List of all DLCs with notable 'hard' events

AJ_Radio

1 hour ago, Xenoblast91 said:

I've also learnt that rain isn't an issue at all. It's your friend and not your enemy. While doing "One Man, One Engine", which many compare it with Venom Hot Lap 2, I saw that rain can boost your speed and drift at curves; the same applies for the Marussia track, which I found pretty easy against other events from its DLC. 

Therefore, TL;DR. Play each track and learn it; allow your car get Fame. Use rain to your benefit and don't fear it. Play dirty when is needed, that's sometimes your only option.

It's worth mentioning that I did that Venom GT time trial back in August of last year. I definitely got used to the game a bit more since. I just so happened to complete that AMG & Marussia one's just now and they were surprisingly easier than I thought.

I have only 4 DLC's Tours left (+2 bike ones) before finally getting 100%. 

• Like 1

Got Torque done. Definitely the hardest DLC I've finished.

Elements, AMG and Finish Line is all I have left. Will start Elements tonight (I live in Pacific Standard Time) but probably won't finish until tomorrow at least. AMG and Finish Line are pretty tough due to the double requirements.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ConAir said:

I'm stuck in The Midnidght DLC. There is one long race where the weather changes all the time. You are off for a decent first half and than you ruin it by sliding off course.

From Dust Til Dawn is a bit annoying. The vehicle is a little hard to control especially in the rain, plus you got 13 laps to drive around in addition to several Face Off events. It's possible to get all three gold stars in one go, but I found that too difficult and I just went for first place on one attempt, and the face off requirements on another attempt.

Did Venom Hot Lap 2 in Elements and I pretty much agree with everyone else. It is definitely one of the hardest events in Driveclub.

I spent over two hours on it. The first problem was getting used to the vehicle, it has some of the worst handling for a Hyper Car type. Then there's the track itself, it's incredibly easy to just overshoot the corners or basically flick the control stick a little too far, having your back tires squeal begging for mercy as you're basically drifting. Had to restart at least 100 - 200 times.

The AI isn't as competitive in Elements as they were in Torque and Evolution, found some events easy. It's that one event that makes this DLC more difficult than most of the others.

• Like 1

For anyone having trouble with Venom Hot Lap 2, here are 2 good guides you can follow: the first one is the cheesy way to finish the race without much trouble, but requires skills from you though to properly finish it.

The second one is driven perfectly and is how it supposed to be done. Unsurprisingly, this race is the most watched from the whole game. Personally I tried it in other account and doesn't seems that tough to be honest. I'll jump later to my main to finish it as must be.

• Like 2

Okay, I'll offer my thoughts.

As infamous as Elements is, it wouldn't make my top 5 DLC in terms of difficulty. Sure, Venom Hot Lap 2 is a challenge, but after some practice it became easier and easier for me to salvage time. I'd say both Venom time trials are about equally hard. Bad weather and visibility aside (especially in the final tournament) I thought the A.I. was easy to contend with in Elements. 

The toughest for me were:

1. Torque - Because of the onslaught of challenging events, this one tops the list. Atomic Theory was ridiculous. Now, I didn't realize that crashing into walls would help, so I discovered something else: switching between gear types--automatic for driving in a straight line and manual for curves. It's a hassle to pause the game constantly, but it eventually worked once I got the timing down. That particular event feels rigged against the player anyways (how does the A.I. never spin out at their speed?), so I don't mind using unconventional methods to beat it. Anyways, endurance races are annoying, and Choose Your Poison was probably my least favorite. Getting into the top 2 and then maintaining it is a struggle. I believe the face-offs required more precision here, too. Most of the other endurance races require a top 3 finish, I believe (though I ultimately finished 1st in all of them). Even the drift events warranted some retries. Usually, I beat those easily.

2. AMG - I did this DLC very early on, so maybe I hadn't developed much as a driver yet. But One Man, One Engine felt insurmountable for a while. Needing 2 clean sectors while carefully regulating my speed the entire time, constantly alternating between L2 and R2 to keep from spinning out, made this the most demanding event in the game for me. I kind of forget which others were troublesome. I'm guessing Back to Black was. The GT Duel also has some annoying objectives.

