to sort through them.

I think the 1,000 posts is a bit ridiculous. I've been here since day 2 and I've yet to accumulate that many. Just because I don't post as much doesn't mean I'm not active as I frequent the chat box quite often.

I'm not much a fan of the reporter's name being revealed. It would just cause unnecessary and unwanted drama. Instead perhaps the reporter could be asked / told to be more careful in their reports.

I said 1,000 Trophies! Not posts, lol! :P

@Kirkburculosis.  If this is the case, that Premium members can report (which I did NOT know about, mind you) then I think it's a good thing and if it works then no need to fix what's not broken.

Thanks guys! :)

Edited by yazter

Yeah what Lee said. Premium members can report people. That's all that's needed.

Sly did the right thing by not allowing everyone to report and that's how it should stay.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/175-Modern-Warfare-2/Kovish - he has hacked stars, but I can't find any "Report cheater" button there.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/47-SOCOM-U-S-NAVY-SEALS-CONFRONTATION/Stratege - same goes there, still no "Report".

Edited by ScooloV
  • Like 1

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/175-Modern-Warfare-2/Kovish - he has hacked stars, but I can't find any "Report cheater" button there.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/47-SOCOM-U-S-NAVY-SEALS-CONFRONTATION/Stratege - same goes there, still no "Report".

Hmm, that is rather weird... especially because any other games that these users own you are able to report for. My guess is that simply these users were reported before for cheating very recently and their claims are to be looked at so nobody else is given the option to report OR they have been reported long before on that game and that user was able to somehow justify that they did not cheat for that game so they disabled further reporting for that game or something, lol, that's just my guess

Edited by BlindMango

That's cool premiums can report. I actually tried to buy premium a couple weeks ago but due to my terrible math skills I was $1.50 short for the lifetime price. I will be getting it in a week or two tho whenever this transfer goes into my paypal.

Like half the people who have earned the Spartacus Rich & Famous trophy have hacked it, I wanna report them haha.

As for the OP suggestion, it doesn't make any sense to me at all. What is giving the reporter's name gonna accomplish exactly? That the reportee can then send hate mail or retaliate in some way? I think a post limit (or premium as it currently is) plus something like the first time you falsley/incorrectly accuse someone you get a warning, second time you get a one month ban from being able to report and third time you lose your reporting priveledges for life, something like that would make a lot more sense.

Before you reply, please keep an open mind.  Also, please do not mention specific names or resort to accusations as this is not what the topic is about.  I will NOT use any names nor mention anyone specific.

Now, I'm all for the community pitching in and helping out.  I support this 100%

But I recall reading that among top players, some would report other top players who turn out legit just so be ahead on the leaderboards.

How often does this happen? Not sure.

But the point is: a lot of the reporting is done out of vendetta or trolling.

If the reported person appears to be cheating, it doesn't matter what the reporter's intention is, he/she should be removed

HOWEVER, to prevent abuse of this feature, I suggest the following:

1) That the reporter have at least 1,000 trophies (this is to prevent troll accounts with minimum/no trophies)

2) A caveat saying that if the reported person proves his/her legitimacy, then he will be given the name of the person who reported him.  Otherwise, the reporter remains anonymous.

This is just a suggestion. It's not set in stone.  It would be a PREVENTATIVE measure.  If you think there should be more, add it!

I do not play to compete on the leaderboards, so this doesn't affect me (I never claimed to be 100% pure.  Far from it).  I care about completion rate. I'm slowly cleaning up my list and then cutting back a lot until PS4 comes out. But I hope it would less any potential poisoning of the well for those who are *actually legit*

Thoughts?

It doesn't matter how many trophies a person has.  If he/she has knowledge of the game, then he/she should be able to report on it.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out such game doesn't take 30 mins to plat.  If you don't care about the leaderboards, then why are you hiding the trophies on your games that folks are likely to report on :hmm:

Yes, trophy mobsters are having cat fights among other mobsters and their cronies.  So, yes they want to be the biggest trophy empire fraudpire in all of PSN.  There are folks that are reporting because of the obvious BS though, like playing games five years before the release of games and stuff like that.

Perhaps this should be sent to Sly.  Most games can be reported, but not those.

Edited by grimydawg

I think I just need to wait a little. Cause Sly made no news about this feature, may be it's still "in process".

You cannot report a game on somebody's profile that has already been reported. Chances are that someone already reported those two.

And if someone reported them already, why they are not in "dirty" list? As you can see both of them are cheaters.

I'm fairly certain all reported gamers have to be checked by a person, because of this, you won't instantly see them marked as cheaters after pressing the report button.

Edited by BlindMango

Sigh...

I don't know these people but I am just not comfortable with publicly naming them.  I asked you guys nicely to please not bring up usernames. 

It doesn't matter how many trophies a person has.  If he/she has knowledge of the game, then he/she should be able to report on it.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out such game doesn't take 30 mins to plat.  If you don't care about the leaderboards, then why are you hiding the trophies on your games that folks are likely to report on :hmm:

Yes, trophy mobsters are having cat fights among other mobsters and their cronies.  So, yes they want to be the biggest trophy empire fraudpire in all of PSN.  There are folks that are reporting because of the obvious BS though, like playing games five years before the release of games and stuff like that.

That's why I was hesitant to post this suggestion.  Part of me knew it was going to be turned around to discuss personal choices.  I spoke to many people about NOT wanting to be on the leaderboard.  But I'm assuming it has to be with the coding (not sure).  As for hidden games, displaying games that were actually glitched is not something I should brag about.  With the obvious exception of LittleBigPlanet 2 (Move DLC), because it was marked but instead of explaining it for the millionth time, without mentioning names or details, in case this turns out to be a matter of trolling, I'm just waiting to see if whoever keeps reporting me actually has the balls to confront me directly instead of using this website as a pawn for personal vendetta.

Edited by yazter

• 1 month later...