3. Midnight - I think this one was the most time-consuming for me. Dusk 'Til Dawn sucked. Rain and darkness on a tricky track? I eventually got the hang of it, though, and beat it soundly. As the name implies, each event is held in darkness, which was the primary source of this DLC's difficulty for me. I made mistakes simply because I couldn't tell what was approaching. Unlike in Elements, the computer cars weren't chumps. Vuhl Proof wasn't as bad as I expected but it still demanded me to race well.

4. Pacesetter - There are five time trials in this. Looking at my times, I barely beat all of them. In fact, most of the events have a time objective, which gets exhausting after a while. Dam Busters is another irritating endurance race. Can't make too many mistakes and still finish within 11:40. 

After those four, I'm not sure. Maybe Evolution? A Class Buggy proved very difficult and driving through the dirt didn't feel intuitive for a while. Peak Performance demanded nearly perfect racing in the dark.

I think the endurance race from RPM--Takahagi Hillbillies--was frustrating but I don't really recall. It does have a 1st place objective, and it takes about 14 minutes to finish. 

I also want to mention Clocking Off from Finish Line (actually Bikes DLC but with cars). I needed probably 20-30 attempts to conquer this one. Mastering that track was brutal for me--it's still probably my least favorite location. The area immediately after the tunnel invites disaster. 

Bikes was pretty easy except for Vicious Cycle in Tour because of those accursed clean lap objectives. In that event, I basically couldn't touch the smallest portion of dirt without being penalized. Beyond that, the double objectives in skills events were a bit vexing but still very doable.

I still have to finish 33 more DLC events but none of the other ones stumped me too much, aside from the occasional time trial and race. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, luketheduke12 said:

snip

You're basically got the 100 percent in Driveclub in your grasp, shouldn't be anything too bad especially after Venom Hot Lap 2 and One Man One Engine.

Both of those events took me 5 - 6 hours of effort combined.

7 hours ago, luketheduke12 said:

I also want to mention Clocking Off from Finish Line (actually Bikes DLC but with cars). I needed probably 20-30 attempts to conquer this one. Mastering that track was brutal for me--it's still probably my least favorite location. The area immediately after the tunnel invites disaster.

This is the last DLC I have to do. One of the vehicles here handles poorly, it's basically a lot like the Hennessey Venom which is in Elements and Photo Finish.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, luketheduke12 said:

Okay, I'll offer my thoughts.

As infamous as Elements is, it wouldn't make my top 5 DLC in terms of difficulty. Sure, Venom Hot Lap 2 is a challenge, but after some practice it became easier and easier for me to salvage time. I'd say both Venom time trials are about equally hard. Bad weather and visibility aside (especially in the final tournament) I thought the A.I. was easy to contend with in Elements. 

1. Torque

2. AMG

3. Midnight

4. Pacesetter

After those four, I'm not sure. Maybe Evolution?

Alright. I see what happened here. I finished all the "hard" ones. So... that means that what I have left, incluiding VHL2 would be a breeze? Really want to finish this in this week. Couldn't beat the 100% before the shutdown, but seems that I'm ok, LOL. I can agree more or less with that order. My thoughts will vary, but I can say those certianly are pretty much the hardest DLC of the whole game. I fear Icons because despite Lamborghini was middle difficulty, I felt it challenging tho.

In my case: 

1. Then I'll say Pacesetter which took me a whole weekend. It's the real bitch here, a truly pain in the ass. 
  2. It took me around 3 days to finish AMG. To hell with Back in Black. Really tight time trial, with little room to error. 
  3. Evolution took me this past weekend to finish; never expected few tracks, but I enjoyed the mechanic of the Buggy which allows you to run over dirt. 
  4. Midnight, around a day without considering sleeping time. That endurance race... to get to Top 3 is challenging, despite the rain mid-race, you really need to memorize the track to avoid unwanted drifts or off-tracks. 
  5. Torque (I know, may be I'm crazy). I feel kind surprised but at the same time relieve from finishing that one. Never expected to done it in a single day! The last five tracks along with the final race of the Championship (need to reach an average speed around 123 km/h | 76 mph to one star; took me several tries due a red curve near the start of the face-off) were tough. 

I've got a lot of Fame with my Venom, and feel kinda familiar with it. I'll check it out latter that one; really want to race it! Will try the "easy" ones in the following days. 

Edited by Xenoblast91
  • Like 1

I got everything done, including Finish Line.

What an experience. I initially didn't like Driveclub but after completing this I may try my hand on other racing games in the future. Not for a while, I need to reduce my backlog some before I start buying into more games.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I may try my hand on other racing games in the future.

Congratulations for 100% in both games! My most sincerely cheer for your feat! ?

Also, I would like to say that this motivated me to try Gran Turismo Sport. Sounds challenging, and the guide here seems to points out for a 10/10 in terms of difficulty. Anyways, I'll play it later too. Many other games to start and finish.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Congratulations for 100% in both games! My most sincerely cheer for your feat! 1f600.png

Also, I would like to say that this motivated me to try Gran Turismo Sport. Sounds challenging, and the guide here seems to points out for a 10/10 in terms of difficulty. Anyways, I'll play it later too. Many other games to start and finish.  

Took a lot of time and effort, but Driveclub is up there with Batman: Arkham Knight as one of my proudest 100 percents with a platinum.

You're definitely going towards the difficult spectrum with Gran Turismo Sport. I think going for Horizon Chase Turbo, Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled and Team Sonic Racing are moreso my skill level. I could try my hand with stuff like Dangerous Driving, but that won't be for quite a while.

• Like 1

Congrats on the accomplishment.  I think this is higher than a 6/10 based on the events I have played and how most games are rated.

I’ve only played this game casually (I think I am still on low steer assist lol) and intermittently, picking up the DLC championship trophies but never going for all stars as it is not my style to keep replaying/restarting events over and over.  I would find it too frustrating and probably repetitive.

I know All-Stars is suppose to be easiest so I will probably start with that one but it is only a bronze.  If I want to get a Gold trophy  or two, it seems like Sakura and Apex are good choices?  All of the others I think you have labeled as having a really hard event or multiple hard ones.

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

Congrats on the accomplishment.  I think this is higher than a 6/10 based on the events I have played and how most games are rated.

I’ve only played this game casually (I think I am still on low steer assist lol) and intermittently, picking up the DLC championship trophies but never going for all stars as it is not my style to keep replaying/restarting events over and over.  I would find it too frustrating and probably repetitive.

I know All-Stars is suppose to be easiest so I will probably start with that one but it is only a bronze.  If I want to get a Gold trophy  or two, it seems like Sakura and Apex are good choices?  All of the others I think you have labeled as having a really hard event or multiple hard ones.

There's a good number of events in each DLC that aren't that bad. But as you said most of them have at least one or two that are a bit annoying.

I can definitely see people rage quitting on Venom Hot Lap 2 and One Man One Engine. I consider those two to be the most difficult events in the entire game. If you can three star both of those, then you are capable of getting the 100 percent in Driveclub.

I turned steer assist off entirely because otherwise it's virtually impossible to get three stars in those time trials.

RPM is a good choice if you want a gold trophy or two, the only event you have to worry about is Tagahaki Hillbillies, which is an endurance race that takes 14 - 15 mins to complete. Sakura is fairly easy, I found Apex a little harder.

Avoid Pacesetter, Velocity, Torque, Elements and AMG. Those are difficult DLCs to finish.

It's perfectly fine if you can't get all the trophies. Not everybody can, I'm proud of being one of the few who stuck with it.

• Like 3

I struggled with Elements, but I feel like it prepared me for Finish Line as that was the first one I started. I truly didn't think I'd beat any of them after starting finish line, my thoughts were "holy shit no one actually played these DLC's except the car nerds" as I was NOT prepared for how hard this was gonna be. I was thinking I might as well go play GT Sport if I'm gonna struggle and rage over a racing game. I beat Elements last night, venom hot lap 2 I got super lucky that I finally got the car to not break down and barely scrounged a win. But it did take like 2 hours... I went to finish line afterwards and did most of it but it's still a pretty big challenge. Right now this Clocking Off ghost is driving me nuts, the car goes airborne on every slight bridge and it spins me out, I watch videos the people going faster than me aren't spinning out!! Ugh. Idk How I completed the one event where it was literally 0 visibility and it was a 10 person race in a championship I think, venom hot lap 2 wasnt bad in terms of visibility as I had the ghost lighting my way basically.

If I get this finish line done, Im moving onto the other hard ones so I can snooze through the rest of the DLC's. Though tbh nothing is sticking, I'm just kinda tailgating the ghost and then seeing certain parts that he slows down at and I instead speed up and scrounge a win, I don't actually know what I'm doing lol. So far I highly prefer the non super/hyper car events as I can actually hold down the gas and turn or drift without the car doing donuts. I still highly prefer this over something like Need for speed unleashed 2, that game was literally unplayable with how hard it was and its brutal perfect AI. I'd do anything to delete that one trophy I have from it <:(

My dumbass has OCD and I spent money on these DLC's so I have to finish them to avoid clawing my skin off. I'm considering opening a fruitless gaming session where I can shareplay a event or two.

10 minutes later edit: Beat the Clocking Out event on finish line. The theory that Complaining on the internet boosts power level continues to be proven true. Onto Torque!

Edited by StanPortrBridges
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, StanPortrBridges said:

My dumbass has OCD and I spent money on these DLC's so I have to finish them to avoid clawing my skin off. I'm considering opening a fruitless gaming session where I can shareplay a event or two.

10 minutes later edit: Beat the Clocking Out event on finish line. The theory that Complaining on the internet boosts power level continues to be proven true. Onto Torque!

I don't know but due the server's shutdown, I feel the game tougher. Velocity was completely a bitch... Took around an hour to beat the first event, which is pretty easy and doable; but I'm not sure if it's for that reason, I stuck psychologically because I was aware of the fact or simply I suck at the game. Anyways. Now #UniteInSpeed comes and the same shit again... Those tracks are tough, and now just want to rush the thing. Just All-Stars and Elements left... 

But please... Tell me that servers' lack isn't the issue with difficulty! 

2 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Nah, the difficulty doesn't change, however the "Cornering" Face-Offs were quite helpful if you aren't a true expert at the game... but it's just my opinion.

Yeah... May be it's that. Anyways, I figured out many of the tracks by 10 attempts, LOL. I certianly thought that Fame helped in some way. 

23 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Yeah... May be it's that. Anyways, I figured out many of the tracks by 10 attempts, LOL. I certianly thought that Fame helped in some way. 

losing the driving lines the online provided does make the game a tinge harder though. The driving lines the game would randomly give during venom hot lap helped a lot.

This French Connection race in Torque is no joke, barely beat it. Youtube videos say its as hard as the elements DLC so hopefully after this DLC it's all easy street...hopefully.

Yeesh neither is this Atomic Theory race. This go kart with a rocket loves spinning out when you even go near the R2 button. Luckily you can crash into the first corner at 160 mph and gain a huge lead over the ghost that way.

Torque is done. The AI here were super competitive, the championship races I could barely stay ahead in 1st if at all, would settle for 2nd place and squeak out a 1st place in the next race. I'm getting real sick of rain...

Rage edit: 2:31.782...2:31.398... for One Man One Engine...I just dont understand the last part of the track, its like the rain gets replaced with oil and I just lose all control of my car and the other car activates its nitro and blows by me...how in the world is it not spinning out???

Hour later edit: One Man. One Engine. DONE. Def the 2nd hardest event I've done so far, hot venom lap took like 2 hours and this took an hour, prolly cause hot venom lap forced me to git gud. 2:30.413, doesnt sound like much but that guy was RIGHT behind me

1547f79f47.jpg

Edited by StanPortrBridges